PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY...July 9th RSD (the place will be insane!)

TuffEnuff
06-25-2005, 03:08 AM
If you have a fart popping import...go sit in the stands for this one and enjoy the show! :stare

scottie K
06-25-2005, 09:58 AM
i will be there if u come and help me get the car back together after smokn the trans and convertor at the last rsd lol

i will be a spectator this round

som2002
07-11-2005, 12:33 AM
:lame: Went Saturday, and IMHO it sucked compared to the Thursday night ones.... A real disappointment because I work nights and was hoping Saturdays would be the ****. Went with about 6 other people and they also said the same thing. Plus it was $15 instead of $12 this time :chair:

Cleveland Dave
07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
i had a great time. some very fast cars :wooo

and have to love the girls in skirts everywhere :shades

Syclone0044
07-11-2005, 11:17 AM
and have to love the girls in skirts everywhere :shades Amen dude!! :thumbsup I even brought one myself to +1 the count. :durr And how did you like that School Girl one?

I thought the race had maybe 2x the normal Thursday amount of people.. Maybe 1.75x. The racing was good but the worst part was it seemed to be mismanaged; nobody in charge knew what was going on and there was TONs of dead space when the track was ready to go but nobody was racing? 11:59pm was ticking closer all night long, thousands of fans had their thumb up their ass waiting... Not to be a "bltch" but everyone came to see some races, there were cars in line waiting to race, I'm not sure what kept them from being sent to the starting line.

Anyways it seemed like the NIGHT of the 3rd Gen FBodys!! I have never seen so many FAST 3rd Gens in my life, most with both wheels up!! Those 3rd Gens can really pull some nasty straight wheelies, especially that yellow/purple one.

Mike James had his supercharged 1st gen Lightning there, man does that truck haul ass.. and I hear the guy is ultra friendly to boot. Cheers to a swell racer with a fast ride. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I was there as well. had a GREAT time.....I thought the event was one of the best RSDs to date. I left around 9 and there were TONS of spectator cars...more than I have ever seen there to be honest. I agree there were dead spots and I can't speak for the later-in-the-night dead spots but the cars I saw were impressive. The 1st gen Lightning was BAD@SS! My jaw dropped watching that thing haul down the track.

Did anyone see the CrawlinZ down there? I didn't :goof

Crawlin
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Nope, got a little sidetracked, but the car was roaming around town ;) Even got a wash :)

Syclone0044
07-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I didn't see CrawlinZ or Dave's Neon. I was looking forward to seeing both cars; I had hoped to see at least ONE car I knew from the Milwaukee area racing. :confused I figured you guys maybe came earlier in the day..

Did anyone from here race?

jbiscuit
07-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I didn't see anyone I knew all day in fact. Lots of Illinois plates.

Crawlin
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
looks AWEFULLY familiar though.... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/mdblackz28/sigpic3.jpg

smart observers will notice THREE things wrong with that picture :)

SLOWC5
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I found 4 I think

The cars not sitting on a trailer
The car has all 4 wheels attached to the car
The slicks look a little small( judging from your small picture)
Oh and the cars clean :goof

Glad your driving your car again Chris

JEFF

jbiscuit
07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
this car has all the wheel studs present
this car actually made more than 4 passes last year
this car has more front wheel gap than a 3/4 ton suburban

:shades

Cleveland Dave
07-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Amen dude!! :thumbsup I even brought one myself to +1 the count. :durr And how did you like that School Girl one?

I thought the race had maybe 2x the normal Thursday amount of people.. Maybe 1.75x. The racing was good but the worst part was it seemed to be mismanaged; nobody in charge knew what was going on and there was TONs of dead space when the track was ready to go but nobody was racing? 11:59pm was ticking closer all night long, thousands of fans had their thumb up their ass waiting... Not to be a "bltch" but everyone came to see some races, there were cars in line waiting to race, I'm not sure what kept them from being sent to the starting line.

Anyways it seemed like the NIGHT of the 3rd Gen FBodys!! I have never seen so many FAST 3rd Gens in my life, most with both wheels up!! Those 3rd Gens can really pull some nasty straight wheelies, especially that yellow/purple one.

Mike James had his supercharged 1st gen Lightning there, man does that truck haul ass.. and I hear the guy is ultra friendly to boot. Cheers to a swell racer with a fast ride. :thumbsup

most of the delay was from the chitown racing orange camaro blowing its tranny all over the track later in the night...but yeah a lil disorganized but overall i think everything went pretty good.

SloFarmTruck
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
you know, i was going with:

slicks too small
clear corners
red camaro lettering up front

but i opened myself up for ALL those ******* other ones, hahahaha, NICE!! :punch:

CrawlinZ

SloFarmTruck
07-11-2005, 06:50 PM
you know, i was going with:

slicks too small
clear corners
red camaro lettering up front

but i opened myself up for ALL those ******* other ones, hahahaha, NICE!! :punch:

CrawlinZ

what about the stock seats!?!?

Top Fuel Tom
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Nope, got a little sidetracked, but the car was roaming around town ;) Even got a wash :)

Sure, now you wash it. So whens your first visit to the Chiropractor? ;)

Crawlin
07-14-2005, 10:21 AM
One word.... Pillows!!!!

ProjectCamaro
07-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Racing was good but the worst part was it seemed to be mismanaged; nobody in charge knew what was going on and there was TONs of dead space when the track was ready to go but nobody was racing? 11:59pm was ticking closer all night long, thousands of fans had their thumb up their ass waiting... Not to be a "bltch" but everyone came to see some races, there were cars in line waiting to race, I'm not sure what kept them from being sent to the starting line.

I agree COMPLETELY, this was the first time I've been to a RSD so I really had my hopes up especially after reading all the posts on the different local forums. I was built up for more money races and more close races. Yes there were a couple times the track had to be cleaned up but even without that everything seemed to move pretty slow. I actually got bored and left around 9:00. I will go to another one because I LOVE the idea and I never judge anything after only once. It just seemed to unorganized.
My favorite part of the entire day was walking through before the races and checking out the cars and talking to the owners.
Oh and that Lighting was absolutly insane!!