PDA

View Full Version : best place to go for a car loan?

Cleveland Dave
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM
i need around 13-15k for the cars that im looking at for either a camaro/firebird/vette...

i want to get pre approved.
i checked my credit report...and i dont see anything wrong.
except that i have 16k in loans/credit cards. but my dad is helping me transfer 7k of that to one of his credit cards since he has interest rates of 2.9.

so that leaves me with around 9k on my credit report.

i make around 1700 a month.

i had a loan before 19500 but was cosigned with my dad...my dad for some reason is refusing to cosign this time...so im on my own.

where do u think the best places would be to go?

i tried eloan and got approved but not very happy with 11.5% rate. i want something lower so my payments are somewhere around 250 a month.

i tried lendingtree.com and got denied by capitalone...i may not get denied once all my credit cards are paid off but i have no idea.

Crawlin
07-13-2005, 02:18 PM
i would go through the credit union or bank you currently use. the one that you have had a loan through before. always guaranteed to get better service if you have had history there and keep your money there.

Chris

That's how i've always done it. Just would call up and say this is my bank account, this is my informatio, this is what i want, would have 5 minutes waiting and then my yes answer and money deposited in my account. hell, my GSX-R bike loan i got years ago was done at 2am in the morning through a 24hour line, haha. but because it was MY credit union, they had all my info and previous payment history on file.

jbiscuit
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
yep...if you have a car loan through Bank One, go back to Bank One for another loan. On my wagon, my bank beat Subaru financing by 1.5% :wooo :thumbsup

theavenger333
07-13-2005, 02:41 PM
USUALLY teh Credit Unions own banks. i got mine from Guardian Credit Union. they have been very good with the loan for the year i've had it

Cleveland Dave
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
well i had my previous loan through harris bank but i didnt have it very long decided to transfer to my dads credit card and make lower payments.

ill try them first then on to the credit unions...thanks guys

Flight_740
07-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Landmark

Knyghtmare
07-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Landmark

I second that. Landmark will say yes to anyone.

Flight_740
07-13-2005, 05:19 PM
And your best bet is to find the car you want and then go for the loan. That way they can pull all the info up on the car and see if it's even worth the money you are asking for. Landmark uses an equation of the year car, type of car, and options and miles, and your credit history to come up with your loan term and intrest rate.

u_say_go
07-13-2005, 05:40 PM
talk to someone at the bank you have an account with, or past loans. dont just fill out a loan application though, talk to a loan officer in person. One thing you should try to avoid is filling out too many loan applications. Each time you fill one out, that bank or lending institution will pull a credit report- each time there is an inquiry on your credit report, it lowers your score. (mom is VP for Northshore bank, I didnt listen to her and learned the hard way).
Good Luck :thumbsup

Flight_740
07-13-2005, 07:30 PM
talk to someone at the bank you have an account with, or past loans. dont just fill out a loan application though, talk to a loan officer in person. One thing you should try to avoid is filling out too many loan applications. Each time you fill one out, that bank or lending institution will pull a credit report- each time there is an inquiry on your credit report, it lowers your score. (mom is VP for Northshore bank, I didnt listen to her and learned the hard way).
Good Luck :thumbsup

Yes, I have lost customers because they have screwed themselves this way.

Lash
07-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Landmark.

I have both cars and my condo through them. Very easy/helpfull to work with.

Cleveland Dave
07-14-2005, 02:58 PM
is there a website / phone number or could u give me a location of one so i can get more info?

Lash
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
https://www.landmarkcu.org/site/frame_set/

Flight_740
07-14-2005, 05:09 PM
43rd and national

414-902-2060

Talk to any loan officer

Cleveland Dave
07-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Dear David,

Thank you for applying with Landmark Credit Union. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant the loan for you. You live out of our chartered area to become a member.

If you have any questions, I will be in the office until 3:00 today.

Thank you,

Jessica Krawczyk
Senior Loan Officer
Landmark Credit Union

-------------------------------

well that sucks....

MoreTorque
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I bought my car out of a dealer in Madison (CarTex Auto Sales). They went through Baraboo National Bank for the loan. It was my first auto loan and I got 5.9% APR. Their phone number is 1-608-356-7703.

Try educators credit union as well.

Cleveland Dave
07-15-2005, 10:25 AM
cool thanks!

i may just go to a dealer now...my father and i were talking and i may just go a completely different direction and lease a new truck...since there is some sweet deals going on right now.

wikked
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
MMCU is also an easy loan target.

mmcu.org (http://www.mmcu.org)

Flight_740
07-15-2005, 01:20 PM
cool thanks!

i may just go to a dealer now...my father and i were talking and i may just go a completely different direction and lease a new truck...since there is some sweet deals going on right now.

Yea, GM and ford are selling their cars at employee pricing :rolf

But they don't have 0% financing anymore. You still pay just as much.