PDA

View Full Version : Look what Supercar i saw today.

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 06:06 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTc1MDY4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

sriddccrocks
06-20-2005, 08:00 PM
ford gt's r bad ass, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds woo! yea, i wish i had that kinda money to buy 1, ne1 else see the 1 at the end of the alan jackson video, its the same colors

USMARINE1108
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Damn, I love that thing :wooo

Brian98GTP
06-20-2005, 08:25 PM
ford gt's r bad ass, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds woo! yea, i wish i had that kinda money to buy 1, ne1 else see the 1 at the end of the alan jackson video, its the same colors

Reading that makes my fvckin' head hurt..... or was that your 15 year old sister typing that.... :confused

:thumbsup

theavenger333
06-20-2005, 08:40 PM
down in the third ward?

sriddccrocks
06-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Reading that makes my fvckin' head hurt..... or was that your 15 year old sister typing that.... :confused

:thumbsup

ok???

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Yup. Thats where i work. Right down the block from Bella Cafe.

FANAT1C
06-20-2005, 09:14 PM
2 words... Kicks Ass!! :headbang

0TransAm0
06-20-2005, 09:34 PM

lmao i just got done watching the vid thinking that was a sweet car..bad ass none the less

Anakonda69
06-20-2005, 09:36 PM
my dad's boss ordered one.not sure if he got it yet.

carkid0101
06-20-2005, 09:36 PM
wow, seeing one on the roads pretty neat. It sucks that they have so many problems though. something like 4 or 5 recalls, 2 major safety issues? damn ford ****ed theselves there, but either way drop dead awesome car.

Cryptic
06-20-2005, 09:37 PM
sweet car omg i luv dat car too if i had the money i would buy one seen one once in a magazine read about it

bah... I cant do it like him :durr

Car Guy
06-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Now don't get me wrong the Ford GT absolutely ROCKS, but I'm just thinking what kind of car I could build with a $140k…...or more as it seems every dealer is marking up the MSRP of those things through the roof, if they have one that is.......

GTSLOW
06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Nice car but I'd rather have two tricked out Z06's

sriddccrocks
06-20-2005, 10:28 PM
sorry, i tend to shorten **** to make it easier and quicker on myself, but none the less even though it is a bad ass car, id go with the rest of you and spend my money building somthing else, like a supercharged DOHC 32V 4.6l cougar :goof

SlowStee
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
the GT > Z06.....straight line and auto x

Korndogg
06-20-2005, 11:44 PM
I saw one race a plane up at the Oshkosh airshow last year. It lost, but I think it hit around the 215 mph mark. I know it was above 200 for sure.

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Saw Supercar and got excited, then saw it was a ford what a dissapointment

CruxGNZ
06-21-2005, 12:02 AM
sorry, i tend to shorten **** to make it easier and quicker on myself, but none the less even though it is a bad ass car, id go with the rest of you and spend my money building somthing else, like a supercharged DOHC 32V 4.6l cougar :goof
Huh? You have to actually think about what you type when you "text type" as opposed to making sense... kind of like how you were brought up to write in english class. You know, in school?
Just giving you crap man. :D I have a hard time reading what the hell you write also, so I usually just skip your posts.

I saw one race a plane up at the Oshkosh airshow last year. It lost, but I think it hit around the 215 mph mark. I know it was above 200 for sure.
PLEASE tell me there is a video of this!

!M!

Al
06-21-2005, 01:32 AM
You can build a civic to beat one of those at RA, but that is a far cry. You need a car with the motor in back to get the most out of a turn. MR drivetrains are so much better than RF for all round acceleration and handling.

For myself, I can't afford one of those any time soon. Instead, I have been bitten by the awd bug. I don't want to pay the huge markup for a wrx of older dsm, so I think I'll go Audi. Quattro Rocks! I also don't want to get into the local DSM crowd. Some of them are...losers. Besides, I have my pride. I will not surrender to the "Dark Side."

My old man and I test drove an A8. It is way better thant an SL500 and a 750iL in all categories (and cheaper). He is waiting for the 06 to come out because of the body style change.

wikked
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I also don't want to get into the local DSM crowd. Some of them are...losers.

:rolleyes:

Any local insert car brand here crowd has it's share of... losers. Especially those in your current non-sold cars in your sig :goof

PARALYZER
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Saw that car at the lake a couple weeks ago. Damn Ford is the Bomb! :D

Al
06-21-2005, 02:32 PM

Any local insert car brand here crowd has it's share of... losers. Especially those in your current non-sold cars in your sig :goof

So true...

..but I am being specific as to this group of people in the Cedarburg/Grafton area. They are actually all good people, but I had to throw in "losers" for fun. I worked with one of them for a summer.

To me, not wanting to buy a dsm is more like one of othose instances where they will be like "you are now one of us, what took you so long to make your decision?" I CANNOT do that, my pride is at stake! :goof

This is nothing to be taken seriously. I'm just goofing around. But I do love those Audis.

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
So true...

..but I am being specific as to this group of people in the Cedarburg/Grafton area. They are actually all good people, but I had to throw in "losers" for fun. I worked with one of them for a summer.

To me, not wanting to buy a dsm is more like one of othose instances where they will be like "you are now one of us, what took you so long to make your decision?" I CANNOT do that, my pride is at stake! :goof

This is nothing to be taken seriously. I'm just goofing around. But I do love those Audis.
Yeah Id be ashamed to be in the crowd of any car you ever drive/driven :thumbsup

Al
06-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah Id be ashamed to be in the crowd of any car you ever drive/driven :thumbsup

I drove a WS6 once and an old IROC once.

VroomPshhTsi
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
My old man and I test drove an A8. It is way better thant an SL500 and a 750iL in all categories (and cheaper). He is waiting for the 06 to come out because of the body style change.

Not sure in what ways you were comparing these cars but I highly doubt an A8 is better than an SL500 in any category except price. I drove an A8 a few times and it's really nothing special. I'd probably agree with you on it being almost/just as good as the bmw, but I don't think it's near the 500. O well, just my opinion.

Junky Giorgio
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
for the money you'd end up paying for the FORD GT, i'd much rather buy a exotic european supercar...considering that the GT is going for $300K + if you can get one... :drool:

theavenger333
06-22-2005, 02:29 AM

Not sure in what ways you were comparing these cars but I highly doubt an A8 is better than an SL500 in any category except price. I drove an A8 a few times and it's really nothing special. I'd probably agree with you on it being almost/just as good as the bmw, but I don't think it's near the 500. O well, just my opinion.
A8 beats out the Benz in handling by far as well as braking...... i too prefer the audi.... as for buying an italian supercar or the ford GT i'd just spend 90k and buy a Carrera Turbo.....

ponyride00
06-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Now don't get me wrong the Ford GT absolutely ROCKS, but I'm just thinking what kind of car I could build with a $140k…...or more as it seems every dealer is marking up the MSRP of those things through the roof, if they have one that is.......

They have one at Griffin Ford right now with a price of 250,000.

big3sucksmynuts
06-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Thats tight! I just saw a Mercedes McLaren SLR and Walmart the other day. I did like a Triple take and almost crashed my bike because my boner was so huge

TransAm12sec
06-23-2005, 02:06 AM
The car looks so out of place.

sidewayzbimmer
06-23-2005, 12:47 PM
:thumbsup I seen the Ford GT at mckinley marina yesterday! Looked ******* awesome. First one I ever saw except at the auto show.

HP ADDICT
06-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I wonder if its Sprewell? He has a nice boat down there at the marina and is in town a lot. He used to have a maybach.

Silver03SRT
06-23-2005, 07:06 PM
No its not. It was a white guy. He does however have some sweet cars. My friends dad coached him when he was in high school and they still talk to each other.

GTSLOW
06-23-2005, 09:55 PM
You can build a civic to beat one of those at RA, but that is a far cry. You need a car with the motor in back to get the most out of a turn. MR drivetrains are so much better than RF for all round acceleration and handling.

For myself, I can't afford one of those any time soon. Instead, I have been bitten by the awd bug. I don't want to pay the huge markup for a wrx of older dsm, so I think I'll go Audi. Quattro Rocks! I also don't want to get into the local DSM crowd. Some of them are...losers. Besides, I have my pride. I will not surrender to the "Dark Side."

A FWD civic beating a GT in Road Racing? :wtf I just dont see that happening no matter how much money you have :rolf

I know what you mean but you could get a used LOW mileage z06 for 35-37. Then spend 50k on mods and you'd have a better handling/accelerating car than the gt.

GRAMPS SS
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
for the money you'd end up paying for the FORD GT, i'd much rather buy a exotic european supercar...considering that the GT is going for $300K + if you can get one... :drool:

did any of you go to holtz for the 4th...there was a red GT there...the guy said he paid 250k now for such a awsome car...it didn't get a crowd around it...mre people were looking at the new silver Viper down a bit from it....don't get me wrong ..the GT is sweet but for that money...not me my wife would shoot me if i brought one home......

SlowStee
07-11-2006, 03:51 PM
holy old thread

Brian98GTP
07-11-2006, 04:27 PM
PRO_SHOW_SS = Grave Digger :stare

Al
07-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I think the guy with the GT lives on LSD, just north of Lincoln Mem Drive. Also, I've seen that GT a time or two around town lately. It is prone to cause accidents.

How did this thread get up here? Why did you not post a new thread?

Berettaspeed
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM

according to "top Gear" on their track the new Z06 stopmed on the GT in the corners.as well with MANY OTHER exotic imports.(beat the ZONDA) as for straight line the vette is ~11.7 from the factory according to car and driver. its pretty cloes in straight line. wow yes it is an old thread i never looked at the date ..LOL

Slow Joe
07-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Uhhh this thread is from '05... DAMN! Someone bury this one like it was!!

Cryptic
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
did any of you go to holtz for the 4th...there was a red GT there...the guy said he paid 250k now for such a awsome car...it didn't get a crowd around it...mre people were looking at the new silver Viper down a bit from it....don't get me wrong ..the GT is sweet but for that money...not me my wife would shoot me if i brought one home......

probably the same guy I did a photoshoot with.
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13938

Al
07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
according to "top Gear" on their track the new Z06 stopmed on the GT in the corners.as well with MANY OTHER exotic imports.(beat the ZONDA) as for straight line the vette is ~11.7 from the factory according to car and driver. its pretty cloes in straight line. wow yes it is an old thread i never looked at the date ..LOL

Doesn't the ZO6 weigh about 700 pounds less? That would be enough to get the power to weight about even.

ricksws7
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
It is in the rare to see part of the car world. Saw one at the holts chev. show. Very nice if your a ford fan. I would pay half that on on viper coup. and kick its ass and still have enough for a corvette for a daily driver. WAY overpriced in my opion. But it is still rare so cool to see one. Rick :headbang