PDA

View Full Version : import wars

mxman18
07-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Does anybody know what time import wars this saturday night i can't find it but i nknow it is at night

383Firebird
07-29-2005, 10:24 AM
I've heard 2 different times, first I heard 1, then I heard 3. But I believe the gates open at 1, they have jr dragsters til 3 and then the import wars racing starts at 3. Then I believe judging for the show happens at 10 and racing ends at 11. I could be wrong on all this but that's just what I've heard.

EVIL AWD
07-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Import Wars was horrible! I think that is the last time I am going to waste my time there. The turn out sucked and there was like two fast cars.....It use to be so much better years ago... :mad:

mxman18
07-31-2005, 01:55 AM
Import Wars was horrible! I think that is the last time I am going to waste my time there. The turn out sucked and there was like two fast cars.....It use to be so much better years ago... :mad:
Yeah i did not like it much either the last one was a lot better although i did like those jet cars that they had there, i saw like 4or5 supras leaving as i got there and i was like WTF stay the whole night oh well i probably will end up going again

Bee
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Does anybody know what time import wars this saturday night i can't find it but i nknow it is at night

people are probably using their sat nights for other things.. they need to start IW at the regular time.... usually a better turn out when IW opens in the morning... just a thought that may help GLDW... :thumbsup

1fastsol
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
may be there will be faster cars at the next one? i hope it gets better :stare

twicks69
08-02-2005, 09:43 AM
My goal is to be there for the next wars. That sucks that it was a poor turnout. Saturdays are usually a little slower. I agree, that there is better turnouts for the sunday morning races--you have an extra day on the weekend to prep for the races.

I hope that next one is busier--or at least a full field for quick 16.

Flicktitty
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
i also heard that this import wars wasent very good we might make it to the one on the 20th if we dont show the car at Tuner Bash After Dark!

mxman18
08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
i also heard that this import wars wasent very good we might make it to the one on the 20th if we dont show the car at Tuner Bash After Dark!
I heard they cancelled TBAD in chicago :fire

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
08-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Ya the turn out wasnt that great. I really thought a night race would bring more people out. But guess not. I know for the Q16 the old school VW's were out of state at nother race.

But it was a blast anyways, least I got a couple trophys and some ok cash. :headbang

Russ Jerome
08-08-2005, 08:05 PM

Heads up class's would bring in more people IMHO.

Bracket racing just does not excite me, only heads
up class's are for 13 and 14 second cars. On the
other hand GLD looks better than ever and the beer
was nice and cold :)

EVIL AWD
08-09-2005, 04:30 PM
On the
other hand GLD looks better than ever and the beer
was nice and cold :)

Yeah, the track is getting better and better but the turn out of fast cars just seems to be getting worse and worse. To be honest, I'm bored watching anything that runs slower than mid-12's. The new lights look great though, you can actually see what people run now. :thumbsup