PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like Denny's?

Crawlin
08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
It's just so CONVENIENT to have right across the street from work. If i'm working in the morning, got the lumberjack slam. if it's night, i got the philly melt at the touch of a button!

What are some good sandwich shops around? Not like Quizno's or Cousin's, i'm talking really good sandwiches!

JohnnyT
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I thought those were all closed... They're OK, definitely cheap and marginally better than fast food...

Must be a slow night at the dealership huh??? :goof

Syclone0044
08-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Potbelly Sandwich Works on Bluemound Rd in Brookfield , best hands down. Get "A Wreck" - Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, & Salami on a perfectly toasted bun with all the fixings. Amazingly good!!

Kind of in the same area as CompUSA, right by Burger King, Wong's Wok, and the snowmobile place.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Crawlin
08-22-2005, 07:39 PM
I thought those were all closed... They're OK, definitely cheap and marginally better than fast food...

Must be a slow night at the dealership huh??? :goof

Dude, i don't do **** for work anymore, haha. ALL INTERNET stuff :) so yes, monday night = SLOOOOOOOW

Cryptic
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I like Denny's on those oober drunk nights, crawling in there about 4am.

v6camarogrl
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
agreed, Denny's is awesome after a night of drinking and the munchies hit.... and no I'm not 21 yet, so scratch that! :goof

Potbelly's is really good, I've only been to the one on state street in madtown, didn't realize there was one in waukesha. But yes, their sandwiches rock!

JC70SS
08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Without a doubt, Oakland Gyros!! :drool: Also Cosi in Bayside is great.

PonyKiller87
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Johnny V's is way better than Denny's

Better food, nicer people... much better.

HITMAN
08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
It's just so CONVENIENT to have right across the street from work. If i'm working in the morning, got the lumberjack slam. if it's night, i got the philly melt at the touch of a button!

What are some good sandwich shops around? Not like Quizno's or Cousin's, i'm talking really good sandwiches!

Well that depends. Which stealership are you working at? I seem to remember it being one of the Breager group... If so, you might want to try Charley's Grilled Subs down on 27th and Ohio. Great grilled subs, MUCH better than Quizno's. If you like Italian sausage sandwiches, Ned's Pizza (3246 S 27th St.) has the best in that area. For burgers, Mazo's (3146 S 27th St.) has one of the best, if not THE BEST, in the city.

Al
08-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Also Cosi in Bayside is great.

Cosi is good, but expensive.

Denny's is good, but Webbs and Perkins is better.

GTSLOW
08-23-2005, 03:39 AM
Cosi is good, but expensive.

Denny's is good, but Webbs and Perkins is better.

Mmmm Perkins :D

DFJ6000
08-23-2005, 04:24 AM
ima go for another vote for johnny v's. all you can eat tacos? hells yeah

ponyride00
08-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Well that depends. Which stealership are you working at? I seem to remember it being one of the Breager group... If so, you might want to try Charley's Grilled Subs down on 27th and Ohio. Great grilled subs, MUCH better than Quizno's. If you like Italian sausage sandwiches, Ned's Pizza (3246 S 27th St.) has the best in that area. For burgers, Mazo's (3146 S 27th St.) has one of the best, if not THE BEST, in the city.

Charley's is one of my favorites lately. Turkey and chedder kicks ass. They are really close to you Chris. Ohio is one block south of Oklahoma. There is also one in Waukesha on Bluemound. Deffinatly try it.

jbiscuit
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Dennys: 0

Webbs: 1

A B4C Z
08-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Jimmy Johns. Good subs cheap and fast.

SlowStee
08-23-2005, 02:56 PM

You work at the dealership by mayfair?

Do you know Randy Fowler?

Crawlin
08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
You work at the dealership by mayfair?

Do you know Randy Fowler?

nope, but i know someone who does who used to work with me here on 27th street.

and hitman, yes charlie's is awesome. that's a stealership favorite. 3cheese bacon steak sandwich!!! love it so much i started making it at home!

Nix
08-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Jimmy Johns. Good subs cheap and fast.

Werd... :thumbsup Jimmy J's all the way. :banana

Flight_740
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
You have to try fritzes pub on I believe 13th and oklahoma or withing a few blocks of there. Awsome pub grub. :thumbsup

kenseth17
08-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Can't remember if it is dennys or perkins, but whichever one had the skillet scramble, I ate enough of those after a good drunk. We use to hit the 41 truck stop a lot too in Depere, WI. It closed down now, but was a good cheap breakfast after blowing most of your cash on drinks. Haven't drank a real lot the last year and a half, so I haven't been to any of those places for awhile.

Crawlin
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
I gotta bring this TTT....

the Denny's across the street from Braeger Ford is now employing a phone sex operator as a take out order person. it's the funniest thing in the world. it's like the crank yankers skit when they called for the deaf guy, haha