PDA

View Full Version : one heck of a day at the dragstrip!

chargedformula
07-30-2005, 12:21 AM
if it wasnt one problem it was another. a couple weeks ago my fans went out on me. i replaced one, then today i replaced the other motor before going racing. on the way there the car had like a hicup evey now and then, all the sudden the battery volts would drop down to 10 or 11 and would go back up. as soon as i got to great lakes i pulled over to check what was going on. i had some smoke comming from the hood that smelled like burning rubber. i popped the hood and i checked the new fan motor i put in, i could turn the blades, but not too easy. the motor itself was incredibly hot and the wires were what was smoking. so i disconnected that and i figured i was ok to go because i still had the other fan. i passed tech and lined up to race. green light went on and i was off. pounded into second gear and all the sudden the car just lost all power, it was still running kindof. i coasted to a blistering 29 second run! after i limped the car back to the pits and poped the hood i found out the the tube had popped off the throttle body, that was a pretty simple fix. (i have been meaning to buy some nice hose clamps but they are just too expencive) i let the car cool for a little while and i was ready to try this one more time. i get in the lanes and shut the car down for a while waiting for the bikes and the highschoolers to go. then when they flagged me to go i went to start the car....nothing, just a bunch of clicks. the fricken car was almost dead! i couldnt believe it, i was sitting there for only 10-15 minutes, no radio on, no lights on, just the the fan to blow some air in the car. luckily i had my beater there with jumper cables in it and got the car running again. i went to make another run and took it easy, i figured i should with this kind of luck. 13.5 @ 108. it was pretty dissapointing since i have a best of 12.85 @ 110. my last run of the night was my best, i actualy had no problems and got a new personal best of 12.76 @110. i drove home after that and thanked god i didnt need a tow truck to make it back

350-Z28
07-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Talk about your rough starts...At least yours runs =D

396LOUDMOUTHSS
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
I saw you there, didn't realize you had problems. Maybe that was when you were parked in the parking lot??

Crawlin
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
man that sucks, but the new best usually makes up for that!

the tow truck rides are THE worst feeling in the world :(

Syclone0044
08-02-2005, 12:35 PM
the tow truck rides are THE worst feeling in the world :( I think the police car rides probably take the title. :stare