PDA

View Full Version : FS excellent beater

theavenger333
08-19-2005, 02:06 AM
its about that time, this was gonna be the car i was gonna pick up but i caught scent of something different. posting for a good friend, car is in madison.
1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe
A20A3 12-valve SOHC PGM-FI engine, 4-speed Automatic transmission
210,000 miles
Power Windows, manual locks
Cooper Cobra GT Radial tires put on almost 2 year ago, ~5000 miles on them. Engine Coolant flush last semester. Automatic Transmission fluid flushed and changed with Honda ATF. Regular oil changes and oil filter at 4000 mile intervals. Outer tie rod ends and Upper ball joints done in 2002. New oil pan gasket. New crankcase gasket. New heater hose. NGK Spark plugs and wires changed last year. 2 new injectors, have two more here, will replace. New main relay last summer, newer starter, drivers side strut and spring replaced with KYB GR-2 strut and stock spring and have the strut and spring for passenger side, New Brake pads, can install new rotors if buyer would like, Pioneer DEH-1500 CD Deck along with two Pioneer 6.5" speakers in front and two Pioneer 6x9 speakers in back, Weapon-R Air intake with new filter, new combonation switch(windshield wiper switch common problem with these going bad)
Extra Parts - Oil Pan gasket, Power window motor, power window controller, stock bumper lenses (one cracked), KYB GR-2 Strut, Stock spring, McGuard wheel locks, Custom downpipe and flex pipe piece from Borla, Honda hardware to replace said downpipe, Two Serpentine Belts.

Problems- Downpipe piece should be replaced, old flex pipe was ripped by rake sitting in the middle of the highway, steel tailpipe clamped in it's place. Welds that held the aftermarket muffler on exhaust pipe gave out, so muffler-less right now, Muffler in trunk. Rust in wheel wells, typical of a honda. Driver's side window jumped the track, haven't had much time to fiddle with it. A/C does not work, did not have a chance to look it over while in A/C lab. Interior is not the cleanest, oil stains on floor carpet before I owned car, have set of blue floor mats I used for a while if buyer wants.

alrighty, this guy Damien goes to MadisonATC, this car has been his and the shops test ***** for doing all this stuff in the mechanic program. car is in excellent running shape. i drove it for a week or so, GREAT mileage 20+ in the city. 750 obo. let me know.

theavenger333
08-20-2005, 02:52 AM
am i missing something that nobody even has a nibble on this thing?

theavenger333
08-24-2005, 11:09 AM
bump

tenchu
08-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Where you located? When would you be (if at all?) availible for a test drive?

theavenger333
09-01-2005, 12:49 PM
its about that time, this was gonna be the car i was gonna pick up but i caught scent of something different. posting for a good friend, car is in madison....

theavenger333
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
still for sale, a few people have PMed me for his number and such, but Damien has gotten no calls. he will meet halfway to look at the car..

Slow Joe
09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
LOL, I'm gunna talk to my roommate... his POS S-10 might just be on it's way out and he got rid of the Prelude... so he's gunna need a car... And this seems right up his alley... Too bad I sold the neon hey??? How's that thing treatin ya? I still didn't find those screws... :fire I have no clue where the hell they went! Anyways... I'll get back to ya... This thing will make it through winter, right?? (and no I'm not looking for a warranty... or a guarantee... just an opinion...) lol

PB86MCSS
09-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Very tempting, scared by the cost of parts if something goes wrong with the car(my parents 89' Accord alternator replacements are A: a major PITA to do and B: pricey!). But I am used to the car and it makes for a good winter beater. Price is also nice.....but its a tad bit too soon for the purchase of a beater :(. If its around in a few weeks though....

theavenger333
09-09-2005, 01:24 AM
dunno how long its been since you did those repairs, but honda parts are by far some of the cheapest out there now. i threw the add up asap, i figured the sooner we get to winter, it will get bought. like i said, I WAS GOING TO BUY THE CAR FOR MY BEATER. therefore i don't think its going to die. my accord ran for over 190k without incident that wasn't my fault. Joe, the neon's good, been replacin a few things. btw, this is the guy's number, his name is Damien. 608-695-6767

theavenger333
09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
bump....... we're gettin closer to beater time

chargedformula
09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
i bought it

theavenger333
09-28-2005, 02:37 PM
pardon?

theavenger333
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
confirmed, SOLD