PDA

View Full Version : Black Camaro SS LS1 in meno. falls

T-Bag
08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I was driving home from work, and spotted a black SS that had a mild cam in it. It had black rims with red calipers, t-top car if I remember right. Near the corner of silver spring and pilgrim rd. Anyone know this guy?

A B4C Z
08-17-2005, 06:50 PM
possibly the ultra z hood? I know the black one with the 427 had black rims

T-Bag
08-18-2005, 05:19 PM
possibly the ultra z hood? I know the black one with the 427 had black rims

I don't really know what the ultra z hood looks like, but it did have some sort of hood scoop setup other than the stock one.

GrimreaperSS
09-05-2005, 08:40 PM
That guy would be me. I live at one end of silver spring and work at the other. Probably saw me going through there about 5:30. Just bought the car 2 months ago. You may have seen it before down at hwy though. The last guy to own it lived in Oak Creek and would visit hwy. I still have yet to go there. Only other camaro I see in the meno falls area is a silver ss 98-02. Guy has an abortion sticker on rear bumper, and drives it through out winter with some skinny snows on it. I just really want to pull him over and smack him. 1 for driving in winter and 2 for putting a bumper sticker on the car. By the way, my name is Ben.

Syclone0044
09-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Did you get a chance to run the car at the dragstrip?

Crawlin
09-06-2005, 03:29 PM
ok seriously, with the WHOLE different screenname thing i did in the past with my car, and using the name "BEN" (only because of my hat having the name Ben Sherman on it, haha) but hopefully you guys realize that THIS is definitely not me, haha.

Cool car though!

GrimreaperSS
09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry, Havent had the chance to run it yet. Have given quite a few rides to friends, found that it doesnt slow down fast enough. I can smell the brakes cooking coming down from 130+. You might say, "likely excuse", for not running it. I would rather be safe than sorry. Want to upgrade with Wilwood 6 pistons first. This is basically the car I want, An actual new ZL1 would be right on, but who has the money for that. I would mind a Nickey Camaro either. Saw one at the Car Craft Nationals this year. It was a 35th Anniversary with older torque thrust D style wheels, 427 Twin Turbo. He put down 1,010 rwhp on the dyno that day, but says hes put down 1060 at his shop. The car was a one of three at the time, but is soon to be a one of twenty five for the cool price of 125K. My car hauls ***, I couldnt imagine having twice the power to the wheels! I dont remember how much boost he was running, but it wasnt a ton. I just like the thought that I could still TT mine for a lot cheaper than that car. Wish I could get you pics, but dont have a way to get standard photos on here.
Anyways.... Thanks for the compliments. I know some of you have seen this car before. Yes, A B4C Z, it is the 427 car you know of. Black C5 wheels (which the last owner told me were going to be black Z06 wheels before either him or I knew he was going to sell it), I am currently searching for different wheels. T-tops and a Ultra Z hood. By the way, anyone know somebody on here who might be willing to discuss a trade for a stock SS hood? The last owner sold the original that was givin to him when he bought the car, DAMN!.
By the way, only been on BCW for a week, Dont get the whole Ben thing. Sorry I caused a problem for you CrawlinZ.

Crawlin
09-06-2005, 07:52 PM
No man, don't worry, no one caused a problem.

It was just a running joke that I had sold my engine in my '99 Z to a guy named ben from north of milwaukee, so all of a sudden you pop on i didn't want people thinking it was just me again with a different screenname.

like i said, cool car for sure!!! got me by just a bit on hp and cubic inches though!

A B4C Z
09-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I have Stock Z06 rims off a 03 z06. They look awsome on a black car...could always get them powder coated too.

Kyle

A B4C Z
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
I have Stock Z06 rims off a 03 z06. They look awsome on a black car...could always get them powder coated too.

Kyle

ScottyB14
09-07-2005, 01:09 AM
I work at a motorcycle shop and a buddy of yours comes in all the time and he told me about my car cause he saw what i drove and he said that you wanted to get rid of the exhuast thats on their. I would really reconsider. i knew the guy that owned it and drooled everytime he started it up. granted it is loud but you have a 500hp 427, and a $1100 exhaust system. i just think that the car sounded gorgeous. It sounded like a stock car when he started it up in his garage. I think i cared more about it then dave did when he got rid of it. But TT that thing would be insane. Let me know what happens with that, but otherwise awesome car.

GrimreaperSS
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Seeing where you wok, now I know who came and saw you. Anyways, you thought it was loud before, you should here it straight pipe. Whole lot o Nascar goin on there. Speaking of this, How does everyone here rate power?
Cause my car is 600 flywheel and 510 rwhp, but after I tell people what it is, every time I hear them explain to someone its, its always a 500 hp car? What ever floats your boat i guess.
A B4C Z, What color are those wheels? Grey, Silver Or Chrome? If they're grey, I may be interested, Also what size? 17 or 18?

A B4C Z
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
That nice dark grey color theres a picture of them on my car in the "garage" section on this site. There statored 17s up front 18s out back looks bad ass.