PDA

View Full Version : Green LT1 at Kilpatricks

UnderPSI
07-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Any one on here own the Maroon LT1 that BIG 3 messed up the tranny on that is now at Kilpatricks? Just wondering. The car looks to be a 96 or so with a different color passenger fender. I saw the tranny damage WOW they really messed that thing up.

SlowStee
07-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Paul who had the 383 built by them, its a 93 TA, maroonish color...his name on here is "transam"

Can only pray that Big3 fixes their mistakes, and stops kidding themselves...The only people they are BSing is themselves :)

I hope they make things right for their business's sake.

Crawlin
07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
ANOTHER problem?

****.... I call out ANYTHING they've built :)

Crawlin
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
so the vehicle AT kilpatrick's is a green car, but the guy from this site has a maroon car? when is that guy's car gonna be done

jbiscuit
07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Big3 Performance is being talked about on a LOT of web boards right now for the shoddy quality they have been doing on people installs etc. I read about a guy that paid almost $1000 to have a front mount installed on an older RX-7 that they F'd up

97z2801ss
07-13-2005, 03:45 PM
J, thats cooper, and was on here Big3sucksmynuts... remember... yea i dont trust them.... sorry to hear about ure misfortunes... :chair:

SlowStee
07-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Any one on here own the Green LT1 that BIG 3 messed up the tranny on that is now at Kilpatricks? Just wondering. The car looks to be a 96 or so with a different color passenger fender. I saw the tranny damage WOW they really messed that thing up.
You mean this is a whole different car that they ****ed up????

UnderPSI
07-13-2005, 06:11 PM
No, it was maroon.

T-Bag
07-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Congratulations to all the people that defended forest and his moron crew. They don't know what the hell they are doing and f'ed up one too many cars already. If this doesn't tell you to stay away, i don't know what will.

awsomeears
07-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Congratulations to all the people that defended forest and his moron crew. They don't know what the hell they are doing and f'ed up one too many cars already. If this doesn't tell you to stay away, i don't know what will.

******* DITTO :headbang

SlowStee
07-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Congratulations to all the people that defended forest and his moron crew.
Someone must have misinformed you, I hear this guy does all the work BY HIMSELF...

Syclone0044
07-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Is this the same guy who told me he built 800 HP classic cars and has a car himself that's so fast he has never been able to actually go fully wide open throttle? :confused

awsomeears
07-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Is this the same guy who told me he built 800 HP classic cars and has a car himself that's so fast he has never been able to actually go fully wide open throttle? :confused

And the same person that TOLD ME A NEON FANATIC that he pushed 47 PSI of boost on a stock motor :wooo :wooo :wooo :wooo :wooo

Syclone0044
07-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Maybe he's really a performance genius and he cleverly designed a electronically controlled, auto-transitioning second fuel system twice as large as the primary, to operate the engine on 100% methanol under WOT in order to allow such high boost levels to be achieved. What are the chances of that?

awsomeears
07-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Maybe he's really a performance genius and he cleverly designed a electronically controlled, auto-transitioning second fuel system twice as large as the primary, to operate the engine on 100% methanol under WOT in order to allow such high boost levels to be achieved. What are the chances of that?

im sure he'd say 1 in 10 :rolf

TraNs_aM
07-14-2005, 02:43 AM
ya my car is ****ed, i got ****ed over

BAD LS1
07-14-2005, 08:17 AM

:wooo Didnt he build a 383 for you too?

T-Bag
07-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Someone must have misinformed you, I hear this guy does all the work BY HIMSELF...

Ah well....that makes him even worse! what a tool.

Syclone0044
07-14-2005, 10:05 AM
What happened? You are the same guy I talked to in Oscars, right? (I have the Turbo Grand Prix)

SlowStee
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Picture this...Your parents pick your car up for you, they dont make it 2 miles before its spitting transmission fluid, and coolant all over the road....The transmission STOPS shifting....

Thats right, BIG3 managed to trash a Transmission LESS than a few months old (fresh from kilpatricks)...And then continue to tell him, that it's HIS fault...even though they drove the car into the shop with the transmission 100%

I heard This Forest dipshit didnt even bother to test drive the car after he finished it :confused...Ill let paul tell you guys what he wants...

Who knows if its even a 383 right now :confused

I just hope Big3 makes things right...If its even possible now

97z2801ss
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Well that business is outta the question for everyone even if they fix it.. :chair:

T-Bag
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM
I hope this is being reported to the BBB. This guy needs to get shut down.

TraNs_aM
07-14-2005, 08:17 PM
ya the car they are talking about thats at kilpatricks is mine. Big 3 built it and now i'm having kilpatricks most likely rebuild it again.

SLOWC5
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
I said it before I'll say it again,

I'll put my car and my skills with I'm sure a few other LS1 nuts on here against anything they can put out of the so called company

sorry for your misfortune

JEFF

sriddccrocks
07-14-2005, 09:00 PM
kilapatrick did my tranny, 20k and it was shot, so big 3 isnt the only one who does shitty jobs, maybe i just got a bad one, not sure....

did i mention, my cars not beat!!

SlowStee
07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
kilapatrick did my tranny, 20k and it was shot, so big 3 isnt the only one who does shitty jobs, maybe i just got a bad one, not sure....

did i mention, my cars not beat!!
Ive recommended Kilpatricks to more than a few people, and will continue to..

Im a satisfied custumer :)

TraNs_aM
07-15-2005, 03:15 AM
kilpatricks did nothing wrong with the transmission it ran perfectly fine when i DROVE it there and it was fine the whole first 2 weeks Big 3 had it and even the first time he test drove it, the only thign he said when he brought it back from test driving it was that the engine was overheating and said nothing about the transmission i doubt kilpatricks would do **** work on cars, also your transmission isn't industructiable just becuz it was rebuilt, if you beat on it its going to go after 20k

awsomeears
07-15-2005, 04:01 AM
To the few ppl that backed up Big 3 YOU SUCK NUTS :rolf

Ohh yea thats right im a internet troll that knows nothing about them :thumbsup

Either wich way I hope all goes well for the ppl that got boned by big 3

Forest should quit while he is ahead and start a forest logging company or somthing :rolf

Irish
07-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I can't believe that Forrest has the balls to show up at Oscar's!

T-Bag
07-15-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't think he will anymore.

DirtyMax
07-15-2005, 08:37 AM
No Idea what you're talking about. I've never seen this guy at Oscars... :confused :goof

http://www2.filmweb.no/multimedia/archive/00028/Tom_Hanks_i_Forrest__28478a.jpg

SlowStee
07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
20 bucks says he will show up there...I think some of you guys should bring this up to him :)

UnderPSI
07-15-2005, 11:50 AM
:wooo Didnt he build a 383 for you too?

Tom, I wouldn't really call it a motor build. Big three had Kilpatricks do the machine work for them. Normally when you build a motor they have what is called a "block prep package" This includes: baking, blasting, washing, magnufluxing (to check to see if the block is cracked), new freeze plugs and new cam bearings. Forrest declined this saying that he only wanted it bored, honed and decked. He never had the mains align honed for the new crank, used the cam bearings over, never checked to see if the block was cracked, Never even had it hot tank washed. Would probably have been a good idea to have it washed after clearencing the block for the stroker crank, oh well, he probably just sprayed it with brake clean.

As for the Transmission, when you install a torque convertor on to a transmission you fill the convertor with trans fluid, then place the convertor on the input shaft of the trans and rotate the convetor back and forth untill it seats three seperate times. Big 3 failed to do this just placing the convertor on the imput shaft and tried to bolt the trans in sucking it togeather with the trans bolts. By doing this many things can and did go wrong. For example...The convetor was pushing the pump in the trans back and shaved a bunch a metal off of it which in turn was pumped through the trans killing all the bands and clutches and compleatly ruining the pump now the trans need a complete rebuild and a new front pump and convertor. Also, there is a good chance the bellhousing broke or cracked when they sucked the engine to the trans. Another thing, It puts alot of stress on the flexplate and crank bearings because it pushes the crank forward in the block. there is a good chance the main bearings are junk now.

The whole reason for the longest post i have ever made is to warn everyone about this shops work, they may do a good job on something but all that i have seen shows how much experience they lack in the car building department. Forrest may be a good guy, but he is no car mechanic.

Ask the guy with the firebird to pop his hood some time if you want to see the quality work he does. It is like one of those find the hundred things wrong with this picture games.

To the guy with the Firebird, if you need helping strightening anything out I can give you a hand and lend you my shop for free.

Kbye

Syclone0044
07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
What???!!! I thought I knew how bad a shop could F@#% something up, but I've just been blown away. Who the hell installs a stroker crank during a rebuild and then skips half the NORMAL machining steps? Can you say "Half-Ass"? They didn't even check the block?? Brad, do you know, did Kilpatrick's think that was a totally absurd request for a customer to make? Who re-uses bearings??? WTF :confused

And the converter deal is Flabbergasting.. anyone that's EVER installed a torque converter has seen on EVERY website, Every instruction sheet etc., they all have dire warnings about properly seating the converter on the input shaft because the risk of damage is so serious if you fail to get it fully seated. I have installed 2 or 3 converters (and trannies) and always triple-checked this step (at minimum) due to the cost of getting it wrong. I haven't ever got it wrong but I imagine if you did, when you start to tighten the bellhousing bolts to bring the tranny to the block, you would feel it jam tight and you'd have to really crank the frickin bolts to jam the converter into the pump. Just STINKS of pure sloppy-ass hack work. Was this the FIRST engine R&R/build he's EVER done??

Unfortunately if the converter did jam and break the pump that tranny is f#*&ing ruined.. I would be seeing stars right about now... :flipoff2:

Good luck to those involved and may justice eventually be served!!

97z2801ss
07-15-2005, 12:15 PM
BRad right? I herd the same thing as just posted! and Don isnt going to build a crappy trans.... hes really good!

Teufelhunden
07-15-2005, 12:25 PM
No Idea what you're talking about. I've never seen this guy at Oscars... :confused :goof

http://www2.filmweb.no/multimedia/archive/00028/Tom_Hanks_i_Forrest__28478a.jpg

:rolf That was and good one! :rolf

RUN FOREST RUN beotch

Crawlin
07-15-2005, 12:43 PM
where's all these 500hp Vette's he's speaking of?

UnderPSI
07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I forgot one of the best parts, Forrest told Jim (the owner of kilpatricks) that he doubled the horsepower of the LT1 and now it makes 600hp. Not really sure where he got that number from.

Josh, Jim wasn't sure what to think when Forrest wanted to have work done on the block with out first checking it and doing a prep.

As far as Kilpatricks Trannies I am running one right now, a 4L60 and I am making more than 500hp and I haven't had any problems with it.

-Brad

HITMAN
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
He never had the mains align honed for the new crank...

As for the Transmission, when you install a torque convertor on to a transmission you fill the convertor with trans fluid, then place the convertor on the input shaft of the trans and rotate the convetor back and forth untill it seats three seperate times. Big 3 failed to do this just placing the convertor on the imput shaft and tried to bolt the trans in sucking it togeather with the trans bolts.

:wooo

97z2801ss
07-15-2005, 01:52 PM
I forgot one of the best parts, Forrest told Jim (the owner of kilpatricks) that he doubled the horsepower of the LT1 and now it makes 600hp. Not really sure where he got that number from.

Josh, Jim wasn't sure what to think when Forrest wanted to have work done on the block with out first checking it and doing a prep.

As far as Kilpatricks Trannies I am running one right now, a 4L60 and I am making more than 500hp and I haven't had any problems with it.

-Brad

Dons my teacher he built my 4l60e too!! :thumbsup

awsomeears
07-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Id rather trust this guy to build a motor

http://users.senet.com.au/~rfrancis/oils/images/exit_d1.jpg

TraNs_aM
07-16-2005, 03:42 AM
this is kinda interesting Brad knows more about my car then i do? :( i really have no clue what actually happend but obvisously i can't just drive it after the tranny gets done, more work has to be done to this motor before it will even run right. i've been without my car for 2 months now and i'm very much doubting i'll get it back before winter comes and it will have to be put away. :( lets just pray it all works out hey?

SloFarmTruck
07-16-2005, 09:51 AM
this is kinda interesting Brad knows more about my car then i do? :( i really have no clue what actually happend but obvisously i can't just drive it after the tranny gets done, more work has to be done to this motor before it will even run right. i've been without my car for 2 months now and i'm very much doubting i'll get it back before winter comes and it will have to be put away. :( lets just pray it all works out hey?

It is funny since word of mouth travels very far, especially in our car circle. Just his way of looking out for everyone. Not trying to ruin anybody, but disshonesty doesnt last very long especially when there is alot of money involved. I also hope that forrest and big3 realize they should not be working on cars!!! I wish you luck with your car, and like brad says if you ever need any help just ask we will be more than happy to help you. :thumbsup

sriddccrocks
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
also your transmission isn't industructiable just becuz it was rebuilt, if you beat on it its going to go after 20k

the car wasnt beat, my dad bought the car about 5 years ago with a bad tranny, had it rebuuilt, my mom drove it to last summer, and the car is parked in winter, my mom is a grandma driver, so 20k is kind of rough, we usually take our work to transmission jims out on brookhill road, but i guess at the time he could not work on it. but isnt it nice, my dad sells me the car when the tranny goes bad :rolleyes:

pOrk
07-20-2005, 07:08 PM
It is funny since word of mouth travels very far, especially in our car circle. Just his way of looking out for everyone. Not trying to ruin anybody, but disshonesty doesnt last very long especially when there is alot of money involved. I also hope that forrest and big3 realize they should not be working on cars!!! I wish you luck with your car, and like brad says if you ever need any help just ask we will be more than happy to help you. :thumbsup

No badmouthing of shops, if you have a problem with them then go talk to them about it. Wow, two seconds of searching and I can already see how two faced you are :rolleyes:

Pantera99GS
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
No badmouthing of shops, if you have a problem with them then go talk to them about it. Wow, two seconds of searching and I can already see how two faced you are :rolleyes:

Actually *I* said you should go talk to them about it. Why won't you? I have no affiliation with them btw- don't really care. Just seems like you do a lot of bitching but no actual action?

pOrk
07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Actually *I* said you should go talk to them about it. Why won't you? I have no affiliation with them btw- don't really care. Just seems like you do a lot of bitching but no actual action?

I posted on here to get an answer, I dont have the time to drive out to their shop to ask why they install things the way they do. I do however have a few minutes throughout the day to get online and type, and I am aware they have friends here and have posted here before. Thats why I typed it here.

I dont see ANYONE bitching about the guys that f'ed up this guys motor, but when I bring something up Under PSI and SlowFarmTruck get their panties in a bunch.

SloFarmTruck
07-21-2005, 02:00 AM
I posted on here to get an answer, I dont have the time to drive out to their shop to ask why they install things the way they do. I do however have a few minutes throughout the day to get online and type, and I am aware they have friends here and have posted here before. Thats why I typed it here.

I dont see ANYONE bitching about the guys that f'ed up this guys motor, but when I bring something up Under PSI and SlowFarmTruck get their panties in a bunch.

Hey fu(kstick The ONLY reason that all of this is being posted about on this forum is the simple fact that this forest fella is trying to promote his business all over oscars/hwy/anywhere he can. To our members, it's more than obvious that almost everyone on this board knows of him and his "sales tactics". People should be warned of this guy. Other shops are not whoring themselves out in the same manner. and therefore there is no reason to badmouth them. It seems to me that the other shop you keep refferring to's only customers with complaints are freinds/associates of yours. Funny how that works. GET OVER IT AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Pantera99GS
07-21-2005, 08:07 AM

So if somebody was unsatisfied with your work and instead of going straight back to you they went online and just did a lot of complaining you wouldn't be upset? Seems to me the more responsible way to conduct yourself would be to directly contact them- you seem to know what you're talking about- maybe you don't have time to drive there, but I'm sure they have a phone? I know that when I have friends/relatives who've gotten dicked over with computer things I contact the business directly to get more information before coming on to a public forum.

pOrk
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey fu(kstick The ONLY reason that all of this is being posted about on this forum is the simple fact that this forest fella is trying to promote his business all over oscars/hwy/anywhere he can. To our members, it's more than obvious that almost everyone on this board knows of him and his "sales tactics". People should be warned of this guy. Other shops are not whoring themselves out in the same manner. and therefore there is no reason to badmouth them. It seems to me that the other shop you keep refferring to's only customers with complaints are freinds/associates of yours. Funny how that works. GET OVER IT AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

And now the name calling starts, your a real class act :thumbsup

Read what you said, wait I'll make it simple for you "People should be warned of this guy"

I have seen 4 vehicles now that have had problems, ONE of the owners happens to be my friend. I met him recently, the work was done last winter sometime. Long before I met him. The other guy, Ryan, I have known and seen at the shows. I guess he can be considered a friend, so sure two of teh guys are friends. The other two vehicles / owners I have met withen the last two weeks.

You should be a detective :loser

pOrk
07-21-2005, 09:03 PM
So if somebody was unsatisfied with your work and instead of going straight back to you they went online and just did a lot of complaining you wouldn't be upset? Seems to me the more responsible way to conduct yourself would be to directly contact them- you seem to know what you're talking about- maybe you don't have time to drive there, but I'm sure they have a phone? I know that when I have friends/relatives who've gotten dicked over with computer things I contact the business directly to get more information before coming on to a public forum.

I think you missed the part where I said they have an employee that posts on these boards. THAT is why I posted it here. Also, EVERYONE needs to be warned that Project Two DOES NOT do every ride as well as the FEW they are famous for. If you havent yet, read the three threads I have started in the flame forum. One is bashing P2, which I didn't intend on doing but I knew it would get UnderPSI fired up, in which it was a success :banana

Pantera99GS
07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I think you missed the part where I said they have an employee that posts on these boards. THAT is why I posted it here. Also, EVERYONE needs to be warned that Project Two DOES NOT do every ride as well as the FEW they are famous for. If you havent yet, read the three threads I have started in the flame forum. One is bashing P2, which I didn't intend on doing but I knew it would get UnderPSI fired up, in which it was a success :banana

How often does he post on here? I've seen exactly ONE post from them. Common sense would tell you that if you *actually* wanted to contact them about this issue, any one of these would work: email them at their site, phone call, or actually go visit. Your issue with UnderPSI and Slowfarmtruck has NOTHING to do with your inability to do the right thing and contact Project Two directly. I see only excuses- man up or shut up.