PDA

View Full Version : a-hole New Berlin cop

PB86MCSS
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Last night I was dropping my friend off at his apartment off Moorland Road, Pinewood Creek apartments just south of Cleveland after a doubleheader in softball, some bar time and then Genesis for food. I pulled in and dropped my friend off all while seeing a NB PD car follow me a little after I pulled in, I drop my friend off and promptly get pulled over. According to the officer there have been break-ins at this apartment complex so they were checking things out, fair enough I can understand that they are checking things out and pulling people over. Its 1AM on a weeknight, I can see it being odd that someone is driving around there at that time as well. I'm always courteous with officers(my dad was a cop, have buddies who are as well) and give him my license after he explains why he pulled me over. He then asks a few questions of why I made a turn around in one spot(made a wrong turn when entering, only have been to my friends once since he moved in a month ago). Then asks why I dropped someone off(duh he lives there).

When he comes back its also with another officer in a car who is outside of my passenger side window watching over us. He asks my friends name while writing it down(its not a name that you can spell without asking, which he doesn't), what apartment number it is(I have no idea off-hand) and then *lets me go*.

Then right after giving my license back he makes a comment *so we won't have any break-ins tonight?* Now it may not be the worst thing I've ever heard but I found it to be a suprising jack-ass comment from an officer, he apparently thinks I'm the theif and he busted me but I got lucky or something. I didn't ask for his name but wish I would of. If I wouldn't of been suprised by that comment I probably would of lipped off a little bit saying, nah I have to get up early for some bank robberies tommorow or that I didn't see anything I wanted tonight but I'll come back tommorow. :rolleyes: :chair:

Apparently since I looked like white trash in my softball clothes(beat up hat, cut off sleeve shirt) and I drive a 87' Monte I must be a thug. :flipoff2:

Just needed to vent, this makes only the 2nd time an officer has been a jack-ass to me.

awsomeears
08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
You should have said " well after I finish my 6-pack wich is next to me then ill think about breaking into houses and cars "

carkid0101
08-10-2005, 11:53 PM
u should call the police station and ask who pulled over a monte around 1 that day. Get his name, then complain

MoreTorque
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
I am glad that I don't live in or near New Berlin anymore. I had to go down National every night to get home from my girlfriends house and a cop would end up following me when I had my Z28 like I was just rolling through to cause trouble. I would need about 7 hands to count how many times I was followed until I pulled in my parents driveway.

Everything in the city of New Berlin is fubar.

Anakonda69
08-11-2005, 12:10 AM
i get followed repeatedly....i have lived out here now for 5 months or so and it never fails.....i live off of racine and lawnsdale (just off national).....i got followed from national to my driveway and then the cop drove by slowly then turned around to make sure i stayed in it. he had to have run my plates so he knew i did live where i pulled in. just try to avoid them if possible. kinda sucks but i'll deal with it.

deciuss
08-11-2005, 12:22 AM
i used to get followed all the time the summer before i went to college at night. i would go to the same friends house every night, sure its 2am when i went home normaly but come on no need to do this for 2 months almost 60% of the time.

i also have been tailgated by them oviously to make me get nervus and speed up.

if its one thing that i have learned when in NB drive the speedlimit and dont break any trafic laws.

97z2801ss
08-11-2005, 01:15 AM
NB cops are crooked... My buddie lived there... definitly have storys

GTSLOW
08-11-2005, 04:51 AM
u should call the police station and ask who pulled over a monte around 1 that day. Get his name, then complain

Werd

Hey you playin BF2 yet? I've had it for a week and I'm HOOKED!

Cryptic
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I never had trouble with NB police. I've been driving for 11 years now. Not a single ticket. Never hassle me for tint. Pulled me over for rolling through a stops sign a bit fast and let me off with a warning.

I always had the opinion that NB cops were pretty cool in my book. I agree that the comment the officer made was way out of line.

STEALTHZR2
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I also dis-like NEW BERLIN cops. I live in New Berlin and they pull anyone over at anytime of day. I've seen a grandma pulled over with 3 cop cars at 7 at night on National Ave. once. New Berlin cops have night to do sometimes.
The cops around here are getting to be like west allis. But surprisingly they have not pulled me over for my loud pipes on my Silverado.

STEALTHZR2
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
i also have been tailgated by them oviously to make me get nervus and speed up.

They have also done that do me before.

tsibred
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Best thing about New Berlin cops is they like fast cars. They like them so much infact one of the officers decided to take it on I-43 and see when it would top out. After getting pulled over by a State Trooper and having no where to be at while going 115+ He was kicked off the force.

God Damn Street Racers.

V3rtigo
08-11-2005, 12:57 PM
i live in new berlin and i haven't had any real problems with the police, but then on the other hand i live half a block off of 124th so i don't do much driving in NB

carkid0101
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Werd

Hey you playin BF2 yet? I've had it for a week and I'm HOOKED!

hellz yea, i had it since it came out

Lash
08-11-2005, 03:13 PM
What did he look like? I know a N.B. cop...or 2.

When I lived in N.B. I only got pulled over 1 time...when I was 16 for a broken taillight. Gave me a warning/fix it ticket and sent me on my way.

PB86MCSS
08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Dark hair, no facial hair or anything. Ask if they pulled over a silver 87' Monte at Pinewood Creek Tuesday night and tell him he let go the theif they were after, since thats apparently what he thought I was :goof :chair: .

I'm from Muskego, so I'm familiar with officers following people home waiting for them to make mistakes or whatever, happened to me once and I know of others who it happened to. Nothing really goes on as far as crime which is great, but sometimes some officers seem to get bored and pull people over for anything.

Nothing against officers, just the handful of jack-asses.

GTSLOW
08-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Nothing against officers, just the handful of jack-asses.

I totaly agree! Some officers will pull ya over and be totaly cool. Just tell ya what ya did wrong with a smile give ya verbal warning and send you on your way. :thumbsup

Then others act like they are god! :gay

danwaite
08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Cops here suck. I've been pulled over a few times, once for like 1 1/2 hours for having illigal lights on the car. Another time for doing 34 in a 25, sat there for an hour and argued with the cop telling him I could have my bro and a friend in my car at the same time. This was back when I had my probationary license with restrictions. The cop was wrong and I went to court and the D.A. dropped it instantly and said the cop was full of S*it. I lived in New berlin my whole life and cops have nothing else better to do than follow any car that seems the least bit fast. I got pulled over for doing burnouts in webs parking lot at like 12 at night and the cops like this is a preaty fast car huh (my 305 5 spd. firebird), i'm like kinda :rolf . It wasn't that fast, I just can't wait for the cops to meet my Mustang :fire

Holeshot
08-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Last night I was dropping my friend off at his apartment off Moorland Road, Pinewood Creek apartments just south of Cleveland after a doubleheader in softball, some bar time and then Genesis for food. I pulled in and dropped my friend off all while seeing a NB PD car follow me a little after I pulled in, I drop my friend off and promptly get pulled over. According to the officer there have been break-ins at this apartment complex so they were checking things out, fair enough I can understand that they are checking things out and pulling people over. Its 1AM on a weeknight, I can see it being odd that someone is driving around there at that time as well. I'm always courteous with officers(my dad was a cop, have buddies who are as well) and give him my license after he explains why he pulled me over. He then asks a few questions of why I made a turn around in one spot(made a wrong turn when entering, only have been to my friends once since he moved in a month ago). Then asks why I dropped someone off(duh he lives there).
When he comes back its also with another officer in a car who is outside of my passenger side window watching over us. He asks my friends name while writing it down(its not a name that you can spell without asking, which he doesn't), what apartment number it is(I have no idea off-hand) and then *lets me go*.

Then right after giving my license back he makes a comment *so we won't have any break-ins tonight?* Now it may not be the worst thing I've ever heard but I found it to be a surprising jack-ass comment from an officer, he apparently thinks I'm the theif and he busted me but I got lucky or something. I didn't ask for his name but wish I would of. If I wouldn't of been suprised by that comment I probably would of lipped off a little bit saying, nah I have to get up early for some bank robberies tommorow or that I didn't see anything I wanted tonight but I'll come back tommorow. :rolleyes: :chair:

Apparently since I looked like white trash in my softball clothes(beat up hat, cut off sleeve shirt) and I drive a 87' Monte I must be a thug. :flipoff2:

Just needed to vent, this makes only the 2nd time an officer has been a jack-ass to me.
I get the same **** in Franklin when I drive my 89 Le Sabre. I live here for Christ sake . Racial profiling :flipoff2:

Rollin01MonteLS
08-12-2005, 11:16 PM
ive never really had a problem with the NBPD. But it was 3rd shift so he was probably bored and just decided to mess with you. It happens to everyone.

VroomPshhTsi
08-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I've never personally had a bad experience with a NB cop (lived here almost my whole life). Yeah, it's New Berlin so they do follow you around anytime after midnight and it can get on my nerves if I'm in a bad mood but I'm sure people in NB are use to it.

But hey, if you ever get pulled over, just ask the officer "Were you the New Berlin officer that got caught (placed on administrative leave or something like that) trying to pick up a hooker on 27th street? Or was that your friend?" :rolf

Al
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Some cops know that if they follow someone closely behind, and that person is doing something that they should not be doing, the individual might do something VERY stupid.

A good example is when they follow a drunk; combine nervousness with impared senses and the driver will go all over the road. Dead givaway.

PB86MCSS
08-15-2005, 11:39 PM
ive never really had a problem with the NBPD. But it was 3rd shift so he was probably bored and just decided to mess with you. It happens to everyone.

That makes someone an a-hole, IMO. As far as I can tell it hasn't happened to anyone I've told it to either. Oh well, part of me almost hopes they still have break ins to make the officer think he was wrong in his thinking. But having my cars broken into a handful of times, I wouldn't wish that on any decent person.