PDA

View Full Version : anyone else annoyed by some crotchrockets?

PB86MCSS
07-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I'll try and avoid making a widesweeping generalization, I have a couple friends who ride and are(somewhat) normal ;). But it seems whenever I see a bunch riding in packs or groups most times they drive like total jackasses. Today is a fine example, this afternoon after coming down hwy 100 around Mayfair mall there is 5-6 guys taking up all three lanes of traffic, going 40(at best) in a 40 zone. Needless to say traffic is backing up behind them. Finally one slows down in the right lane and I go around the other guys around 45-50....then surely they speed up to me and a bit later on one gives me a look as they pass by(I was about to switch to the left lane but saw them speed up pretty quickly and stayed in the center). I never made a motion or even looked at them nor got too close. What gives? Again, most seem ok but there seems to be way too many who act like jackasses and think they are hot **** when riding. :loser :rolleyes:

Crawlin
07-03-2005, 09:31 PM
but there seems to be way too many who act like jackasses and think they are hot **** when riding. :loser :rolleyes:

Yep, exactly the reason why most of us got out of that hobby, or at the very least distanced ourselves from the hwy100 crowd. oh well, they'll go down. i particularly like all the people buying Gixxer1000's or even a 750, R1, ZX-whatever, blah blah blah as their first bike. Then you look at the rear tire and it's flat spotted because they barely take corners. ******* chicken stripes are 3" wide on a bike meant for the glorious twisties :) that's your typical hwy100 rider. if the chicken stripe is wider than my thumb, i wouldn't ride with them. some may think of it as stupid, but you'd realize why if you ever were in a pack out by holy hill.

GTSLOW
07-03-2005, 10:04 PM
But it seems whenever I see a bunch riding in packs or groups most times they drive like total jackasses. :

I agree :thumbsup

b4mytm
07-03-2005, 10:58 PM
How about the idiots that park behind your car at Oscars.Even though there are plenty of actual spots available.
This has happened to me now twice in the last month or so.They will make every effort they can to not move out of the way so that you can leave :flipoff2:

awsomeears
07-03-2005, 11:45 PM
I rode in 2001 and 2002 and everyone besides a few were Normal, yea some times a wheelie is pulled up or speeding but thats what motor cycles are about :goof

Its like making a fire work you cant lite off.............. It's not going to happen.

After awhile I just rode by myself or rode with my buddy Jay. I still see some of the meat heads I rode with today and 1st focking thing they say is " YOU GET A BIKE YET " :rolf

Blah Blah Blah I did a wheelie Blah Blah Blah.

And most of them drive like a$$holes :stare

fireguyrick
07-04-2005, 12:09 AM
This is to funny. My mother is a MSF instructor at LTC and teaches the Harley course at House of Harley. She recently had a student that had his liscense, did some stupid stuff, and court made him take the class. After he left he came flying by on his sport bike driving on the handle bars.....mind you this is on Layton by Greenfield HS. What a tool.

Rick

Rocket Power
07-04-2005, 12:17 AM
It's the idiots that make other motorcyclists look bad.

T-Bag
07-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Like most of said....it's the idiots on some of the bikes. I've seen my fair share of assholes and dumbasses. Me and my friends usually ride up by the holy hill area and around eagle as well, ,ocassionally heading to the bike night and brookfield square. yes....we do drive fast sometimes, but hey, what's the point of having one then?

My bike is sold now, I've had enough with it like I do with all my stuff. Got my license while I had it and time to save up for a cruiser for next year :thumbsup

And going with what chris said...it's funny seeing people start out with 750's and up, cause the 3 people I know who started with them, have all totalled them. More than once...in fact one totalled his 750 last year, dumped his 954, and then crashed it again today and messed himself up.

pOrk
07-04-2005, 03:39 AM
How about the idiots that park behind your car at Oscars.Even though there are plenty of actual spots available.
This has happened to me now twice in the last month or so.They will make every effort they can to not move out of the way so that you can leave :flipoff2:

You must be talking about saturday night, that was bullshit. You shoulda ran those idiots over. Couldn't move the bike 2 feet to make it easier for you to get out. Lame part was their was a spot 1 car away from where they were sitting :punch:

Yooformula
07-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Sorry to say I did this but I MADE a group move over one day when they decided to block 4 lanes while they gabbed. After the finger tossing and swearing, I found it surprising none of them wanted to stop and talk about it when I offered :devil . Pretty funny to see how FAST a bike moves when a 6000lb truck is inching in on their lane. :chair:

PB86MCSS
07-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Thats what gets me, it seems like sometimes they think they own the road by taking up all the lanes, etc. I sure don't notice this from Harley drivers, just the select douchebag crotch rocket guys. Just more people I wish I had a big truck to simply plow off the road.

T-Bag
07-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Thats what gets me, it seems like sometimes they think they own the road by taking up all the lanes, etc. I sure don't notice this from Harley drivers, just the select douchebag crotch rocket guys. Just more people I wish I had a big truck to simply plow off the road.

I see it more from harley riders in packs than I do in big rocket packs....but of course I haven't been in every pack too. It's also funny when the harley/chopper guys try to race you thinking their bikes are fast :rolleyes: Even the V-Rod is a giant pushover. Of course their bikes weren't meant to go fast...but some of their perceptions are weird.

SRT4ME
07-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I see it more from harley riders in packs than I do in big rocket packs....but of course I haven't been in every pack too. It's also funny when the harley/chopper guys try to race you thinking their bikes are fast :rolleyes: Even the V-Rod is a giant pushover. Of course their bikes weren't meant to go fast...but some of their perceptions are weird.

x10 If you happen to be driving an SRT-4 "Neon". They already have the (mis)perception that their cruiser is "fast", and then combine that with their (mis)perception that the car next to them is "just" a neon...and watch the ignorance roll! :loser
Good times. :rolf :goof

b4mytm
07-04-2005, 06:36 PM
You must be talking about saturday night, that was bullshit. You shoulda ran those idiots over. Couldn't move the bike 2 feet to make it easier for you to get out. Lame part was their was a spot 1 car away from where they were sitting :punch:

Yup that was Sat. night.I almost did hit one of them :thumbsup I'm not quite sure how they expected me to get out.All I know is I was pissed :fire

nismodave
07-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I dont really have a problem with 95% of cycle riders.

But the times I have been cut off, tailgated, or Behind one doing 55 in the Left hand Freeway lane it is usually by a Harley rider.

Might be because the larger # of Harley riders in town.