PDA

View Full Version : How about a BCM car show at next weeks RSD???

TuffEnuff
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Anybody interested?

Who would like to be in charge of it?

Does anybody know of another website that would like to do the same thing?

Just wondering...

TuffEnuff
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Haaa-llloooo??? :confused

animal
07-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Eh. It's an ok idea, but really I think it takes attention away from the rsd stuff. I for one would probably never bother to walk through the car show, since I'm there paying to watch racing... moseying through a tiny car show can be done for free on any mon-saturday night at the local car cruises. Plus on a thursday night, by the time enough people get down there after work it's almost dark.... all this why I suspect no one has really replied on the matter... but that's just my take on it. What are the chances of you getting another saturday event, or maybe even a friday? That was sweet.

Syclone0044
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah, how did the Saturday RSD turn out? You never replied to my comments on the original thread where I thought the raceing was somewhat disorganized and ran at a slower pace than it needed to be. :confused

Silver350
07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
If people post saying they will go to it I might consider it. I am not willing to orginize the gathering though.

Crawlin
07-21-2005, 02:21 PM
i know you are trying to build attendance with "other" stuff, but i think it should just be kept racing.

although, ALOT of the ideas/things you said that were being thought about for GLD over on chitown are INCREDIBLE ideas. (i.e. concert area like out in Alpine Valley, Drive In movie screen, etc..) Hopefully that stuff can help recoup the debt that I'm sure the owners are in with all the recent changes. I had a meeting with Dave H.(forgot how to spell his last name) about having my dealership sponsor the track and the September race. I put my agreement it'd be a good thing forward and waiting to hear from the owner.

PS - tell those little biatches who complain about the prices over on chitown that they paid $27 to race before and sometimes wait in line to end up getting a timeslip that was ****ed up from the timing system. Now they pay $30 and I haven't heard of ONE person who's gotten a ****ed up time slip. Not to say it hasn't happened, but DEAL with it :)

TuffEnuff
07-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, how did the Saturday RSD turn out? You never replied to my comments on the original thread where I thought the raceing was somewhat disorganized and ran at a slower pace than it needed to be. :confused

Saturday July 9th RSD= 315 cars + 4000+ spectators

The place was JUMPIN'!!

Disorganized?? Maybe, I guess I could see that...I had some noobies working for me that day....plus, a HUGE crowd. Needless to say, I was WIPED out at the end of the day!

Next SATURDAY RSD... -->sept 24th!!!!

Next THURSDAY RSD is next week, July 28th Gates open at 3 PM. :banana

awsomeears
07-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Personally RSD's are a blast because there are normal people from the streets or garages running there sh!t, either its slow or fast its all cool to me :thumbsup

Sh!t......... last week I went ALONE :rolf to RSD cuz my buddys were to lazy to come with :rolf

SRT4ME
07-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Sh!t......... last week I went ALONE :rolf to RSD cuz my buddys were to lazy to come with :rolf

What'd u lose my # Brad? :confused I see how it is... :chair:
Just messing :D

Syclone0044
07-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Saturday July 9th RSD= 315 cars + 4000+ spectators Sweeet...!

Next SATURDAY RSD... -->sept 24th!!!! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Next THURSDAY RSD is next week, July 28th Gates open at 3 PM. :banana I'm on vacation next week but planning on coming home early to make it to RSD!!! :thumbsup