PDA

View Full Version : I dislike cops!!But got a break I guess.

Silver03SRT
07-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Well last night on my way home from summerfest the cops pull me over and says sounds like you took your mufflers off. I have the maxxfab 3" side exit with resonator. I told him my car comes stock with no mufflers. So he goes to his car comes back about 20min later and says get out of the car. I do and he asked me how much i had to drink. I told him 1 beer. He said your eyes are bloodshot how much have you had to smoke i told him nothing. Then he asked can anyone else drive home i said no. So i had to do a sobriety test on the side of the road. I do that pass of course and he is like well your exhaust is illegal but im not going to give you a ticket just be carefull. He let me go. What a little bastard. He just wanted to see if i was drunk.

Lash
07-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I've never heard of anybody admitting to the cop that they had a drink and get away with no tickets. Nice cop though.

That must have been your car that I saw at the ridge on tuesday :D.

Silver03SRT
07-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Ya must have been. It was probably dirty because I didnt wash it after i drove home from up north.dam bugs.

Silver03SRT
07-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Well. I just think its bs that he used the excuess for my exhaust. If he pulled me over for that he should have given me a ticket for that. If he pulled me over because he thought i was drinking he should have told me that right off the bat. I wasnt serving or speeding he was just bored and had nothing to do so he decided to mess with me. I guess his attitude is what got me mad.

wikked
07-08-2005, 08:24 PM
You were coming home from Summerbreast... what did you expect? :goof
Look at alllllll those parking spaces... how many of them will be drinking then driving? :)

Car Guy
07-08-2005, 08:30 PM
That's how they get you, just a reason to pull you over and then they can ask ?'s. Personally I have found that playing stupid with vehicle modifications works good most times, I just say “I bought it like that”. As far as drinking is concerned if your not completely wasted (in which you shouldn't be driving in the first place!!!), just be honest about it. Police don't like it when you lie to them, and if you do most times they'll find out the truth anyway.......

Pantera99GS
07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
What a little bastard. He just wanted to see if i was drunk.

So its a bad thing that he's trying to pull over drunk drivers?

Yooformula
07-08-2005, 09:21 PM
<rant mode>

Hold on. You really have no reason to get pissed.

He pulled you over for exhuast but saw reason to ask if you were drinking. You admit to it, like a good honest person so he gives you a test and you pass. He lets you go but your pissed at him?!?! WTF did I miss? He does his job and lets you go but you still find a reason to be pissed :confused

I would be happy as poo if I got let go even though I admitted to having a drink, which is NOT illegal btw, but then to also not get an equipment ticket which is what he pulled you over for is a GOOD NIGHT!

Wow, dammed if you do, dammed if you dont. I guess 90% of the people here should be thankfull that they arent cops and might have to actually do a job or help people.

<rant mode done>

Poncho
07-09-2005, 01:54 AM
I seriously wanna get a SRT-4 JUST so I can get pulled over for loud exhaust.

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 01:54 AM
You cop lovers are all sheep.

theavenger333
07-09-2005, 01:56 AM
over 75% of warrants are captured and parole violators are caught due to routine traffic stops..... tailights out, etc. its their job and if you're stupid enough to have something like that out then sucks for you. BTW, i'm not saying your stupid by any means, but he had every right to pull you over. just think, what if someone stole your SRT4... they get pulled over for the exhaust as an excuse, they get caught... end of story

nismodave
07-09-2005, 02:54 AM

A FOCKEN MEN. :headbang

Yooformula
07-09-2005, 04:12 AM

:rolleyes: WTF ever. I guess growing up has its perks, like not being so narrow minded. I swear you cop haters must have gotten broomsticks jammed up yer asses as kids huh. "Everyone hates cops until they need one."

:thumbsup :shades

u_say_go
07-09-2005, 07:59 AM
you hit the nail on the head Yoo! :thumbsup

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Baaaaah! Baaaaaaaaaaah! Baaaaaaaaah!
http://www.advocatesforanimals.org.uk/campaigns/farmed/sheep/images/lamb.jpg

Yooformula
07-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey now, my hair is a bit darker than that :chair:

Larry99TA
07-09-2005, 04:19 PM
In May of 1981 I had three members of my family killed by a drunk driver, My aunt, her daughter, and 3 month old grandson. Believe me, it would have been nice if a Police Officer would have pulled her over earlier.

Silver03SRT
07-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I was just pissed because he treated me like i killed someone. I wasnt swearving or speeding. I was driving normal. I dont mind that he was checking for drunk drivers just say that is the reason he pulled me over. Most of the time if they pull you over for your exhaust or speeding they are goign to either give you a ticket or a written warning. If i would have gotten an exhaust ticket i wouldnt have minded but making me look stupid and having my friend call me up asking me why i was standing on 1 foot with the cops in front of me is a little ebarrassing. The cop streotyped my car and just wanted to mess with me. My brother was killed by a drunk driver about 3 blocks from where he pulled me over.

Silver03SRT
07-09-2005, 04:46 PM
In May of 1981 I had three members of my family killed by a drunk driver, My aunt, her daughter, and 3 month old grandson. Believe me, it would have been nice if a Police Officer would have pulled her over earlier.
Sorry to hear about your loss. But sometimes its not always nice having the cop pull over a drunk driver because they dont always pull over. Thats how my brother was killed. The guy ran from east troy to milwaukee. The cop never called for backup or never said that she was going on a chase. Never asked for permission to chase in another county. I feel that if the officer wouldnt have chased my brother would still be here.

u_say_go
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Silver03SRT,
How old are you?

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey now, my hair is a bit darker than that :chair:
http://plus.maths.org/issue30/features/wilson/blacksheep_dhd.jpg

Happy?

:goof

UnderPSI
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
http://plus.maths.org/issue30/features/wilson/blacksheep_dhd.jpg

Happy?

:goof

You still have pictures of your Ex's

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 08:28 PM

My condolences for your loss, and while not trying to make light of your situation or seem insensitive, perhaps if the officer assigned to the area hadn't been writing some poor schlub a defective muffler ticket or a citation for not coming to a complete stop at some deserted intersection or ratchet-jawing in a parking lot with one of his/her fellow brothers-in-blue, he/she would have been around to actually enforce a law that doesn't generate income for his/her jurisdiction. You see, that is what most traffic enforcement is, another way for a government to tax it's citizens.

I don't dislike all traffic cops, just the clowns with nothing better to do than make their city/county/state some more money and have an attitude while doing it. The selective way they go about their business irritates me to no end. You drive a car that the officer doesn't like, a citation is warranted because you have poor taste, in the officer's opinion. You have a bumper-sticker that bugs our hero, you're getting a ticket. Officer Killjoy doesn't like your two-day old beard growth, somebody had better be shaved when he shows up for his court date. These are some hypothetical examples of course, but I could quote you some real life ones if I felt like boring you to tears. I could also regale you with tales about some of the guys I went to high-school with that became some of Oak Creek's finest, but we probably all know of some guy that got picked on for being a geek and now has a badge that lets him get even with the world for his sorry-assed teenage years.

Yes, some traffic cops are truly professional and deserve to wear that badge and carry all of the responsibility that comes with it. It's a thankless job and I wouldn't want it for anything. My beef is with the ones that don't act professional and should be emptying garbage cans, instead.

I grudgingly salute the true professionals, as for the rest...:flipoff2:

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 08:31 PM
You still have pictures of my Ex's

Yep, got some of your "kids" too...
http://www.waytome.com/kids2.jpg
:rolf

UnderPSI
07-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Thats pretty funny.

HITMAN
07-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Thats pretty funny.

I try. :)

Silver03SRT
07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Silver03SRT,
How old are you?
I am 21. Why do you ask???

srt4eh
07-11-2005, 12:32 AM
don't worry - i got pulled over for my exhaust too. defective muffler/no muffler. BUT I even added a 16" dynomax muffler when there were none. :wow Guess I gotta go fight it

Syclone0044
07-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Thats pretty funny. Yeah, but not as funny as the time someone was arguing with HITMAN about how hard their good buddy works, to which HITMAN quickly replied "Yeah, and I'll bet he has to work even harder with a guy like YOU swinging from his nuts.." :rolf My all time favorite!! :goof

Back on topic - I've gotten this same bum deal before. Late at night, cops looking for someone to bust, I get followed/harassed/pulled over etc. A lot of that had to do with when I would drive through a small (25,000 pop.) town late at night in a car with dark windows (there's the profile). Cops would even make up speeds 7MPH over what I was actually going (seen the cop the whole time so I was sure), just to check out what I was doing and then tell me how they decided to "give me a break this time". :rolleyes:

Anyways more recently I got followed once around 11PM in the country-side and the cop is getting right on my ass, I'm expecting to get pulled over any second, I go over a hill and his headlights are blazing right in my rearview since he's so close (Isn't it illegal to follow THAT close?) and I cant even see the road. To make things worse, after the next hill 2 deer jump out in front of me so I hit the brakes and thought he was gonna rear end me. Then I finally make a left turn onto a highway and he doesnt have his turn signal on....

...until he makes a late turn with no turn signal 5 seconds later and pops on the Blue/Red and pulls me over! Comes up and says "You know why I pulled you over?" and I said "No, honestly I'm not sure." He says "You been drinking tonight?" I'm like "No Sir, not at all" (the truth). He says "Yeah - I seen you driving, you were swerving all over the road back there, and hitting the brakes for no reason!" I said "Uh, you were following really close, and your headlights were blinding my vision. You didn't see the deer?" He says "Nope." I can tell this guy's not impressed with what I'm saying.

Well he checks my license/record and comes back only 2 minutes later and now he's apologizing up and down. "Well sir I'm real sorry about pulling ya over, I can see there's no problem here, we just want to make sure there's no drunk drivers at this time of night. I apologize for wasting your time tonight." (I just about shlt myself at that point.) Then he looks down at my truck and he goes "Hmm, I remember hearing about these. Are these the ones with a 350?" I say "No, Turbo V6 actually! Would you like to take a look under the hood?" :D He seemed pretty interested so I gave him a quick look and then I was thinking maybe it's not such a hot idea showing him my engine modifications so I said I had to get going and that was that!

:banana

SRT4ME
07-11-2005, 01:29 PM
My condolences for your loss, and while not trying to make light of your situation or seem insensitive, perhaps if the officer assigned to the area hadn't been writing some poor schlub a defective muffler ticket or a citation for not coming to a complete stop at some deserted intersection or ratchet-jawing in a parking lot with one of his/her fellow brothers-in-blue, he/she would have been around to actually enforce a law that doesn't generate income for his/her jurisdiction. You see, that is what most traffic enforcement is, another way for a government to tax it's citizens.

I don't dislike all traffic cops, just the clowns with nothing better to do than make their city/county/state some more money and have an attitude while doing it. The selective way they go about their business irritates me to no end. You drive a car that the officer doesn't like, a citation is warranted because you have poor taste, in the officer's opinion. You have a bumper-sticker that bugs our hero, you're getting a ticket. Officer Killjoy doesn't like your two-day old beard growth, somebody had better be shaved when he shows up for his court date. These are some hypothetical examples of course, but I could quote you some real life ones if I felt like boring you to tears. I could also regale you with tales about some of the guys I went to high-school with that became some of Oak Creek's finest, but we probably all know of some guy that got picked on for being a geek and now has a badge that lets him get even with the world for his sorry-assed teenage years.

Yes, some traffic cops are truly professional and deserve to wear that badge and carry all of the responsibility that comes with it. It's a thankless job and I wouldn't want it for anything. My beef is with the ones that don't act professional and should be emptying garbage cans, instead.

I grudgingly salute the true professionals, as for the rest...:flipoff2:

Good post!

And Eddie, when's that court date, again? Cause you need to pick up that paperwork I've got regarding the SRT-4's factory muffler-less exhaust...I'd hate to see that BS ticket stick. :fire What a hick cop just out to write a ticket! I still to this day can't believe I got issued one for my fresh off the show-room floor 03 "neon" :punch:
It was almost comical. Trying to explain/reason with that pig was actually making him angry at me, too. Un-flippin-believable! :flipoff2:
But a hearty salute to all law enforcement that DOES enforce the laws and aren't so quick to assume things that they really know nothing about.
Guilty until proven innocent, and that's a sad fact.
-Jason

Silver03SRT
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Ya tell me about it. Standing on one foot counting to 30 on the side of national ave. having cars drive by and say you f'ing drunk makes it all the more hard to keep focused. It was hard enough sober.

u_say_go
07-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I am 21. Why do you ask???

it's obvious your young- you're pissin' and moaning about a cop doing his job. This message board is filling up with young kids crying the blues when they get pulled over or "harrassed" by cops.
You're opinion of them will change when you get older.

u_say_go
07-13-2005, 10:27 AM
It was almost comical. Trying to explain/reason with that pig was actually making him angry at me, too. Un-flippin-believable! :flipoff2:
But a hearty salute to all law enforcement that DOES enforce the laws and aren't so quick to assume things that they really know nothing about.
-Jason

this is why cops pull out their clubs and beat the s**t out of dumba$$ kids like you. You should know that you arent going to reason with a cop- take your ticket like a man, if you think you're in the right, show up at court and prove your case.

Silver03SRT
07-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I dont think my idea of cops will ever change there are always going to be cops that mess with people for no reason. I was upset that he wasted my time for no reason. I bet you are like 25 and think you are old. Sorry i am only 21 im not as cool as you are.

Silver03SRT
07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
this is why cops pull out their clubs and beat the s**t out of dumba$$ kids like you. You should know that you arent going to reason with a cop- take your ticket like a man, if you think you're in the right, show up at court and prove your case.
why should he take a day off work miss out on X amount of dollars because a cop wanted to be a badass. Maybe you can show up in court because you dont have a real job but most people wouldnt bother. If i had a ticket for something like that i would just pay it because i would miss out on more money going to court than the ticket is worth.

Syclone0044
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
why should he take a day off work miss out on X amount of dollars because a cop wanted to be a badass. Maybe you can show up in court because you dont have a real job but most people wouldnt bother. If i had a ticket for something like that i would just pay it because i would miss out on more money going to court than the ticket is worth.
If you got a ticket and feel it was undeserved, just paying it basically sends them the message that you fully accept and agree to their charges and you admit your guilt. If it was a bogus ticket, IMO you owe it to yourself to show up and contest it, regardless of getting off work. I know I would (and have, in the past.) If the ticket was for something you got caught red-handed doing and you stand to can't get off work to argue it, well thats something else.

u_say_go
07-13-2005, 02:41 PM
FYI, I'm 32..and I do have a job, been with the same company for 13 years. So, back to the point of you being a crybaby 21 year old.....quit whining about the cops- like syclone said, if you truely believe that you did nothing to deserve the ticket, take it to court. A cop's job is to enforce the laws, a judge will decide who's right or wrong. There's nothing more to debate here. If you get pulled over for "no reason" stand up to the cop, instead of crying to people who really dont give a s**t about your petty problems, take it up with the officer- square off with him and duke it out, tough guy. :D

Silver03SRT
07-13-2005, 09:08 PM
FYI, I'm 32..and I do have a job, been with the same company for 13 years. So, back to the point of you being a crybaby 21 year old.....quit whining about the cops- like syclone said, if you truely believe that you did nothing to deserve the ticket, take it to court. A cop's job is to enforce the laws, a judge will decide who's right or wrong. There's nothing more to debate here. If you get pulled over for "no reason" stand up to the cop, instead of crying to people who really dont give a s**t about your petty problems, take it up with the officer- square off with him and duke it out, tough guy. :D
umm ok cause thats smart. i will ask my uncle how well that would go over with the judge if i fight a cop. jk i know your being sarcastic. the point is that cops just mess with people because they are bored. there are all sorts of drug dealers and what not but they dont want to get their hands dirty and actually do work. well some that is. alot do their job and do it well.

383Firebird
07-14-2005, 12:24 AM
It's dumb ignorant people like you that ruin it for alot of other people. Everyone you run into can tell you one prick cop story or another. Anytime someone has a job that goes against people there's always complaints. You say they should be dealing with drug dealers? If drug dealers stood in the middle of places like hwy 100 and dealt right in the median I'm sure they would. But since a large portion of younger drivers street race and drive like dumbasses the cops are out doing there jobs and giving tickets for things that are illegal. Some things like exhaust tickets are lame as hell, but the cop didn't make the law. Don't shoot the messenger so to speak. So yeah there is dirty cops, yeah there is prick cops, yeah there is cops that think their authority makes them better than everyone, but 90% of them aren't that way. It's dumbasses like you that run your mouth about them and you couldn't even last a week in their job. I've had plenty of tickets, some are for dumb reasons some are for good reasons, but all were ILLEGAL whether I like it or not and I just faced up to it.

Silver03SRT
07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
What do i ruin for other people??? Being able to have an aftermarket exhaust.
No one ever said anything about hwy so whats your point. I rarely go to hwy only when i want to get food at bw3's or something like that. Ask anyone I know i never race on the streets so dont go trying to make me look like some stupid punk kid. I was stating how I felt about getting pulled over and the cop was a complete prick. He must have had a bad night oh well now im over it. So anyway answear my question what do i ruin for everyone.

383Firebird
07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
People with shitty attitudes like you piss off cops and give them the feeling that most "younger" people are just punk ass kids and they take the same feeling towards other people driving sport compact cars and younger drivers of fixed up cars. Instead of claiming what you know from maybe a run in with a police officer here or there you may want to ask a police officer how they feel about young people with shitty attitudes and how that affects the next young person they run into. And talking about the highway was just an example that most people complain about. I didn't say you were a street racer or you live at the hwy, I was just using it to make a point. I don't even know you so it is hard to judge people online so I may have taken your posts the wrong way, then again I'm not the only one going against what you said, but you seem to show a shitty attitude.

srt4eh
07-14-2005, 08:04 PM
i'm a punk kid and proud of it :banana

srt4eh
07-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Good post!

And Eddie, when's that court date, again? Cause you need to pick up that paperwork I've got regarding the SRT-4's factory muffler-less exhaust...I'd hate to see that BS ticket stick. :fire What a hick cop just out to write a ticket! I still to this day can't believe I got issued one for my fresh off the show-room floor 03 "neon" :punch:
-Jason

the 21st......i guess he really had nothing better to do than ask me a silly question like, "Why is your car louder than mine?" Well - maybe cuz this is a performance car :headbang

Silver03SRT
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
People with shitty attitudes like you piss off cops and give them the feeling that most "younger" people are just punk ass kids and they take the same feeling towards other people driving sport compact cars and younger drivers of fixed up cars. Instead of claiming what you know from maybe a run in with a police officer here or there you may want to ask a police officer how they feel about young people with shitty attitudes and how that affects the next young person they run into. And talking about the highway was just an example that most people complain about. I didn't say you were a street racer or you live at the hwy, I was just using it to make a point. I don't even know you so it is hard to judge people online so I may have taken your posts the wrong way, then again I'm not the only one going against what you said, but you seem to show a shitty attitude.
Well no i didnt give the cop a shitty attuitude. I was very polite with him. Pissing him off wont help out anything. I told him the truth about everything. I just thought it was lame that he used that excuess to pull me over. I guess i see your point about hwy but whoever goes up there knows the risks it comes with.

SRT4ME
07-15-2005, 01:18 AM

Wow, you're a smart cookie. That's exactly what I did...went to the dealership, got proof that it's the cars factory exhaust, went to the police station, got told sorry, but u still need to show up on your court date with it, and did. Good job being an ass in your post, though.
And based on your posts, I'm more of a man than you'll ever be. Try having the balls to at least put your birthday in your profile before you call people you don't know dumba$$ kids. :punch:
-Jason

u_say_go
07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
you want to know my birthdate? 6-26-73 Now go buy me a present :flipoff2:

Silver03SRT
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
I will buy you a spoon so you can eat my ass. :rolf JK. Well you didnt get me anything for my birthday. 6-9-84. Maybe we can go to the bar and i will buy you a drink. :alcoholic

u_say_go
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
:rolf dat was a good one!

Silver03SRT
07-18-2005, 09:14 PM
ehh i try. it was the first thing that came to mind. on a positive note i caught a muskie tonite. :headbang

u_say_go
07-19-2005, 08:27 AM
big one? where at? what do they say about muskies....people catch them once every 10,000 casts or something.

Silver03SRT
07-19-2005, 11:35 AM
big one? where at? what do they say about muskies....people catch them once every 10,000 casts or something.
Well it wasnt that big only 32". Ya we caught it trolling on pewaukee so its not that hard. So far the biggest one this year is 38". Going again tonite to see if we can get another one.