PDA

View Full Version : Dog...

Al
06-27-2005, 01:49 AM
I was given a dog by a friend of my sister!

The story of this dog is that he had been moving from house to house because people were not able to take care of him full time. My sister said that she would watch him for some time and that is how I came across him. I can't say exactly why, but this dog became attached to me; where ever I walk, it follows me (unless someone is in the kitchen).

His name is Otis. I don't know what type of dog he is, but he weighs about 20 lbs. People say he looks like a mix between a Lhaso Apso, Bichon, Maltese, Terrier(s), and cocker spaniel. Your guess is as good as mine.

I was already looking for a dog when this one came along. It matched what I wanted in a dog for everything except color: anything but white. But I really don't care anymore.

This dog has turned out to be much more clever than the other two dogs we have. I am thinking "Bigger the dog, bigger the brain."

Some may think Otis is an ankle biter, but he is bigger than the two others which weigh 10 and 15 lbs (seen in background).

This pic turned out the best of all of the ones I took. He 'has' to have a stuffed toy with him at all times for some reason.

Prince Valiant
06-27-2005, 08:37 AM
all dogs kick ass...hopefully there are no issues b/w the established dogs and otis...

Al
06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
all dogs kick ass...hopefully there are no issues b/w the established dogs and otis...

Luckily, Otis is not an alpha male, so there has not been too much competition. But I am aware that Otis and Bentley (the other male) are both after the third dog, which is female. She does not want Otis to be in charge and she lets him know. It is rather funny to see the small dog push otis away from the food bowl or growl at him till he gets out of her spot on the couch.

The other dogs also get jelous when Otis comes up to me and I pet him. On the contrary, the other dogs rarely allowed me to do so before otis came along.

The deal with Otis right now is that he is at my mom's house. I'm still living with my dad, but he is becoming a real pain to deal with (he is also anti-dog). Some time around the end of July, I am going to move down with her because my sister and brother are moving out. She also lives about 2 miles from UWM.