PDA

View Full Version : The end result of me getting scammed on ebay.

GTSLOW
07-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Out of the 175 i paid ebay gave me 50 back for each headlight. So I'm out 75 bucks. Also if you look they are no longer a registered user.

I sent ebay the money order receipt and the receipt from the bank showing who cashed it. Basicly me and the guy both got OWNED. I got owned out of 75 and he's getting arrested on 27 counts of internet fraud.

wikked
07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Out of the 175 i paid ebay gave me 50 back for each headlight. So I'm out 75 bucks. Also if you look they are no longer a registered user.

I sent ebay the money order receipt and the receipt from the bank showing who cashed it. Basicly me and the guy both got OWNED. I got owned out of 75 and he's getting arrested on 27 counts of internet fraud.

Yea...that ebay is on a tight budget, there's barely any profit margin to give full refunds to people who get scammed using a service they provide and should be fully responsible for.

ebay founder Pierre Omidyar - USA - $9.9 billion :punch:

GTSLOW
07-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Yea...that ebay is on a tight budget, there's barely any profit margin to give full refunds to people who get scammed using a service they provide and should be fully responsible for.

ebay founder Pierre Omidyar - USA - $9.9 billion :punch:

Ya I know seriously. :( Well atleast I got sumthing back?

SlowStee
07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
You need to get rid of that damn signature...Looks like your always laughing :D

losin 75 bucks aint funny is it?!?

PonyKiller87
07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
At least you got something back and the guy is getting what he has coming to him. If you would have had to get a lawyer to get that money back from him it would have cost you way more than $75

There is a webpage somewhere that has a list of shady sellers. If I find the link I will post it. Might help someone from getting burned in the future.

theavenger333
07-01-2005, 02:42 PM
paypal would have certainly solved this dilemma..... sucks for you

Korndogg
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
someone decided to use the buy it now feature in my auction for my in dash dvd player and not pay me.... another guy was going to buy it too but then this as*hole decided not to pay me....there is like 6 hours left until the auction ends and noone has bid yet. I hate bad ebayers. At least the guy isnt a member anymore.

theavenger333
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
korndogg, if someone used the buy it now but is a nonpaying bidder, you get an additional free listing. you always get the 2nd chance listing if it doesn't sell the first time for free, but with that crap happening they give you another one

Korndogg
07-01-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah i know but i got charged like 9 bucks from ebay ....i dont know if theyre going to refund it or what.

GTSLOW
07-02-2005, 10:08 PM
paypal would have certainly solved this dilemma..... sucks for you

I know I wanted to but the guy used some gay bidpay system which denied me. So I sent him a m/o.

theavenger333
07-03-2005, 01:47 AM
didn't you look to see if he took paypal when you checked the item?

GTSLOW
07-03-2005, 07:24 AM
didn't you look to see if he took paypal when you checked the item?

He only took bidpay :(

Yooformula
01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
He only took bidpay :(

I know this is an old thread but I won an item that only took bidpay for payment or check and I told him forget it. I wont pay through bidpay for sheot!

chargedformula
01-01-2006, 09:12 PM
my gf got screwed using paypal. she bought these sugar gliders from this online pet store for $450 (not ebay, just a pet store). it was about 1-2 weeks after her order was placed and there were no plans made for them to be shipped so she called them and canceled the order. they never refunded her money so she filled a complaint with paypal to try to get the money back. long story short she only got about 350 back because they didnt have the funds in their account to refund in full, that was about a month and a half ago and she still hasnt gotten her 100 back. too bad she used her bank account and not a credit card that she could dispute the charge

GTSLOW
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I know this is an old thread but I won an item that only took bidpay for payment or check and I told him forget it. I wont pay through bidpay for sheot!

Serious that bidpay is fawking stupid!! You made a good choice!!

Since this incident I've been buying computer parts, s10 parts, & rc car parts and have had ZERO problems. Every payment was with paypal too.

turbogarrett
01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
It's paypal or nothing for me. I got ripped off on an ebay auction, filed a complaint and was refunded my $$ within a week.

pOrk
01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
I got scammed of 900 bones through paypal, and they said none of the money could be recovered because it wasnt in the sellers account. Bullshit. 1 year later, and I have nothing of the 900 I sent for products I will never see.

Sugar Gliders are bad ass