PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone telemarketers

Yooformula
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
In case you didnt know, Sept.1st cell phone numbers will be released and open to telemarketers. Dont forget to register with the national dont phucking annoy me list, the list is effective for 5 years.

www.donotcall.gov

MoreTorque
08-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the link! :thumbsup

Whoever had this phone number before me, must have been on every list. Couple calls everyday for people that dont live here... :flipoff2:

HITMAN
08-20-2005, 12:52 AM
In case you didnt know, Sept.1st cell phone numbers will be released and open to telemarketers. Dont forget to register with the national dont phucking annoy me list, the list is effective for 5 years.

www.donotcall.gov

Thanks for the link, Yoosef. :thumbsup
It's bad enough that I have to deal with this crap on my local phone, but to have to deal with this BS on a phone that costs me a fortune each month? No farging way! :fire

Rocket Power
08-20-2005, 02:19 AM
My problem is apparently my cell number is close to some other dudes number, and I get drunk black chicks calling me every now and then on the weekend. Which wouldn't be bad but I am married and I don't know what they look like either :goof

"Hey baby, why don't you pick up the phone" :rolf

Syclone0044
08-20-2005, 02:51 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

You must register your cell phone with the national "Do Not Call" directory before 1 January 2005 to prevent your number from being provided to telemarketers: False....

There is a grain of truth in the message making it believable, but it's wrong on two counts: Not all cell phone numbers will be listed in the national directory planned for 2006. And telemarketers will not have access to the directory. It is illegal for marketers using auto-dialers — and most do — to call wireless phone numbers.

Here's the truth:

A national directory will be compiled, but numbers will be included on an opt-in basis. If a cell phone subscriber does nothing, the number will not be listed. When the directory is ready, it will be available only as part of the existing 411 directory service, accessed by calling in and asking for a specific number. It will not be published in a book or on the Internet. And it will not be sold to telemarketers.

Cell phone subscribers can list their numbers on the do-not-call registry if they choose, but there is no deadline to get on the list, as the e-mail messages now circulating suggest.

cheap80Z28
08-20-2005, 03:19 AM
i did all cell and landlines when I moved in march.

steve

GTSLOW
08-20-2005, 06:08 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

So I take it there's no real worry then?

dres
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
my mom got a telemarketer call on her cell phone. she was piss. was a while ago.

Silver03SRT
08-21-2005, 07:46 PM
I like messing with them. I try to sell stuff to them.

STEALTHZR2
08-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I had one call me last month. The telemarketer just came right on the phone and said I have some great news I have to tell you Today. I asked the guy ...How would u like it if I called you in the middle of the night **** HEAD? He said i'm sorry SR. ? I said it's middle of night where I am and I'm to get some sleep. F-OFF. Then I hung up.

Telemarker companies :flipoff2: