PDA

View Full Version : who loves "The Man"? not me

theavenger333
07-27-2005, 11:06 PM
so i get a letter from Teh insurance company today, i've been with American Family for 5+ years now. "We appreciate you wanting to continue your policy with us, however after review of your account we cannot extend your American Family account." WTF. says for reasoning the two tickets i have on my record from 2002. yes, 2002. under it it says "also taken into effect are:" a claim from 2003 of vandilism of my accord (shattered a few windows, stole my radio etc etc and destroyed my door handle) and the accident i was in at the end of 2004. which was a not at fault accident, i rear-ended someone who stopped in the middle of an intersection at a green. so i'm like okay, well yeah i have a few claims, but wow, 3 of them are over 2 years old? underneath it says, "however, no motorist should be driving uninsured, and we would be happy to give you a rate for an American General policy.

so for the background, my parents and I have a joint account, it gets us better deals and such, and its obviously cheaper. i payed aorund 165 a month on my GTP. i go in to talk to my agent who is a good guy, known him for awhile, ask him for a no BS answer, "why NOW are the cancelling it after so long, i understand i have 4 claims, but its 2 years later?" well they want me to get a totally independant account so i have to pay more. thats the bottom line. corporate reviews files and make assesments, in this case they realized they could squeeze more money out of me, hence saying i should get the normal American Family General account, as opposed to the American Family Account. what a load of ****. i said well pete, tell your boss or whomever they just lost my insurance, plus my second car i was going to add shortly, as well as my bike. i just cant believe how low some companies go....

350-Z28
07-27-2005, 11:10 PM
That's a total crock of **** dude. Although I get raped on my insurance. Only one speeding ticket and insurance on my camaro is $140 a month, just liability

Al
07-28-2005, 12:10 AM
How old are you?

I just switched from progressive to AAA last week and my rates dropped $600/year and I now have double the coverage and all of the AAA extras.

Rocket Power
07-28-2005, 12:45 AM
AAA is good. I had them till recently we switched to someone that was a bit cheaper, I forget who. My wife takes care of that :goof

Silver350
07-28-2005, 06:50 AM
American family did that to me after two at fault accidents. I raised a fuss over one accident that it wasn't my fault and dispite my doccumentation they still would not buge. Worse part is my jag of an insurance agent Frank Binder would not stick his head out for me. This guy is the worst agent of all. If I have any questions I talk to his secretary. She knows more and is a lot more helpfull. I also was looking at new vehicles and was getting quotes and she was wondering why my insurance is so high. Found out that I have no traffic citations, and was only considered at fault for one accident and that was the accident that the jag hit me in walgreens parking lot. The accident that I rear ended someone shows up for me not being at fault. Total BS. So I am pretty much bending over and taking it in the ass untill I turn 25.

theavenger333
07-28-2005, 02:21 PM
i'm 21........

STEALTHZR2
07-28-2005, 02:48 PM
I've had the same problem with my old insurance comp. When I was younger. Course my record wasn't the greatest either.

PonyKiller87
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Ive been with AAA, progressive, badger mutual and now State Farm. AAA wasnt bad other than thier billing dept sucks ass, kept screwing stuff up and then sending me late notices. Progressive is just way over priced. Badger sucked when I got in an accident that wasnt my fault and they didnt help at all in taking care of things with the other company. I finaly switched to State Farm (Mark Bojar on about 56th & Forest Home) Right off the bat they saved me about $75 a month for insurance, then I refinanced the truck through them at a much better rate saving another $50 a month. Right now I pay about $150 a month for full coverage on both the car and the truck. And from what Ive heard they dont hassle you when you need to file a claim or anything like that.

STKMACH
07-28-2005, 03:02 PM
so i get a letter from Teh insurance company today, i've been with American Family for 5+ years now. "We appreciate you wanting to continue your policy with us, however after review of your account we cannot extend your American Family account." WTF. says for reasoning the two tickets i have on my record from 2002. yes, 2002. under it it says "also taken into effect are:" a claim from 2003 of vandilism of my accord (shattered a few windows, stole my radio etc etc and destroyed my door handle) and the accident i was in at the end of 2004. which was a not at fault accident, i rear-ended someone who stopped in the middle of an intersection at a green. so i'm like okay, well yeah i have a few claims, but wow, 3 of them are over 2 years old? underneath it says, "however, no motorist should be driving uninsured, and we would be happy to give you a rate for an American General policy.

so for the background, my parents and I have a joint account, it gets us better deals and such, and its obviously cheaper. i payed aorund 165 a month on my GTP. i go in to talk to my agent who is a good guy, known him for awhile, ask him for a no BS answer, "why NOW are the cancelling it after so long, i understand i have 4 claims, but its 2 years later?" well they want me to get a totally independant account so i have to pay more. thats the bottom line. corporate reviews files and make assesments, in this case they realized they could squeeze more money out of me, hence saying i should get the normal American Family General account, as opposed to the American Family Account. what a load of ****. i said well pete, tell your boss or whomever they just lost my insurance, plus my second car i was going to add shortly, as well as my bike. i just cant believe how low some companies go....Plain and simple American Family Ins sucks they will drop just about anyone for even a claim. Been there with them already they suck. I have a good ins agent if you want his info P.M me really though he is a good guy and will get you the best ins rate

Silver03SRT
07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Insurance compainies are scammers. When it comes to paying them they want the money asap. But the moment you make a claim they **** you around. On top of all that they raise your rates after its all said and done.

Holeshot
07-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Jesus Christ.

I have three cars the house and two life insurance policy's.
Full coverage on two cars liability on one, replacement value on the house contents and two 100 K life and we pay $ 2400 a year.
American Family

theavenger333
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
see this is my beef... i've NEVER had a problem with them minus when we moved, they changed my formal address, not the billing address. other than that they've been wonderful. two times i was in a non-fault accident and they went to bat for me without me even going into court. both times the cases/claims were dropped, one was actually turned around and they owed US money. its my vehicle, and 3 others of my family member's, as well as boat, a motorcycle and the house. i just can't believe this happened, until this i had nothing bad to say about American Family. Stkmach, ygpm. i've heard good things about General Casualty from a few people.....

STKMACH
07-29-2005, 01:15 AM
see this is my beef... i've NEVER had a problem with them minus when we moved, they changed my formal address, not the billing address. other than that they've been wonderful. two times i was in a non-fault accident and they went to bat for me without me even going into court. both times the cases/claims were dropped, one was actually turned around and they owed US money. its my vehicle, and 3 others of my family member's, as well as boat, a motorcycle and the house. i just can't believe this happened, until this i had nothing bad to say about American Family. Stkmach, ygpm. i've heard good things about General Casualty from a few people..... I sent Your PM