PDA

View Full Version : Mild head/cammed s10 puts down 268hp/271tq

GTSLOW
06-25-2005, 10:33 AM
97 Sonoma ZQ8, 4.3, 5-speed:

P/P heads with 3 angle valve job, full Comp Magnum roller valvetrain, 270AHR cam, boosted's poly motor mounts, Mallory Hyfire VI-AL, K&N FIPK, Black Magic #60, HPP, Zexel with 3.42's, Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, 3" Spin-Tech with turndown, Edelbrock T.E.S. Headers

Dyno Sheet:
http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/My_Truck/BLK_MAJK.sized.jpg

The video:
right click save as (http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/My_Truck/dyno.mpg)

This is with mild headwork and a 270AHR then some bolt ons. Still has the stock intake manifold/internals/stock tune. My guess with tuning he could throw down another 7-10hp.

As for mine with better heads, same cam, edelbrock intake, and tuning. Probably put down 300-310rwhp. But thats just guess's :)

BAD LS1
06-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok... so its a dyno queen... 1/4 mile times? The reg cab s/b xtreme 5 speed coly in my power-adder coly post went mid low 14s on motor alone with slicks and a 5k dump and intake and exhaust.... and the supercharged S-10s can barely touch that forced inductioned :wooo 5 cylinder power owns joo :rolf

BTW you still gotta lane with the big heavy 4x4 coly :D

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA i just noticed this! and i think Carbon can back me here. 1. Its a mustang dyno!, 2. Whats the mph?, it gets up to like 71 mph max! then they shut it down, thats 3rd gear buddy that will over exagerate #s due to the torque multiplication hence the 497 max tq seen! 4th is a 1-1 gear ratio... try it in that gear, i gaurentee it will be substasially less... not mention it took FOREVER to spool the dyno up.

That thing would be a total turd on the street too, not even making any kinda power till 4k? wtf is that? id be long gone launching on that guy!

WilliamZ
06-25-2005, 07:10 PM
:wooo

GTSLOW
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Ok... so its a dyno queen... 1/4 mile times? The reg cab s/b xtreme 5 speed coly in my power-adder coly post went mid low 14s on motor alone with slicks and a 5k dump and intake and exhaust.... and the supercharged S-10s can barely touch that forced inductioned :wooo 5 cylinder power owns joo :rolf

BTW you still gotta lane with the big heavy 4x4 coly :D

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA i just noticed this! and i think Carbon can back me here. 1. Its a mustang dyno!, 2. Whats the mph?, it gets up to like 71 mph max! then they shut it down, thats 3rd gear buddy that will over exagerate #s due to the torque multiplication hence the 497 max tq seen! 4th is a 1-1 gear ratio... try it in that gear, i gaurentee it will be substasially less... not mention it took FOREVER to spool the dyno up.

That thing would be a total turd on the street too, not even making any kinda power till 4k? wtf is that? id be long gone launching on that guy!

LOL you can only lie to yourself for so long tom. Besides we all know your xtreme died because you didnt know how to tune it :loser

On the other hand it does seem like it rev'd out pretty quick/the mph is wacked, thus the 3rd gear theory has just been called out over @ ssf. :rolf

BWAHAHA I just watched it again!! He's says 3rd right there then floors it! :rolf

Oh well I kinda feel bad for calling him out now. But all those guys got hard-ons over there.

http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1344351#post1344351

BAD LS1
06-26-2005, 09:22 AM
LOL you can only lie to yourself for so long tom. Besides we all know your xtreme died because you didnt know how to tune it

Didnt know how to tune it? maybe it was "had no way to tune" or "monitor" it? :durr Besides that was way back in 2000... It still sucked with the blower on it.

GTSLOW
06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Didnt know how to tune it? maybe it was "had no way to tune" or "monitor" it? :durr Besides that was way back in 2000... It still sucked with the blower on it.

Good point :D

Well powerdyne isnt the greatest blower either :chair:

carbon04
06-27-2005, 05:48 PM
The new mustangs will do a controlled sweep to 100+mph but unless it is in 4th gear (1:1)the numbers will always be inflated.

UnderPSI
06-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Well powerdyne isnt the greatest blower either :chair:

Don't tell that to the stupid V6 firebird guy where ever he is.

GTSLOW
06-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Don't tell that to the stupid V6 firebird guy where ever he is.

HHAHAHA :rolf :rolf