PDA

View Full Version : Cobra vs Lamborghini Gallardo

Prince Valiant
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
camera in the 496whp Cobra...results are pretty conclusive.

http://cometvr4.freeyellow.com/cobravsg.wmv

Enjoy, and discuss :thumbsup

animal
08-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Was there any doubt?

Kept up better than I thought he would've. :burnout

Teufelhunden
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
FAKE :goof

Prince Valiant
08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Was there any doubt? Well, I would have lost 200 bucks on that race if I had been in on the action :eek:

Cryptic
08-01-2005, 09:50 PM
just exhuast huh.. holy sh!t that lambo pulled :stare

jbiscuit
08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
:shades :shades

hrsp
08-01-2005, 10:22 PM
holy fukk thatr thing moved.... :wow

Syclone0044
08-02-2005, 12:39 PM
HTTP 404 - File not found :puppyeyes

Teufelhunden
08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
HTTP 404 - File not found :puppyeyesYou didn't miss much Josh...the Gallardo put a bunch of car lengths on the Cobra. Sorta like lil evo putting car lengths on Crawlin (see private forum). :goof ;) :D

animal
08-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I guess I was a tad bit disappointed in the lamborghini. It pulled away, but I didn't feel that it pulled away as fast as a $200k+ car should from a mid 30k car on a high speed highway rollon. It SHOULD'VE looked like that video with the red lingenfelter pulling away from that honda or whatever the hell rice car it was years back.

So either it was a disappointment for the lamborghini or a surprise from the cobra that the race was as mild as it was.

Syclone0044
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Ok, now I dont feel so bad about missing it.

You have to remember that the price of the car doesn't really correlate to the dragstrip horsepower.. Especially in the exotics. I think a lot of the money is going to the road racing features like suspension, brakes, exotic lightweight materials used in construction etc. IMO, the exotics are a poor value in anyone's book, when you drop that kind of money it's to make a status statement and/or to have something that nobody else has, or to buy it "because you can".

animal
08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Ok, now I dont feel so bad about missing it.

You have to remember that the price of the car doesn't really correlate to the dragstrip horsepower.. Especially in the exotics. I think a lot of the money is going to the road racing features like suspension, brakes, exotic lightweight materials used in construction etc. IMO, the exotics are a poor value in anyone's book, when you drop that kind of money it's to make a status statement and/or to have something that nobody else has, or to buy it "because you can".

I realize that, but this was by no means a 1/4 mile race. It was what looked like from 60+mph up to probably 150 maybe? This is where I would expect a high dollar exotic v12 or whatever it is to thrive over the cobra, especially because of the aspects you've outlined. I guess it just wasn't quite what I had expected, modded cobra or otherwise. I really was expecting something like that lingenfelter vid. But it was actually somewhat boring I guess in that respect :)

On a side note, the lines of the countach are still my favorite.

Prince Valiant
08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I really was expecting something like that lingenfelter vid. But it was actually somewhat boring I guess in that respect :) Well, don't forget...the ligenfelter was only racing a DSM :nutkick (actually, when the two raced, it was a bit closer)

But josh is correct...put the two cars on a course like road america and the disparity of a 200+G car and a 30G one would be far more stark. Hell, just leave the 30G car stock and it's pretty stock, much less modded forced induction. Put them on "sunset strip" and you'll REALLY see the disparity (IE teh women! :wooo )

Then again...I did put the hurt on a rolls royce once :goof

Teufelhunden
08-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Then again...I did put the hurt on a rolls royce once :goof :rolf LOL :rolf