PDA

View Full Version : Great America

Scales
07-20-2005, 09:40 AM
I went to Great America yesterday with my gf and some friends. We already had discounted tickets from work and the weather was great so it seemed like we were gonna have a great day. When we were walking back in from lunch, we heard some guy shouting out of the "Guest Relations" window that the power was out. Hearing all the noise of the park, we ignored the guy and continued in. Turns out he was right. I guess they kept getting power surges from something and kept poppin breakers. For whatever reason, Giant Drop was still workin so we went on that and then just walked around for an hour or so. At about 4:00, nothing else was running yet so we decided to leave. On our way out, we all got free tickets to come back any day til until September 18th. Not a bad deal! Well we just got back to the car when we heard and saw everything start back up. We still had our hands stamped from lunch so we went back in again. Sure enough, all the rides were slowly starting back up. We got to go on everything eventually. Even hit Raging Bull 4 times! After a lot of people left from the power outages, the longest wait we had was 30 minutes for the front row of Superman. To take any other row on any other rides, the wait was only 10 minutes max! Turned out to be an AWESOME day!!!

animal
07-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Did you go in the water park? Is it any good?

u_say_go
07-20-2005, 10:26 AM
you didnt have to spend the day watching grant and anna grope each other did you?

Scales
07-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Did you go in the water park? Is it any good?
Didn't go in to the water park. Heard that it was severly overpriced as far as locker rental and stuff like that. It looked like a decent size park from the view from the giant drop. But I think I'd still rather hit the Dells... I'm sure we'll hit it next time we go since we got the free tickets though.

you didnt have to spend the day watching grant and anna grope each other did you?
They didn't go with us. Acording to Grant, he couldn't afford the $24 tickets.. :rolleyes:

u_say_go
07-20-2005, 10:38 AM
he's saving up for that lavish wedding huh?

Scales
07-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Guess so. Heard the courthouse is kinda expensive this time of year...

Max 93
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
:rolf you would think they are 16

95Rammer
07-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Dude that was bullshit i was there i got a season pass so i dont care as much but it was so supid that every 10 mins the power went out. it was me and 3 of my friends and we were trying to go on rides we were almost on batman when the power went out. then we treid to go on iron wolf power goes out. then we go to the train the freakin train powers goes out again. so were like oh since we cant get on any rides lets go see that circo manifico show(i was with 2 girls that wanted to go on the train and the show) and the it was about to start and the power goes out me and my friend tommy sit there wile the girls go to get cotton candy, cant get it cause the power is out and the resigters arnt working the power came back on and the show about to start again boom out again that happen 2 more times and we left as we are walking out all of us were telling everybody to leave cause of the power and alot of people were like no way and kept going. and off we were back to wisconsin.

95Rammer
07-22-2005, 01:09 AM
the waterpark is alright but you have to pay for the tubes and you need them to go on most of the slides and the wave pool has a safty check every half hour so everyone has to get out and they make sure there isnt any dead people in there and it takes like a half hour so its not that fun.

Scales
07-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah I haven't really heard anything good about the waterpark to make me wanna go. I even heard there is a wait to get into the wave pool... :lame:

Scales
07-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Dude that was bullshit i was there i got a season pass so i dont care as much but it was so supid that every 10 mins the power went out. it was me and 3 of my friends and we were trying to go on rides we were almost on batman when the power went out. then we treid to go on iron wolf power goes out. then we go to the train the freakin train powers goes out again. so were like oh since we cant get on any rides lets go see that circo manifico show(i was with 2 girls that wanted to go on the train and the show) and the it was about to start and the power goes out me and my friend tommy sit there wile the girls go to get cotton candy, cant get it cause the power is out and the resigters arnt working the power came back on and the show about to start again boom out again that happen 2 more times and we left as we are walking out all of us were telling everybody to leave cause of the power and alot of people were like no way and kept going. and off we were back to wisconsin.

What time did you guys leave? I think everything was back to full power by about 4:30ish...

animal
07-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah I haven't really heard anything good about the waterpark to make me wanna go. I even heard there is a wait to get into the wave pool... :lame:

Ugh! No thanks I guess I'll just have to stick with the dells for water stuff... why go through all the hassle... and why give the flatlanders any more money than they already have :shades

95Rammer
07-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I think we took off around 3

Scales
07-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah you guys missed it then. It was great when everyone left!! No waits for any rides!!! :headbang