PDA

View Full Version : rolling fender?

Cleveland Dave
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
how do i go about doing this...my passenger side rear wheel is getting cut up from rubbing on the fender on the outside...ive read about rolling the fender...what is involved in doing that? getting a BFH and beating the **** out of it?

Silver350
08-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Dave just get skinner tires. :thumbsup

animal
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
I'v also heard of the louisville slugger method. Place the bat against the tires, and pry the fender lip up.

Cleveland Dave
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
well from searching and searching...there is the hammer method, the bat method...some type of wrench method.

there is some 300 dollar tool u can buy or try to rent...

scoot: i dont have money to get different tires right now...

Yooformula
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Are they stock rims/tires?

JohnnyT
08-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Are they stock rims/tires?

Stock rims, Kuhmo 285/40 tires and lowering springs...

Take it to a body shop so you don't fvck up the quarters. Spend a little now and save a lot later...

Don't get rid of the tires, they are brand new!!!! You would be STUPID to do that... :rolleyes:

0TransAm0
08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
wouldnt useing a bat to roll the fender crack the paint??? IDK good luck id go to a body shop and have it done.

Cleveland Dave
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Stock rims, Kuhmo 285/40 tires and lowering springs...

Take it to a body shop so you don't fvck up the quarters. Spend a little now and save a lot later...

Don't get rid of the tires, they are brand new!!!! You would be STUPID to do that... :rolleyes:

i dont want to get rid of those...ok ill take it to a body shop ive read about the things stupid people have done and ******* them up.

i dont get why the passenger side is the only side that is showing the tire getting cut.

0TransAm0
08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
maybee you have a suspension prblem that you dont know about or take harder left hand turns than right?? what about the air pressure in the tire.. it would only take something that small to make that big of a clearance problem...

murdoc158
08-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Call up Andy at Project 2 in Waukesha. They can roll your fenders for you.

JohnnyT
08-22-2005, 04:33 PM
i dont get why the passenger side is the only side that is showing the tire getting cut.

I prolly didn't adjust the panhard bar to be totally centered. You can recenter the rear by re-adjusting that bar...

And to 0TransAm0, there are NO hidden suspension problems that he needs to be concerned about...

Cleveland Dave
08-22-2005, 04:59 PM
how do i do that?

Cryptic
08-22-2005, 07:06 PM
heat gun and baseball bat if you cant get a hold of the tool.

I wanna roll mine too. Just in case I break for some 18's

JohnnyT
08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
how do i do that?

Jack up the rear of the car and you'll see a bar that goes across the back of the rear end. There is one side that has a jam nut on it. I think its the pass side if I remember right. Losten the jam nut, then disconnect that end of the bar so you can spin it to shorten or lengthen the bar. Its kinda time consuming because you have to keep reconnecting the bar and measuring the rear each time you change the length. You should really put the car on the ground each time you measure.... That's why its a little off. I got it as close and was sick of putting the car up and taking it down and remeasuring... Not fun, and much easier to do with a lift.

Irish
08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
wouldnt useing a bat to roll the fender crack the paint??? IDK good luck id go to a body shop and have it done.

You have to score the paint with a razor blade on the lip that you want to roll so you don't crack the paint. To use the bat method you should use to guys. One to roll the car forward and the other to control the bat.

Cryptic
08-23-2005, 11:21 AM
thats a damn good idea, scoring the paint first