PDA

View Full Version : Found a G-wagon

Rocket Power
08-21-2005, 09:55 PM
I was heading out to Burlington to work for my company picnic and I saw a 80 Malibu wagon for sale. So I stopped I thought "Score! it has to be cheap , it's in the middle of nowhere (it's in Lyons a "suburb" of Burlington) So I get out of the car and then saw the price. :( It was like $2250-2500 don't remember exactly. The wagon seemed in decent shape but I didn't delve too far into it since it was outta my price range.
That maybe a decent price but I don't have it laying around so it may as well be $10,000 :goof

But I figured I'd put it up here in case anyone else is looking for one.

Memphis
08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Theres an 81 Malibu wagon in Oak Creek for $750. Looks pretty solid but I didnt get that close. No idea on motor size, etc. If anyones interested, I can get the number...

PB86MCSS
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Someday I will get one....but I'll just go south for one thats cheap and 100% clean, finding a clean(or solid even) one here usually means paying more than its worth even if its just a body w/o the motor :o.

Crawlin
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
If anyone sees a 4eyed one(i think that's '81-'83 right?) a wagon for sale, let me know!

if it is the dark blue with woodgrain paneling, i gotta get it! i want one like my parents had when i was really young, 'cept with the prostars/cage/nitrous bigblock of course :)

Rocket Power
08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah going down south would be ideal. I should have some extra scratch around Jan, and I could make a vacation out of it. :thumbsup

I did find the buick version on ebay for $100 but I didn't have the time to go to Ohio again after I just got back, and I woulda needed to find a truck and trailer/tow dolly since it was a roller.

Now if I could find a decent body with a clean title for a couple hundred that would be ideal since I have all the parts I need to complete one[/fantasyland] :thumbsup