PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem on PC...

Crawlin
06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
i was playing around this morning and did something stupid(what i don't know) and now my sound doesn't work. I keep getting the Multimedia Audio Controller not found type error message. It's just a standard XP platform. it's just the regular sound chip that came with the computer. i checked into it and this is the system information:

Intel D865GLC - Motherboard
Intel 82801eb/er ICH5/ICH5R AC'97 - Soundchip

Now i did some research on why people were getting those errors, but none of them seem to be fixing the problem so I figured i'd post it up here. Any thoughts?

Chris

PS - i know some people were just getting the driver for the soundchip, but i dont' know where to go because i can't find it on download.com or driverguide.com or even intel.com

Junky Giorgio
06-29-2005, 01:42 PM
pick up the pc, shake it, then slam it down really really hard! then call napoleon cuz i heard his friend pedro's cousin has some sweet hookups... :thumbsup

Crawlin
06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
if it wasn't a work computer i just might have done that!

Chris

Syclone0044
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
In your Device Manager are you getting anything under Sound, Video, and Game controllers? Especially pertaining to AC97?

Any YELLOW (?) marks by devices? If so you need to reload the drivers.. they may be on your PC or your manufacturer's website (Handy if you have a big name like Dell or Gateway, they can auto detect your serial # and offer all the appropriate stuff).

Crawlin
06-29-2005, 02:25 PM
it's a milwaukee PC computer...

it has the Multimedia Audio Controller as a yellow marked device as "Other Device" in the manager. there is also NOTHING listed in reference to the AC97 in the sound, video, game tab.

Chris

Pantera99GS
06-29-2005, 02:41 PM
It goes here: http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/lc/lc_drive.htm#XP