PDA

View Full Version : Update Maroon LT1 at Kilpatrics

UnderPSI
07-20-2005, 11:04 PM
For those of you who don't know Forest really fu cked this guys motor up. and trans.

Update: The motor had to be pulled back out of the car this time Kilpatricks is doing it. The car was asembled and running with the new trans. The car shook so violently that they had to come back. Turns out the motor wasn't balanced either. :stare The intake was pulled off after the motor got pulled out, and you should see Forest's "porting job". He really Fuc ked the heads up on that car. He used a die grinder to gasket match the intake side of the heads, kind of. The ports where ground but never polished so there is a really rough surface in all the intake ports. He never used machinest dye to mark the gasket size on the ports he just kinda guessed. Some are bigger that others some are bigger that the gasket. Not sure what he was thinking, espically since some of the valve guides are ground on. ???? I hope the owner of the car gets all of his money back, if not I would take him to court. He definitly didn't get what he paid for.
One more think Forests claims 600hp out of the motor now. Really, how could that be, it still has the factory 19lb injectors.

pOrk
07-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Dont bad mouth a company in attempt to give them a bad name, grow up. If you have a problem with them, go talk to them about it.

( Example of a post you would make after I state something is installed imporperly, this is how much of an idiot you look like when posting it :loser )

TraNs_aM
07-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Eric i talked to you about my car at oscars, forest really did **** up my car, he deserves to be talked **** about he talks so highly of himself and the work he does and all the things that come of it that guy ****ed up so bad i'm having to pay kilpatricks to rebuild it AGAIN. forest had my car for 3 and a half weeks and gave it back to me running "pretty good" and not driveable this guy shouldn't be working on cars. He acts like these things that are wrong with my car were my fault i'm sry but i've never worked on my car since i've had it not even the brakes. This guy wripped my tubbin on my intake so it whistles when its running and idling didn't have the line up pins in for the tranny when he put it in thats why he stripped one of the bolts and thats why i was leaking tranny fuild kilpatricks has only had my car for lil over a week and said it will be done soon maybe a lil over a week to fix this guys mistakes. maybe someday this guy will realize that he shoudln't be working on any cars

UnderPSI
07-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Dont bad mouth a company in attempt to give them a bad name, grow up. If you have a problem with them, go talk to them about it.

( Example of a post you would make after I state something is installed imporperly, this is how much of an idiot you look like when posting it :loser )

No, actually I am done dealing with you if you haven't noticed. How bout don't assume and bad mouth me. Come talk to me about it in person. I don't need to post about you for people to realize how ignorant you are, I just don't want anyone to get screwed by this shop.

awsomeears
07-21-2005, 01:01 AM
For those of you who don't know Forest really fu cked this guys motor up. and trans.

Update: The motor had to be pulled back out of the car this time Kilpatricks is doing it. The car was asembled and running with the new trans. The car shook so violently that they had to come back. Turns out the motor wasn't balanced either. :stare The intake was pulled off after the motor got pulled out, and you should see Forest's "porting job". He really Fuc ked the heads up on that car. He used a die grinder to gasket match the intake side of the heads, kind of. The ports where ground but never polished so there is a really rough surface in all the intake ports. He never used machinest dye to mark the gasket size on the ports he just kinda guessed. Some are bigger that others some are bigger that the gasket. Not sure what he was thinking, espically since some of the valve guides are ground on. ???? I hope the owner of the car gets all of his money back, if not I would take him to court. He definitly didn't get what he paid for.
One more think Forests claims 600hp out of the motor now. Really, how could that be, it still has the factory 19lb injectors.

You dont have to balance a motor, after the motor runs for a bit and all the clearances are FCUKed up the crank will shave its self to be a True Crank :rolf

SHAVINGS IN OIL FCUK YEA

AMERICA FCUK YEA :rolf

lotsals1
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM

( Example of a post you would make after I state something is installed imporperly, this is how much of an idiot you look like when posting it :loser )Well ya see this is a car forum if you have not noticed ,and when someone gets screwed over by a "shop" I think everyone should know about it --if this is a legit business --if I got screwed i would have my lawyer get in touch.Sounds like this person doesnt know jack about motors. What is the name of this "shop"?

Lash
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Big 3 Performance....right?

It's gotta be with the "Forest" and "f***ed up my car" in the same sentence.

pOrk
07-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Well ya see this is a car forum if you have not noticed ,and when someone gets screwed over by a "shop" I think everyone should know about it --if this is a legit business --if I got screwed i would have my lawyer get in touch.Sounds like this person doesnt know jack about motors. What is the name of this "shop"?

If you visit the flame forum, I started a thread about Project Two ******* up a few rides of people I have met and this idiot came in my threads telling me to shut up and if I have a problem with teh shop I should go to them adn blah blah.

Now he is calling me ignorent because he doesnt have the brain power to discuss this matter in the original thread he threw a hissy in.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Big 3, but Forrest seems like a nice guy. Either way, I dont reccommend people to his shop or go their myself. My post was about Under PSI and his buddy that talk out their ass when it comes to their buddys AWESOME AMAZING EST SHOP IN THE WORLD CALLED PROJECT TWO, but when its am shop they know nothing about, they are totally two faced about the entire argument they carried in the other thread :rolleyes:

Check it out, its a good read :thumbsup

twicks69
07-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Must be Forest. Hmmm, we are starting the tally.

Cooper with his IC pipes for the RX-7, this motor F**k up--the guy is a total arrogant and ignorant piece of S#!T PERIOD. HE SHOULD NOT WORK ON PEOPLE'S CARS.

As for Project Two--never heard of it--I only deal with reputable shops that I have dealt with for years. AMS, Mach V, Buschur, Road Race Engineering, John Shepherd Racing, Jackson Auto Machine, Beyond Redline Performance, Extreme Performance Motorsports, FFWD Connection, Slowboy Racing, Forced Performance, Magnus Motorsports, and Hahn Race Craft are among the top shops that I deal with for parts purchasing, dyno tuning, advice, technical questions, and machine work.

As for KJ Auto, I have dealt with Hiram, I like him--he has good ethics and he does good work--people give him crap because his dyno produces low numbers--it is the dyno software, not him. I have not heard of any problems with poor tuning or mechanical work coming out of there. I have tuned my car there a few times with no problems other than having to do minor adjustments to air/fuel and ignition timing after dynoing because of the change in stationary vs. actual driving conditions, along with stationary vs. ambient air temperatures. The overall tuning was excellent, along with the pricing and experience.

These posts are made to advise people of poor businesses out there, so that other people do not get screwed over by the same jackoff (Big 3).

He drives a neon. A riced out piece of crap neon. He talks big about all of these cars he is modifying to everyone, and it is all a big lie. I encourage everyone to go to his shop--Big 3 performance over off of Hwy 164 and 59, just to see the crap that he puts out from that shop. Take a tour--it's FREE. Don't find out the hard way.

If you want a good lawyer, e-mail me. I know a few. Otherwise, contact Better Business Bureau--I think that you could do something against him with the BBB.

Good luck with everything, and I hope that the motor/trans rebuild goes without troubles from now on.

HP ADDICT
07-21-2005, 09:09 PM

That sucks...Hope it runs good soon. Any pics of the heads?? I am not saying anything positive about this guys work but most worked heads have grinding on the valve guides..19# injectors on a 383 H/C lt1 lmao..

WilliamZ
07-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Pork:

Someone is having problems with their TA from Big 3. Big 3 had Kilpatrics do some work on the engine and trans. Brad was at Kilpatrics and asked about Forest and what he had done there. That makes Brad two faced by going to the shop that did the machine work and getting the story :confused

sriddccrocks
07-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Forest ****ed up cars way before big 3, he did it when he worked at elders too :rolleyes:

Nix
07-23-2005, 12:20 AM
You should seriously speak with an attorney about this matter and the BBB. There is no excuse for this, if you took pictures and have Kilpatricks able to back you up on this asshats hack job all the better. It seems to me this is just a "JAG BAG" taking in work to make money and really dosent have the skill or tools to do a proper job. Just to think of just these few things that I have read about this shop on this website alone, Iam sure there is a line of people waiting with law suites on this joker. I hope all goes well and you should seriously consider this and other peoples advice and lawyer up on this one partner. Nick S.

SlowStee
07-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Does Forest still show up at oscars after these threads?

pOrk
07-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Does Forest still show up at oscars after these threads?

yup

T-Bag
07-23-2005, 10:50 AM
has anyone called him out while he's been at oscar's, and has he been the typical ass clown about it making up excuses? He's not a nice guy, he's a fricken snake, and I knew that the first 10 seconds I saw him.

Prince Valiant
07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I've encountered the 'big3' guy/s personally a couple months ago...one night when I had the valiant up there, one guy came up and gave me a card and was talking about some sub-10 second 440 dart he/they used to own, and how they know mopars better than anyone in town (I had to bite my tongue just because I am very familiar with Kilpatrick's and their rep, and yet never heard of these guys)

He asked what I was looking to do, and I had to explain that the car is pretty much the way I want it with the exception of the current cam...which I am plenty well equipped to do on my own, so much so that I'd get it done in less time than it would take for me to get the car to their shop and back...but he persisted and was explaining what they could build for me etc...

So I just said, well, maybe when I look to step it up I'll consider them (just to get him the fark away from me) but generally I do most everything myself and just look for shops to do the machining and he stated "Well, when you are looking to get serious, call us"

me: "uh, okay" :rolleyes: I'm sold.

Knyghtmare
07-23-2005, 01:26 PM
If this guy ****ed up my car like that, I would only have three words for him... "Run Forest, run!" :fire

97z2801ss
07-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Doesnt Kilpatricks have a 7 second drag car? and i kno don has a dart swinger and a 69 superbee... Id say kilpatricks know mopars the best...

USMARINE1108
07-23-2005, 04:26 PM
If this guy ****ed up my car like that, I would only have three words for him... "Run Forest, run!" :fire

I just spit juice all over my monitor! :rolf

Lash
07-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Doesnt Kilpatricks have a 7 second drag car?

Yes...I believe so.

pOrk
07-24-2005, 02:53 AM
:rolf

sriddccrocks
07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
kilapatricks did kevin ribbons caprice, that does low 8s, or did

SlowStee
07-26-2005, 01:49 AM
has anyone called him out while he's been at oscar's, and has he been the typical ass clown about it making up excuses? He's not a nice guy, he's a fricken snake, and I knew that the first 10 seconds I saw him.
Someone needs to update us here...

The Oscars regulars, have you guys seen Forest? :confused talked to him??

I just cant imagine whats going on in this guys head and how he can justify all this...

TraNs_aM
07-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Well i'd have the thing back but Forest over torqued the bots on the heads so they had to order new ones, its been so long since i've driving my TA!!!! Lets hope i get this car soon and they find nothing else wrong with it anymore.

UnderPSI
07-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Good Luck :thumbsup