PDA

View Full Version : here is a teaser of whats to come

1fastsol
07-18-2005, 06:44 PM
here is a video of something close to what im not doing! :rolf
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AA411B94-402B-4E40-AB5A-D938C2368A4B&p=0

onefasthatch
07-18-2005, 07:15 PM
oh my wow i knew i knew who one fast sol was and what he got BUT I WILL NEVER TELL

1fastsol
07-18-2005, 08:33 PM
hey, what's up :headbang do you go and dyno the ride today?

fly5150
07-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Uhhhhh.... Check the dictionary man... last I looked its spelled SOUL

twicks69
07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
ooh, look -- wheel spin to 120mph. Instead of making a 600HP car, why don't you just work on getting traction for a 300HP car. In a 1600# car (w/driver), 300HP theoretically can reach 10.1's at ~134mph.

600HP in a 1600# car will get you 8 flats at ~168mph. This is of course in a perfect world where everyone pulls 1.3 second 60fts.

Though it is a very sweet setup that he has, there is no REAL DRAG suspension to give him any traction--as you can see from the video.

Just a thought.

wikked
07-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Uhhhhh.... Check the dictionary man... last I looked its spelled SOUL

Sol as in Honduh DelSol :shades

Irish
07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I can't believe that I wasted my time watching that white bird turd run up and down the street deL SLO = :loser

GRNDNL
07-19-2005, 04:11 PM
With 600 "Dyno" HP I'll bet they'd still be afraid of some old man and his Buick...... :rolleyes:

SLOWC5
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Its nice to see that it always its dying at idle and that the small kid was so disgusted she started crying :goof

JEFF

twicks69
07-19-2005, 05:46 PM
my uneducated DSM guess is that the "tune" on the del slo is a little on the completely untuned side, or the cams desperately need to be dialed in,or the guy has a major boost leak. Probably a little of all of the above.

Fact -- There are alot of extremely nice parts on the car; he does get props for good taste.

Fact -- That wastegate would do better on my car, since there is probably no need for an HKS GT II wastegate on his del sol when he could have easily used a Tial 40mm or 44mm WG instead for alot less $$$.

Fact -- It is still a honda, and yes, even though it does have a turbo, it may be slower through the traps in ET than a 13-second NA-modified del sol that has good traction. His trap speed will probably be ridiculous, like 135mph.

Bee--this del sol could use a lesson that you know all too well. It isn't about numbers, it is about traction and suspension set up. Lord knows that you easily have enough HP to do 9's with the civic, it just takes alot of time and tuning to get the suspension dialed in so that it can do it consistently with minimal wheelspin. When your car is ready to do some track time, I would suggest speaking with Bee and get some good pointers on how to dial in a suspension--he is definitely getting experienced! :thumbsup

I do bid you good luck on your del sol project, as it is difficult to get the car dialed in for fast ET's at the track ,as well as make it a reliable street car. Please just put a nice exhaust on your car so that it doesn't deafen us with noises that make children cry every time it drives by our shops and homes.

That thing sounded like a rotary powered lawn mower with straight pipes and idled like a sick geo metro running on only 2 of its 3 hamsters. :rolf

:thumbsup

SLOWC5
07-19-2005, 05:50 PM
I would have just assumed that after engine dynoing a car, it would have had some sort of a OK tune it. Why dyno a car on an engine dyno when it is completely untuned? I'd never run my cars on a dyno unless they were tuned completely, and possibly needing some minor tweaks

*** not starting ****, just asking questions for the import guys. ***

JEFF

SloFarmTruck
07-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Rumor mill says Bee knows the engine very well. I have alot of respect for Bee and his abilities. This honda should make a lot of power but like always the week part is the lack of traction. My information could be tainted but I beleive this motor is from a wicked fast civic. :shades

Bee what do you think....twin turbo farm truck....hmmmmm btw your dodge sounds great!!!

fly5150
07-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Sol as in Honduh DelSol :shades
No look at his signature......

Bee
07-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I would have just assumed that after engine dynoing a car, it would have had some sort of a OK tune it. Why dyno a car on an engine dyno when it is completely untuned? I'd never run my cars on a dyno unless they were tuned completely, and possibly needing some minor tweaks

*** not starting ****, just asking questions for the import guys. ***

JEFF

if you are good at tuning.. you can start with a basic fuelmap/ign map and be able to run it on the dyno not for power, but for good overall tuning altogether. your car doesn't have to run good and then put on a dyno.. most time dynos are used for poorly tuned cars..... just from experience!!!

1fastsol
07-21-2005, 08:55 AM
THE CAR WILL NOT IDEL WELL BECAUSE OF 1600CC INJ AND USING AEM EMS SYSTEM, INJ OR TO BIG FOR THE AEM SYSTEM WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD IDLE! :wow

can you emagin the mpg on those inj. f&^% no way is that steetable. two block and out of gas. ha

twicks69
07-21-2005, 11:04 AM
doesn't matter if it has 1600cc injectors or 880cc injectors; you can still adjust the dead time, fuel pressure and low throttle maps based on load or engine speed, injector phasing, etc with the AEM EMS. You can most definitely make it run better than that at low throttle and idle. It sounded like he was flooding it out, and his cams were off on timing.

Dynotuning is your friend, along with having advice from experienced tuners, and having the knowledge to maximize the power of the AEM EMS.

1fastsol
07-21-2005, 06:16 PM
i hear you on that, but i was told that ame ems only supports up to 800 cc injs. the driver have to be upgrade to better ones. and ways the guy need to work on it. :crying

1fastsol
07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Rumor mill says Bee knows the engine very well. I have alot of respect for Bee and his abilities. This honda should make a lot of power but like always the week part is the lack of traction. My information could be tainted but I beleive this motor is from a wicked fast civic. :shades

Bee what do you think....twin turbo farm truck....hmmmmm btw your dodge sounds great!!!

rumor rumor, don't beleve everthing you hear. still need a tow to 12 sec.

LIL EVO
07-21-2005, 08:32 PM
You should have the injector driver with 1600cc injectors.

I'm running 1000cc just fine, EMS runs them fine without the inj driver.

twicks69
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM
1000cc's hey?? a little upgrading?? nice! :thumbsup :headbang

twicks69
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
i hear you on that, but i was told that ame ems only supports up to 800 cc injs. the driver have to be upgrade to better ones. and ways the guy need to work on it. :crying

No, the person that told you that needs to be upgraded to a better one! :thumbsup

Don't need the injector driver with EMS. Anyways, the AEM EMS has injector wizard configurations for up to 1600cc injectors, and with a little communication to AEM, you could probably get a map for a larger injector. If you are going larger than 1600cc injectors, I would reccomend using additional injectors to meet the fuel requirements for the horsepower goal.

1fastsol
07-22-2005, 12:36 AM
yea, i agree! should not not need any more than that anyways.

UnderPSI
07-22-2005, 01:38 AM
What is 1600cc equal to in pounds per hour??? any one know

Syclone0044
07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
What is 1600cc equal to in pounds per hour??? any one know I was wondering the same thing so I looked it up.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm :

To convert cc / min to lbs. / hr. - Divide by 10.5
152# Injectors. :wtf

Al
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
If you want traction with any fwd, as I have said sooooooooo many times before, you need to add weight to the front end.

Has anyone here ever seen those weight holders that farmers put on the front of their tractors? You need something like that. You should also consider that the farther forward you mount the weight, the less weight you will need to put a load on the front tires (leverage advantage).

THERE WILL BE NO MORE TRACTION PROBLEMS!

LIL EVO
07-22-2005, 12:54 PM
152 sounds about right since 1000cc are around 95lb

Bee
07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
1000cc is max... getting close to 1000cc in the 800-900cc it's still ok, but the ems will act up...hehe!!! been there done that!!!! :goof
overall the TRUE standalone EFI's are much better... eg. Motec, Haltek, DFI, FAST...etc.....but they don't plug and play!!! haha!!! :shades

UnderPSI
07-23-2005, 02:29 AM
I am running 60 lb/hr injectors I can't Imagine a four cylinder needing around a hundred more pounds per hour then me.

Sorry to sound like Syclone Josh but, at what fuel pressure are these 1600 cc injectors run at, do you know also if they are high or low impedence?

Thanks, Brad.

1fastsol
07-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I am running 60 lb/hr injectors I can't Imagine a four cylinder needing around a hundred more pounds per hour then me.

Sorry to sound like Syclone Josh but, at what fuel pressure are these 1600 cc injectors run at, do you know also if they are high or low impedence?

Thanks, Brad.

50 psi fuel pressure, and low impedence. that car can pull 800 hp + with those inj. he's at low boost now.