PDA

View Full Version : F-ing optispark

Heat Seeker WS6
07-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Had this one in the car since late May and it crapped out on me. The car started gradually runing rougher and rougher over the last few days, and then this morning it went straight to hell. It was supposedly a good opti, but after taking it apart, it was by far the worst I've ever seen. Everything metallic inside of it was very heavily corroded and there was so much drag on the bearings it barely could turn. F-N-A. Found a brand new one today with a warranty and installed it in about 3 hours with a lunch break and a trip to the store included.
It would be nice if MSD actually had thier version available for purchase.

GTSLOW
07-31-2005, 06:32 AM
Had this one in the car since late May and it crapped out on me. The car started gradually runing rougher and rougher over the last few days, and then this morning it went straight to hell. It was supposedly a good opti, but after taking it apart, it was by far the worst I've ever seen. Everything metallic inside of it was very heavily corroded and there was so much drag on the bearings it barely could turn. F-N-A. Found a brand new one today with a warranty and installed it in about 3 hours with a lunch break and a trip to the store included.

Time for an ls1 swap? :goof

383Firebird
07-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah I'm really getting sick of all my issues with the opti's and frying wires and all that ****.

SlowStee
07-31-2005, 01:32 PM
AH Holy backordered!

http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?action=vshop&vid=4&pcid=262

Maybe they are actually good? :confused

Thats a pretty Quick opti change John!