PDA

View Full Version : Fun stuff..... my scooter

theavenger333
07-11-2005, 03:09 AM
so i got one of those electric powered scooters awhile back for free, its one of the VERY early models before the scooter craze went nuts. its one of these (http://www.zapworld.com/products/zappy_scooter.asp) but this is the first model and is less powerful to start with. the frame is very strong, but the little electric motor is worn out, plus only has a rating of like 200 lbs which makes me outta luck for a fun ride even when i am in shape. i got ahold of a weedwhacker motor that runs great for like 5 bucks... and am planning to mount it to this scooter and kick ass. anyone have some experience with this type of thing? i'm sure i can figure it out eventually but i also can't seem to find anything useful online either despite searches. i know i'll need to get osme sort of like sproket/"driveshaft" fabbed up but i'm just looking for some advice/pointers. and yes i'll post pics as i start messsing with it more.

Poncho
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
get a civic motor in there. it's about the same size. :thumbsup

Car Guy
07-11-2005, 07:38 PM
get a civic motor in there. it's about the same size. :thumbsup

Now that's funny.....!!!

awsomeears
07-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Go to ACE or True Value and go in there nuts and bolts section, around there you will see those deep drawers with odd's n' Ends.

Springs, clips , clickers, cotter pins ect. ect.

There are sprockets in there somewhere :thumbsup just look.

Find out what chain # it is. Search on google for a chart reference on whats # is what, mesure each link by the pin.

The only problem you WILL run into is the CLUTCH issue. Those shafts are small as hell and well the only clutch is the one on there.

Either you weld a sprocket on there and have a Dirrect Drive thing going on or who knows :wooo

If you have it Dirrect Drive you can start it by coasting :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Any other questions ask cuz I used to putz with small engines 24/7 back in the day :wow

lotsals1
07-12-2005, 10:36 PM
weed whacker motors are week as hell --lmao i see this fat kid rideing one every day past my shop "gee wonder why he's so fat" but that sucker is screaming trying to move that lard ass -i want one of those razor elec. crotch rocket wannabee's and pop my old yz 50 motor on it :headbang
now that will be fun or my emergency saw motor - :banana

theavenger333
07-13-2005, 12:01 AM
well yeah weed whackers are annoying as hell to listen to and they run at high rpms the whole time. i got it all for less than 15 bucks (the other 5 was a leaf blower) so it'll be fun to try to see if i can make it work