PDA

View Full Version : car keyed

Yamahachick02
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
My car was keyed last Friday night. I know there was someone on here who paints cars but can't remember who. I would post some pics but don't know how. Will be sending chris some pics to put on here for me. It is on the pass side right above the front wheel and right behind the wheel well to the middle of the pass door. It is all the way down to the metal. It comes out to be about 5 feet of scratches on the car. If anyone knows of someone or a place that paints cars for a decent price that does a good job let me know.

Yooformula
08-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Is insurance covering this? Tim paints locally and Keith has a shop down in Hartland that repainted my car after it got keyed.

MoreTorque
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Keith in Hartland? seemed like a really nice guy when I went there for an estimate (sold the car before I had any work done).

It is really easy to get to.

Yamahachick02
08-11-2005, 09:55 PM
no I don't even want my insurance to find out about it. I pay enough as it is and they still havent found out about my 3 pt ticket. Chris told me to talk to keith i think?

Crawlin
08-12-2005, 08:01 AM
yep, talk to keith...

Cryptic
08-12-2005, 10:33 AM
god damn people suck

Korndogg
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah sorry to hear about that.

stupid people.....

Yooformula
08-12-2005, 11:20 AM
It isnt a collision claim therefore your rates wont go up. The car was parked so it should be covered under comprehensive insurance. My rates never went up even after my big claim.

Crawlin
08-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, my first insurance company told me and my parents that even though my car was parked when it was hit, that it was still a collision claim because a car collided with my vehicle. ******* bullshit as usual for insurance companies.

lotsals1
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Right now i dont have a place to do it or i would help ya out--Me and my shop partner dont get along --i'll see if my buddy will let me use his shop .
Keith does good work thow as well on here and a few others

Yooformula
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, my first insurance company told me and my parents that even though my car was parked when it was hit, that it was still a collision claim because a car collided with my vehicle. ******* bullshit as usual for insurance companies.

That involved 2 vehicles though.

Crawlin
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
That's the part that is shitty. Whether it's hit by a roof falling on it or another idiot driver not paying attention, my car was parked. Why should i be charged more and have rates go up JUST because it was another idiot driver who took off (it happened at a mall).

Brian98GTP
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Kristin...

Any idea on the scumbags who might have done it?? :mad: :chair:

Crawlin
08-12-2005, 03:34 PM
She has an idea.... and BOY O BOY do i feel bad for that person!!!!

Yamahachick02
08-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I have a idea but don't want to blame untill I get a lead or get the look that really gets me fired up. She better just hope I don't see her for like a year or so untill I cool down.

Thanks Chris

USMARINE1108
08-12-2005, 06:35 PM
It says in your profile that you work at Holz? I know someone that used to work in the body shop there, and she said they do pretty good work there. She's my "go to girl" for advise on the body of my car. Maybe you could get a discount there?

y2kws6
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Sounds like my SIS will be opening........

Korndogg
08-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Damn OC kids...nothin but trouble

Yamahachick02
08-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I got an estimate from holz for $450, but i am going to go out and get some more. I don't think any other dealer will beat that price.

Nix
08-14-2005, 12:20 PM
See now just a scratch is bad, but when you have someone do it like that, just seeing those pictures made me mad, it seriously pisses me off when people have a problem with another person and then they go and Muck up their car and cant confront them face to face. Thats just total bullsh!t. Stupid pu$$ies. :flipoff2: I hope you catch the jagbag who did it and beat their face in.

1fastsol
08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
also platinum motors on state street and hy41 here is there #475-6388. it by miller park. they do good work! ask for regal.

Yamahachick02
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
thanks I have to go either Fridays after 3:30 or on Saturdays after noon because I work every other day from 6 am to 8 pm. So I will have to wait till next weekend to go.

deciuss
08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
ya when that stuff happends it sucks so bad, still not as bad as last semester when kids put over 50 scraches on my trunk then a bunch on my roof and walked all over my car denting my roof ect.

kenseth17
08-14-2005, 11:55 PM
I would claim it on insurance if you can. Then just take it to a place that you know does the best work and don't worry about price. You only need to get one estimate for insurance and can take it to the shop of your choice. Insurance may try to steer you to a shop that is in their drp program to save themselfs money and not tell you what the law is, but you can have it fixed wherever you want.

SSmike1
08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Kristin,

WHY? do people do stuff like that! :confused

i would be extreemly mad too! :fire

Where was it parked, when that happened?

On the joking side,
just buy one of those magic scratch removers from off the TV show commercials!
give it a Rub! and poof :goof scratch is gone!
I saw it on TV!!!!!!!
:)

gman7711
08-15-2005, 02:35 PM
I realy don't get that $h!t. If someones got a problem with me, take it out on me, not my property!!

Yamahachick02
08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
No point to claim it on insurance. My deductible is $500 the estimate was $450.
My car was at my friends house in Franklin from like 9pm-2am. We went out riding on his bike two fridays ago, I wiped my car down before I got to his house so I know the scratches weren't there before and I found the scratches on Saturday. I only went to work on Saturday and I park in the back of the employee lot at Holz. After work went home and car was back in the garage. I found the scratches later that night.

SSmike1
08-16-2005, 12:26 PM
No point to claim it on insurance. My deductible is $500 the estimate was $450.
My car was at my friends house in Franklin from like 9pm-2am. We went out riding on his bike two fridays ago, I wiped my car down before I got to his house so I know the scratches weren't there before and I found the scratches on Saturday. I only went to work on Saturday and I park in the back of the employee lot at Holz. After work went home and car was back in the garage. I found the scratches later that night.
so
someone keyed it while parked on the street in Franklin.
its possible some stupid kids did that
walking around at night.
It just happeded to my brother,
parked his truck by my house, for 2 hours one evening, 2 weeks ago,
came out and it was keyed worst than yours!
:fire

GRNDNL
08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Kristin...$450 sounds cheap to me.....just looking at the pictures, shop quailty not price.

I'll do what ever I can to help, give me a call if you need anything or even if you just need some advise....262-367-8000

GRNDNL
08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh Ya...when you figure out who did it let us know....just oiled up my chain saw, we'll make sure it will NEVER happen again.......... :wooo

Yamahachick02
08-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I found out who did it. My friends ex-girlfriend did it friday night. I found out she was drunk and told one of her friends that she did it. Now I just have to get her to pay for it. I haven't figured out how I can get her to pay for it because as of right now it is just word of mouth. I am going to talk to some franklin police tonight, will see what they say.

SSmike1
08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Good Luck!
that really STINKS
drunk or not! its Totally A$sinine!!!!!!! :chair:

kenseth17
08-23-2005, 08:02 PM
I would be willing to bet that a good majority of cars that are keyed are either done by women or troubled kids. When I was working at a shop, one of my friends (coworker) hung around with a girl and he also had a real jealous girlfriend, actually she was pretty much crazy. Nothing was going on between the two, but she must of had it in her mind that there was. The chicks car got paint stripper dumped all over it, and we all pretty much knew who did it.

97z2801ss
08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh Ya...when you figure out who did it let us know....just oiled up my chain saw, we'll make sure it will NEVER happen again.......... :wooo

old grove bog behind ur shop?