PDA

View Full Version : Slicks Only Night was a blast!

Syclone0044
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Well I went to the Slicks Only Night as promised (didn't see anyone else from the other thread :confused ) and it was a great time. There wasn't that many cars there and there was at most 5-6 cars waiting to run at any time. (0 cars waiting to run a lot of time). There was quite a few people in the stands...

I saw one 13 second car, about three 11-12 second cars. And all the rest were in the 10s, 9s, 8s, and 7s! :stare Brian Ambrosini had his orange AMC Gremlin there that I've seen from the Byron Wheelie Contest (check out the videos!! http://carcraft.com/av/116_0505_wheel_home/). He is so cool, that I saw him standing in line to get food and he was wearing a shirt with his car printed on it and his fastest ET and MPH (8.2x @ 168~). I watched the car run and it went 8.3x @ 165 or so! :stare

There was a tube chassis car that appeared to have a real S-10 body (chopped and slammed), that ran only 1 pass (who drives to the track for just one pass?) but was probably the fast pass of the night - 7.50 @ 185~ or so! That thing came out of the hole like a gunshot. It sounded like an alcohol big block blower car. I was thinking about putting a cage in my truck with 2 bars through the rear window. This one had four!!! :stare

Tuff Enuff actually made 1 pass believe it or not - it was only on motor but it was a straight pass :banana

One of the coolest things of the night was a turbocharged snowmobile. This thing came off the line and the turbo spooled and SMOKED the F*cking TRACK for about 125 feet! I am talking blue smoke billowing up from underneath the sled. :stare It was fast and on the next run he got it to hook. When that turbo hit, it transformed the sled into a missle. You won't beleive how fast this thing actually was. How about, 8.20's @ 170 MPH?? :wooo :wow I think nobody in the crowd, could believe their eyes. Can you imagine having a low 9 second car and coming off the tree and getting your DOORS BLOWN OFF by a guy sitting on a snowmobile in the other lane? It is possible that out of all these very fast drag cars, the Snowmobile may have made the 2nd fastest pass of the night.

Last but certainly not least, I ran into one VERY COOL car from the Oscar's/HWY scene that had some Brutal power out of the hole and screamed down the track to some new best times!! The car did not launch hard and blew the tires off from pure power :headbang but still ran very impressive ET and MPH despite having incomplete runs! I can't wait to see this car hit the track again. I would say more but I will wait to see if the owner wants to say anything...

All in all it was a good time and a alot of fun. There was a street race for $5000 but one of the cars blew a driveshaft right before the race. There was a street race for $1600 that was very close though, big block nitrous Chevelle versus a Fox body Mustang. The Mustang won by virtue of the Chevelle having a poor reaction , very close race otherwise.

PS: Thanks to Tuff for lending us the use of his battery charger. :thumbsup

JC70SS
07-01-2005, 01:09 PM
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87373

Syclone0044
07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Awesome. I hope they post last night's results as well, we can test how good my memory is :) I tip my hat to these guys, and the amount of balls they must have, to be willing to sit on this thing and let 'er rip.

SLOWC5
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
wait til they add the spray to the sled :wooo My neighbors been working with this guy all year building the sled. Something about a 50-75 shot for cooling effects. Should be insane.

JEFF

JC70SS
07-01-2005, 07:06 PM
On glare ice a simons cpr turbo RX1 ran 124mph in 660' this was with about 300 very sharp studs in the track. That is insane :stare

TuffEnuff
07-03-2005, 03:44 AM
:headbang

UnderPSI
07-03-2005, 09:59 AM
wait til they add the spray to the sled :wooo My neighbors been working with this guy all year building the sled. Something about a 50-75 shot for cooling effects. Should be insane.

JEFF

He has been buying all kinds of nitrous stuff from C&S the last few weeks.

Syclone0044
09-27-2005, 01:26 AM
One of the coolest things of the night was a turbocharged snowmobile. This thing came off the line and the turbo spooled and SMOKED the F*cking TRACK for about 125 feet! I am talking blue smoke billowing up from underneath the sled. :stare It was fast and on the next run he got it to hook. When that turbo hit, it transformed the sled into a missle. You won't beleive how fast this thing actually was. How about, 8.20's @ 170 MPH?? :wooo :wow I think nobody in the crowd, could believe their eyes.

Update: The turbocharged sled has now gone 7 seconds at 170+. VIDEO LINK: http://media.putfile.com/cpr797
Direct link (may not work): http://x300.putfile.com/videos/c8-25611094236.wmv

sloLs1
09-27-2005, 10:23 AM
^^^ thats crazy!!!

Jsho13
09-27-2005, 08:21 PM
One of the coolest things of the night was a turbocharged snowmobile. This thing came off the line and the turbo spooled and SMOKED the F*cking TRACK for about 125 feet! I am talking blue smoke billowing up from underneath the sled. :stare It was fast and on the next run he got it to hook. When that turbo hit, it transformed the sled into a missle. You won't beleive how fast this thing actually was. How about, 8.20's @ 170 MPH?? :wooo :wow I think nobody in the crowd, could believe their eyes. Can you imagine having a low 9 second car and coming off the tree and getting your DOORS BLOWN OFF by a guy sitting on a snowmobile in the other lane? It is possible that out of all these very fast drag cars, the Snowmobile may have made the 2nd fastest pass of the night.

Yup the guy who owns the sled is Jeff Simon out of Richfield. He built the motor for my race sled. Last I saw that sled it was sitting in pieces but it was supposed to put down 400+hp at like 27 psi. He was just waiting for the suspension to come in. He is always running sleds down there. I have seen him running one of his 250hp sleds turning 980's consistantly.

KellY
09-28-2005, 12:41 AM
that is fricking NUTZ