PDA

View Full Version : Auto-newbie ignore

animal
08-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I need a button that automatically sets my view to ignore all people with less than 100 posts and/or 1 year on the board. A probationary period, if you will, to be able to talk to me. :D

Doable?

Syclone0044
08-05-2005, 06:58 PM
The existing Ignore feature works pretty good. I just look for the people who never ever have anything original or interesting to say except 100% "me too" or "yeah yeah haha haha lol rofl" comments and toss 'em on the ol' Ignore List and never look back.. :shades

Crawlin
08-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Animal....as the first person to respond to your post.... I agree ;)

Just kidding Josh

animal
08-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I just see

"This message is hidden because Syclone0044 is on your ignore list. "

So yeah you are the first one.

J/k josh. :goof

Syclone0044
08-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Wiseasses....... :goof

animal
08-06-2005, 04:11 PM
The existing Ignore feature works pretty good. I just look for the people who never ever have anything original or interesting to say except 100% "me too" or "yeah yeah haha haha lol rofl" comments and toss 'em on the ol' Ignore List and never look back.. :shades

Yeah but I don't want to add every new neon driver or moron that comes in here to the list manually and then take them off. There should be a feature put in place just for me, and then upon fufilling the criteria, they all of a sudden appear with 100 posts and a year of seniority :)

GRNDNL
08-06-2005, 04:36 PM
This message is hidden because GRNDNL is on your ignore list.

GTSLOW
08-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Wiseasses....... :goof

:rolf

I myself havent used the ignore feature yet. Chris is getting pretty bad these days so we'll see! :gay

animal
08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
So how doable is this andy? It's seriously something I would like.

Cryptic
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
sure it's doable... but do I feel like writing the PHP only to have it broken the next time VBB puts out an upgrade

Which by the way I am behind now a version release or two.

We're on 3.06 and 3.08 is available.
3.5 is in beta, which is supposed to be radically different.

I just havent had the time lately to develop BCM more. :crying

animal
09-03-2005, 02:17 AM
:( that's too bad.

animal
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Ok, how doable is a button on each user's post to automatically add them to the ignore list? It's such a pain in the ass to copy and paste multiple people into the ignore list.

jbiscuit
09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
LOLOLOLOL!!!! WTF A NEWBIE BAN FEATURE WOULD ROFL ROCK! MY NEON IS THE FASTEST ROFL ON THE PLANET. LOL

Now to quote deciuss: "I is smert."

animal
09-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh and while you're at it... anyone with <100 posts should automatically have their IP published for everyone to see. Once they trip the 100 post mark, then it's hidden.

Cryptic
09-15-2005, 11:02 PM
I enabled a feature that is built in already.

"REPUTATION" right now everyone is at the base level

with 1 green dot http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

click the scales and give or take your approval http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif

this may be usefull... maybe it wont :yawn:

animal
09-15-2005, 11:29 PM
What I really would like though is a feature that will automatically ignore new users of the board. I generally don't care what they have to say :)

The rating thing is fine but it still means I need to manually add them to the ignore list.

Yooformula
09-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh and while you're at it... anyone with <100 posts should automatically have their IP published for everyone to see. Once they trip the 100 post mark, then it's hidden.

I tried to make that happen but I couldnt find anything like that, maybe Andy might know.

animal
09-16-2005, 07:00 AM
I'ts gotta be doable, but probably some major php editing involved. I'm just keeping you guys full of suggestions in my effort to rid myself of NOOB comments on here.

Syclone0044
09-16-2005, 11:50 AM
The newbie comments are pretty easy to avoid, just avoid the stupid threads where all the newbies file in to bicker with everyone. I've only got 2 or 3 people on my Ignore List and they are all long time posters who either have nothing to do with "Muscle" cars, or continue to make posts that heinously violate Rule #2 of another forum's FAQ (http://thefriendsociety.com/forum/faq.php) (read that whole FAQ animal, you'll really enjoy it. I haven't figured out what the site is, but it came up when I searched for vBulletin Reputation info.)

I also liked this part from their FAQ Link:

We can also get a general idea of the quality of our subject's character from this first post. Note the improper use of capitalization, grammar, and punctuation; these are hallmarks of an undesireable individual in an online community. :D :wstupid

animal
09-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Avoiding is nice, but I'd still rather have a nice long thread withonly the pople I want to associate with, able to be seen. :) this quick-add button would help.