PDA

View Full Version : Air Show This Weekend...............

awsomeears
07-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone know more info on this ?

Its over the lake but im not sure what park or beach or where to go.

fly5150
07-14-2005, 02:26 AM
I just got a NOTAM about it and they said it is happening at veterens park, starting tomorrow through the weekend. Skydiving and airshow. I'm guessing tomorrow and friday are just practice. I saw a bunch of planes at the airport today, I'll check tomorrow when i go in.

SSmike1
07-14-2005, 06:14 AM
cool
thanks fly5150.

whats a NOTAM? notice of air managment?

also, whats fly 5150 mean? is that a plane? :confused

r u a pilot? ATC? Mechanic? :)

thanks
super bike mike
:wooo

fly5150
07-14-2005, 08:57 AM
a NOTAM is a notice to airmen. The FAA sends them out to tell pilots if the is restricted airspace for things like airshows, or airport closings... that kind of stuff.

My name, fly5150, means two things. I am a Pilot, so there is the fly part. 5150 is a police code for criminally insane.

I am a pilot with my commercial multi license. I dont have enough hours to go to the airline yet, so I am going to start as a flight instructor soon to build hours.
-Dave

SSmike1
07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
flying with the insane!
:wooo

sounds like you fit right in here!
:rolf

Al
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I am a pilot with my commercial multi license. I dont have enough hours to go to the airline yet, so I am going to start as a flight instructor soon to build hours.
-Dave

A pilots license is something I would like to get eventually. First I'll finish school.

I went to West Bend Air to look into an intro flight for $49. They talked to me about the requirements for licensing and areas of study. It turned out that I have already take classes which could be used towards the license. Things like meteorology and physics are my forte' so I already finished that stuff.

Lately, I picked up Microsoft Flight. I never knew that the ACT, NAV, and VOR actually worked on it. With it, I try to arrange plans from West Bend to Milwaukee or Chicago and follow one or two towers to get to the final destination. I tried a Buffalo to La Guardi last week but ended up going too fast and crashed halfway there. I'm still a bit sketchy on the radio setup, so I'll pick up the manual for the game which will give me some better insight into how it works.

If I do get the license, I imagine being able to go up north in an amphibious plane so that I take off from Grob Field in Cedarburg and land on White Potato Lake near Klondike. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, but it would be a 1 1/4 hour flight at 90 mph.

BAD LS1
07-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I wish they were bringing the shiney new baby over for a visit :headbang

http://people.freenet.de/seju/A380airbus.jpg

b4mytm
07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.milwaukeeairexpo.com/ :thumbsup

BAD LS1
07-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Damn no commercial jet aerobatics? :( Aint nothing like watching a huge passenger jet trying to do a damn near vertical climb and stalling and then fall back wards and actually regain enough air speed to save its self (done at 25,000 ft) :headbang

USMARINE1108
07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Damn no commercial jet aerobatics? :( Aint nothing like watching a huge passenger jet trying to do a damn near vertical climb and stalling and then fall back wards and actually regain enough air speed to save its self (done at 25,000 ft) :headbang

I can't say I've ever seen an airliner do a hamerhead. That would be interesting. I've seen one do a roll on Discovery Wings at least 100 times! :headbang

BAD LS1
07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I can't say I've ever seen an airliner do a hamerhead. That would be interesting. I've seen one do a roll on Discovery Wings at least 100 times! :headbang

Yeah id hate to be the co-pilot for the crazy asshole flying it :alcoholic

They had to do it at such a high altitude so it would have enough time to dive and regain air speed and lift... It fell to about 20,000 feet after stalling, they left the engines taped the whole time and it had enough forward movment that it was able to be thrown into a dive and saved completley by 10,000 feet.

I saw this on the military channel about 2-3 months ago, it was an Airbus A320 they did this with, which is no small plane :eek: It was done during the mid-late 80's by a test piolt when the plane was going through testing, and the footage was shot by a smaller plane traveling next to it.

http://www.avsim.com/projectairbus/images/airbus.jpg