PDA

View Full Version : Z2830th97 is no more.....

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Call me dumb, call me stupid.... Was driving on 43 north going about 45mph (had a hint of spinning before so was cruisin indefinitely), lost control, hit the guard rail and totaled my ride...... The title was already a rebuilt salvage.... so much for that:crying. I know, and believe me I know, it was because I had my Nitto Drags on, driving in the rain... My fault yes, but nonetheless say goodbye to the Z. Anyone need parts let me know, just the front end and rear end are totaled really... I was able to drive it to my sis's house, so its parked. It will be missed....:(

Nix
08-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Sadly enough I know how you feel, a few years back I was on my way to work in the morning and I was crusin down 164 in my 94' Z and it was pouring out, the rearend kicked out to the left and went down 2 lanes of traffic sideways then straightned out facing the wrong way, hopped the curb and smashed the rear drivers side in to a concret retaining wall, lost the entire rear and then some. Also my cousin around the same time in his 96' TA was getting on a on ramp and the rearend kicked out and totalled his aginst a guard rail, the entire car was sold for less than 3,000 after that. Sorry man and atleast your ok, good luck to ya! :thumbsup

GTSLOW
08-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Call me dumb, call me stupid.... Was driving on 43 north going about 45mph (had a hint of spinning before so was cruisin indefinitely), lost control, hit the guard rail and totaled my ride...... The title was already a rebuilt salvage.... so much for that:crying. I know, and believe me I know, it was because I had my Nitto Drags on, driving in the rain... My fault yes, but nonetheless say goodbye to the Z. Anyone need parts let me know, just the front end and rear end are totaled really... I was able to drive it to my sis's house, so its parked and ready for partin. It will be missed....:(

Sucks to hear the bad news!

So what's next?

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Might sell it outright, maybe for $4000. Motor/Tranny are salvagable, doors are ok, brand new spec stage 3 clutch, new hooker comp headers, wheels survived it all, someone with mechanical knowledge could probably piece her back together, mostly front end (the worse kind right) and rear end damage. Took pics this mornin, heres a few. Check out my Cardomain for all the pics and detailed run down...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819844/1

Teufelhunden
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
That sucks! Sorry for your loss. :wooo :crying

Yooformula
08-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok. I had BFGs once when driving home from downtown when I tried to switch lanes around 35 mph, I ended up doing a 360 in the middle of the marquette interchange during rush hour. The combination of light rain and an oily residue almost killed me, I made it across 4 lanes without a scratch, pulled over and puked. Thats the last time I drive in the rain with BFGs. :eek:

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm just glad to see other people have had experiences.... It just happened out of nowhere! Scared the crap out of me... Lesson learned alright...

Mssplayboybunie
08-12-2005, 12:18 PM
scary stuff

Al
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
That is the same way my Prelude met its fate. If the appraisal was done better, the car would have been totaled, but they goofed so it was repaired.

Stuff happens. I didn't like it for myself.

Stay on the lighter side of this situation; what are you buying next?

97z2801ss
08-12-2005, 12:57 PM
that sucks brother

lotsals1
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
that car would not be hard to fix at all

T-Bag
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Man that sucks...it's weird that I just saw the thing 2 days ago and now it's gone.

At least it won it's last race :thumbsup

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Man that sucks...it's weird that I just saw the thing 2 days ago and now it's gone.

At least it won it's last race :thumbsup
And I wasn't even drivin:thumbsup

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Explain, what could be done with that pushed in front end?

Nix
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM

Agreed, like I said before when mine was smashed up just the rearend one of my buddies that owns a shop in Mukwonago fixed mine also has to have the frame stretched and straightned cause there was a kink, but he had it all done with junkyard parts and actually used all Dupont products cuase I wanted it to look as good as it did before. All in all with parts labor and frame being done he charged me a few bucks shy of 1,900 to get it back to new. I can give you the info for the shop if you would like, it would be a shame to see that car go to the dumpster if it dosent have to.

GHOSST
08-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Sure, let me know somethin. I know the fenders and front clip, and rear bumper cover can be replaced, and I wanted a new SS style hood, but that rear quater panel and front end are what scares me off of even trying.. But sure, I'll be glad to see what's offered.

Al
08-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Explain, what could be done with that pushed in front end?

Tube frame from the firewall forward?

TransAm12sec
08-12-2005, 11:07 PM
What kind of tranny?

92lxcoupe
08-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Were the tires bald? Nittos are usually pretty decent in the rain. Sucks, though. Good luck!

GHOSST
08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Bald... kinda yes, never had that problem in the rain before when I first got them... guess it was only a matter of time (and many burnouts before) until the rain hit.... Reliable sources say the car can be saved... so I'm really looking into it.....

SlowStee
08-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear this jimmy :(

If you end up parting out the car let me know