PDA

View Full Version : Good gas on 43?

animal
08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I gotta go to the packer game but I figured I might as well wait longer and stop for some good gas. I rarely ever go up 43 so I have no idea, but where does the good (non-reformulated)gas start? I know on 45 it's dodge county but I have no idea for 43... do i wait til sheboygan to get gas? Thanks

DirtyMax
08-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah, you have to wait til at least Sheboygan County.

FYI.. there's a Shell station about 10 miles South of GB that seems to always be the cheapest on the way up there. I wanna say it's between mile markers 170 and 180 or very close thereabouts. It'll be on the right hand side of the freeway. You should see the signs.

I go up there seemingly once a week and for some unexplicable reason, my truck gets better mileage (significantly) with the reform gas down here then it does with the "good" stuff up there... :confused

Cryptic
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Nearest one southbound is Shell on HWY 20 in East Troy.

Pretty much the only place I fill up at. I got killed yesterday for 2.76 /gal for 93

39 bucks OUCH :crying

animal
08-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Nearest one southbound is Shell on HWY 20 in East Troy.

Pretty much the only place I fill up at. I got killed yesterday for 2.76 /gal for 93

39 bucks OUCH :crying

Well that's great but I don't want to go the south route to get to green bay :) That's a long trip.

Syclone0044
08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey animal do you track your gas mileage? I'd be curious to hear if you get better mileage with the pure gas vs. 10% ethanol. My cars have always gotten 1-2mpg worse on the reforumlated, which comes as no surprise given the fact that alcohol takes twice as much burned to make the same energy (BTU's) as gasoline.