PDA

View Full Version : I miss Hales Corner SPEEDWAY ALOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

awsomeears
07-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Who else misses that place ?

I was one of those people that went a few times in the summer on a sat. or to watch the midgets/outlaws or what ever was there .......

The only thing technical I new about the races were the Starting line, yellow light means slow the hell down and the finish line. Other then that I just like to watch them battle for 1st place.

Midgets and OutLaws were the best, those fockers I believe got up to 70 - 80 MPH and the skill that go's into that is UN THINKABLE :wooo

I remember watcing about 20 midgets or so go at it for 24 laps or somthing like that, not one crash :wooo it was just amazing.........

Does anyone know if there will be another Dirt track around us ?

BTW - Where is the closest one to us Now ?

GTSLOW
07-02-2005, 12:30 AM
So what happend to it? Did they tear it apart? Whats there now?

SloFarmTruck
07-02-2005, 12:36 AM
So what happend to it? Did they tear it apart? Whats there now?

I beleive its a Menards now. too many complaints from the local neighbors about noise and other stuff. The owner finally gave up. The next closest I think is Beaver Dam. about an hour and a half north and west.

fly5150
07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Slinger is still racing

GTSLOW
07-02-2005, 12:52 AM
I beleive its a Menards now. too many complaints from the local neighbors about noise and other stuff. The owner finally gave up. The next closest I think is Beaver Dam. about an hour and a half north and west.

Dam that sucks. I remeber when I did the mem day demo with a K-car station wagon! That was fun!!

awsomeears
07-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Slinger is still racing

Ohh yea for sure my buddy races that.

But asphalt isnt my thang at all :goof

Theres nothing better then a dirt track when mofo's are wipping around bashing into one another, lane changing, push shoving ect. ect. you get the point :rolf

Where in BEVER DAM ?

Whats it called ?

theavenger333
07-02-2005, 03:19 AM
i knew the owner, not only did hales corner's keep being bitches, but the main problem was that the facility was in poor shape. owner was going to start rebuilding slowly, (alla GLD) but permits became hard to come by and such..... :rolleyes: they built the nursing home/retirement community right next to the goddamn track, go figure its too loud....

UnderPSI
07-02-2005, 04:54 AM
I heard from reliable sources that he is going to be building a new Dirt Track by Al's Auto Salvage. He was shopping for a bulldozer and excavators.

Crawlin
07-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Butler or Franklin? Both of those are Al's aren't they?

DirtyMax
07-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Hell yeah, I miss Hales Corners Speedway. I was practically raised there.

A bunch of local guys statred up a traveling Dirt Late Model series that races at tracks like Oshkosh, Beaver Dam, etc. that aren't terribly far away.

Here's the site with the schedule... http://www.widirtlm.com/

Otherwise you have to go down to Lasalle, Illinios; Kankakee, Illinois; or Crown Point Indiana to see anything raced on dirt anymore. :(

DirtyMax
07-02-2005, 09:49 AM
I heard from reliable sources that he is going to be building a new Dirt Track by Al's Auto Salvage. He was shopping for a bulldozer and excavators.

Franklin promised John if he sold that other land to Menard's that he could build another track in Franklin. He owns a big parcel of land out on 45 by Al's Auto Salvage and was contemplating building 3 tracks (1dirt oval, 1 asphalt oval, and one 1/4 mile drag strip) But over the last few years, his health hasn't been the best and he's not a young pup anymore, and he mde more than enough money from the sale of the track, so it all sort of fizzled out. But if he's shopping for equipment, maybe that's a promising sign.

Rocket Power
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Isn't kinding rubbing the nose in it for the people who liked the track that it's called the "Speedway Center" Menards?

drrodder
07-04-2005, 11:03 PM

I'm not totaly sure, but think Jefferson is dirt (on Hwy 18 just east of Cambridge). Also Wilmont is dirt if you are already on the south side.

Ricky Bobby
07-05-2005, 07:34 PM
yes i miss hales corners too i ran the last 7 demos there and now f'n menards built another dumb store so i dont shop there no more :fire

DirtyMax
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM

I'm not totaly sure, but think Jefferson is dirt (on Hwy 18 just east of Cambridge). Also Wilmont is dirt if you are already on the south side.

Jefferson is paved.

You got Wilmont, Beaver Dam, and Plymouth being the closest dirt tracks to Milwaukee. There's a few more up north in WI (Shawano, Antigo, Luxemburg, and Seymour to name a few) not to mention several in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa.

awsomeears
07-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Jefferson is paved.

You got Wilmont, Beaver Dam, and Plymouth being the closest dirt tracks to Milwaukee. There's a few more up north in WI (Shawano, Antigo, Luxemburg, and Seymour to name a few) not to mention several in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa.

Are you sure there is a dirt track in Plymouth ???????????????

I thought just asphalt :wow

drrodder
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Check this out.
http://www.racingonline.com
It might help you out with news, track info, etc.

DirtyMax
07-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Are you sure there is a dirt track in Plymouth ???????????????

Positive. It's at the Chilton County Fairgrounds. The World of Outlaws sprint cars were there a few weeks ago.

Good find Dr. Rodder. I cruise that site often too to find statewide results.

Holeshot
07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
My buddy Bob Parker raced there all the time. Eve won a few races.
Now hes runnin asphalt at Wilmot. I know Shawano is still dirt.
I used to live across the street from there. Behind the old pick n save.
I miss the track.

SmokinRAM114
07-18-2005, 10:32 PM
dirt is for racing...Asphalts for getting there...

DirtyMax
07-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Now hes runnin asphalt at Wilmot.

Either Parker is still running dirt or he isn't racing at Wilmont cuz it's still dirt. By the looks of the points standings, he still there.

http://www.wilmotspeedway.com/index.htm

P.S. Post a full size pic of your av. I know a bunch of the girls that work at that restaurant and was curious if my friend was one of the 2 that posed on your car... so I can give her ****.

u_say_go
07-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I went to that Menard's last year and was totally bummed out when I pulled into the parking lot. It seemed like a lot of my childhood memories were bulldozed so John Menard could get richer :fire

Holeshot
07-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Either Parker is still running dirt or he isn't racing at Wilmont cuz it's still dirt. By the looks of the points standings, he still there.

http://www.wilmotspeedway.com/index.htm

P.S. Post a full size pic of your av. I know a bunch of the girls that work at that restaurant and was curious if my friend was one of the 2 that posed on your car... so I can give her ****.
I thought Wilmot was asphalt sorry.
As for the avatar it was taken at the Hooter in Vernon Hills Il

DirtyMax
07-19-2005, 02:18 PM
I thought Wilmot was asphalt sorry.
As for the avatar it eas taken at the Hooter in Vernon Hills Il

It's all good dude. :thumbsup No need to apologize... especially around here :goof

SRT4ME
07-21-2005, 08:33 AM
dirt is for racing...Asphalts for getting there...

Asphalt's for racing. Dirt's for planting daisies...:sgay

:D

SSmike1
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Hales Corners Speedway!!!!!!! :thumbsup
where do i begin?
there are so many stories i could tell you about that place!
I have been going there for over 40 years!!!!!!!

In 1964, when i was 5 years old, my paw took me there for every thing,
all the races. I grew up breathing, eating, smelling, tasting all those smells of Dirt Track racing.
Back then, the Midgets & Sprint cars were the Big Ticket to get into AMERICAN Indy Car Racing!!!!!!! And there were quite a few Car Owners & Mechanics & Pit crews from Milwaukee that raced at Indy, that would always come to Hales Corners races too!
the equivalent would be Like Matt Kenseth, **** Trickle, Ted Musgrave,
coming to Hales & racing! and talking with us, just hanging out.

i have many stories, but i'll give ya this one,...

when i was just starting to date my wife, it was her Birthday on a DAY THAT the WOOUTLAWS were at Hales race track. So, i was trying to win her heart over, so i took her out to eat at a NICE Fancy restaurant. So she was Dressed to kill! ( Nice! ) so, after dinner we get to the track late,
and people are already filling the seats, they have watered the track,
and the Sprint cars are just driving around slow, packing down the mud.
so my girlfriend(wife) and i walk through the stands, to the front, to look for a seat, JUST AS THEY GET THE GREEN FLAG, to start doing hot laps!!!!!!!

if any of you have been there, for Sprint cars, they Throw up so much Mud, its unbelieveable!!!!!!!
they Covered us in mud, from head to toe!
cause we were just entering the turn 3/4 area going toward T4. in the middle of the turn.
she had mud everywhere, in her long beautiful hair, on her fancy dress, down her top! :wow everywhere!
and guess what, she still went home with me that night! :wooo
and we had fun! ;)

that is a marrying type woman!
she is now my wife! and still goes racing with me!
:D

Al
07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
girlfriend/wife...who likes racing...lucky!

awsomeears
07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Thats the perfect test :thumbsup