PDA

View Full Version : LT1's

TraNs_aM
06-20-2005, 12:02 AM
why doesn't anyone like LT1's?

Firefighter Z
06-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh shiat, Look what your about to start. :wow :alcoholic

No but really, some people say that they dont like em cause of the placement of where the opti is, others just don't like em cause they some what have no top end like the LS1 has....
Its basically a taste thing, I for myself like both engines.
But if you wanna beat a stock LS1 you better save a few pennies to out run it cause if I'm right they can pull really good in 3rd gear.

SloFarmTruck
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Cause they lose to 100,000 mile stock 5.0's and they smell funny!!
It's more a matter of opinion. The LS1's are just a better engine. Higher revs, more power. Different valve angle. 23 degree on the LT1 and 15 degrees on the LS1. They breathe better, They rev faster gosh darnit The LS1 just plain kicks a$$.

just my 2 cents thoug. :)

SlowStee
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
I think the better question is...

Where are all the NA H/C LT1 guys? :confused

Al
06-20-2005, 12:36 AM

I don't know. I just think it is fun to pick on the LT1 guys. :goof

I cant tell it from the LS1 other than the different intake manifolds.

396LT1SS
06-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Cause they lose to 100,000 mile stock 5.0's and they smell funny!!
It's more a matter of opinion. The LS1's are just a better engine. Higher revs, more power. Different valve angle. 23 degree on the LT1 and 15 degrees on the LS1. They breathe better, They rev faster gosh darnit The LS1 just plain kicks a$$.

just my 2 cents thoug. :)

loose to 100,000 stock 5.0's ?? You are an idiot :chair:

jk I know what you are refering too :D

396LT1SS
06-20-2005, 01:29 AM
formula

I am a h/c guy :thumbsup

GTSLOW
06-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Because a stock 4x4 1991 4 door 4.3L TBI automatic blazer with a clogged cat, is faster than a lt1 6speed. http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

j/k

turbogarrett
06-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Their iron blocks are too heavy for us swap guys who like to turn.

T-Bag
06-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Because their v6 sister can nearly knock them off with less money spent. :D

jbiscuit
06-20-2005, 08:07 AM
the LS1 has VTEC. :thumbsup :goof

Prince Valiant
06-20-2005, 08:33 AM
stock for stock, the LS1 has far more potential without getting into the heads....but imo, once headwork starts to play a role, the differences become less pronounced, but still in favor of the LS series engines.

The LT's can be made to be scary fast...it's just that if you've got "bolt-on" skills at best, most LS guys will eat your lunch.

Crawlin
06-20-2005, 09:22 AM
97 30th SS - TH400, 396ci,AFR220cc, lotsa juice, moser 12 bolt, hoosiers

487rwhp -All motor
350shot- no #'s
Single digit track times
__________________________________________________ _________

And where is THIS guy from? Local? Milwaukee? Where's some pics???!!!!

UnderPSI
06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Bet I know who it is.

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
I love listening to some of you idiots talk about LT1's....yeah they are so slow :rolleyes: . The main advantage is in the heads. The money saved on LS1 can easily get you some badass heads. But a LS1 can do heads later also and still comeout on top. Once you start stroking them and supercharging things start to even out, and the iron block actually helps. Funny how a couple of yrs ago when I used to take my H/C lt1 out, I didnt have a problem with LS1's. But now LT1's are all 15 sec cars and every LS1 runs low 12's with a lid and catback and can handle 1000fwhp!!!!!Sure they can, and be a reliable daily driver LMAO and with bolt ons right? Except the piston crowns let go at much lower power levels which usually ruins your day.
Some of you guys talk all that **** about LT1's, when in reality when they were released way back in 93, 12 yrs ago. Not much could hang with them. 5.0 LMAO, L98 no way, 4.6 nope, with 320hp in a cobra nope. But once again they are slow. Now GTPS walk them, along with the dsms, and anything else on this board. WTF get real.

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Because a stock 4x4 1991 4 door 4.3L TBI automatic blazer with a clogged cat, is faster than a lt1 6speed. http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

j/k
And apparantly this guy races them when they are parked...

Crawlin
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I love listening to some of you idiots talk about LT1's....yeah they are so slow :rolleyes: . The main advantage is in the heads. The money saved on LS1 can easily get you some badass heads. But a LS1 can do heads later also and still comeout on top. Once you start stroking them and supercharging things start to even out, and the iron block actually helps. Funny how a couple of yrs ago when I used to take my H/C lt1 out, I didnt have a problem with LS1's. But now LT1's are all 15 sec cars and every LS1 runs low 12's with a lid and catback and can handle 1000fwhp!!!!!Sure they can, and be a reliable daily driver LMAO and with bolt ons right? Except the piston crowns let go at much lower power levels which usually ruins your day.
Some of you guys talk all that **** about LT1's, when in reality when they were released way back in 93, 12 yrs ago. Not much could hang with them. 5.0 LMAO, L98 no way, 4.6 nope, with 320hp in a cobra nope. But once again they are slow. Now GTPS walk them, along with the dsms, and anything else on this board. WTF get real.

Let me start off by saying this isn't a ***** session towards you...

See, the problem is no one's seen your car run lately. No one has seen **** from an LT1 car in the past two years around here. But, pretty much every LS1 car that is decently modded is 11's. Jeff's, Tom's, Mine, Tim's was LOW 11's, Williams is close enough. Paul's was 10's, there's a LOW 10 sec ride storming around. The only LT1's we keep hearing about are the ones that keep having problems. And MAYBE it's just because no one around here really wants to BUILD an LT1. There is this guy with the 396 coming out of the woodwork no one knows so maybe that's a good thing. And honestly, I don't look at the heads being the biggest advantage, while it does help a ton, i look at the ignition system being the best advantage. Something that doesn't require a $1000 swap in parts to get it to the level of an individual coil pack LS1 car. For a DECENT built engine, the LT1 is not that much less than my LS1, so i'll stick with the LS1. Look at Rick's LT1 car flying with that big turbo. Chris' LT1 car that's for sale now that was the first into the 8's. I'm not questioning OTHER's and the LT1 engine in general. It's just a fun ribbing of those that are running them now. 11.40's on a daily driven C5 that's only a head/cam car. I don't see any other LT1 cars coming CLOSE to that daily driven capable. The fastest LT1 locally that i've seen so I know I can believe it is still Brandon's cam only Z way back a few years ago. Since then, nothing else has really gotten down. PROVE US WRONG

It's just like the 5.0 mustang guys giving us ****. we know for the most part, most of the guys are just ripping on us a bit. but we know it's all in fun. if an LT1 guy is at the track and needs help, i'm going to do whatever i can to help to make sure that person runs a new best.

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
I know it isn't. But come on man I haven't been on this board very long, and since I first joined all I have seen is people talking **** about LT1's. I don't even really give a ****, its the old motor. What pisses me off are the jackass' who talk **** and they have a slow car. I mean if you have a 11 sec car talk **** and its cool to me. If you have a 14 or 13 sec car don't say **** about LT1's in general because thats where they are stock(yes they really are), and half the people that I hear saying how slow they are have 13 sec cars. With alot of $$ in them. I realize there are alot of fast LS1 cars out there are alot of fast LT1s also. They are no longer as popular just like the L98, how many fast L98s do you see anymore. You may not have seen me because I got away from the HWY about 2yrs ago due to the increase in cops and kids being stupid. I only live like 10 blocks away from it.

I will hopefully have my car out this yr. I had everything needed ordered in Feb but APE raped me, I got that straightened out though. Hopefully I can get my car out before the KOTH. I am in no way talking **** about my car, its not even done so that would be stupid. It is just annoying to see **** constantly on here about LT1's.

It would be hard to prove you wrong as I haven't been part of the local race scene in awhile. RKrause and some others on CZ28.com are running awesome times with street driven cars. 10.02 at 144mph for RKrause. They are supercharged but still LT1. A similar built LS1 isn't going to be any faster. I dont want this thread to be LS1 vs LT1. He asked why the LT1 sucked..probably because thats all he reads on here, which is completely false. Thats the only reason I responed the way I did.

Irish
06-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Some of you guys talk all that **** about LT1's, when in reality when they were released way back in 93, 12 yrs ago. Not much could hang with them. 5.0 LMAO, L98 no way, 4.6 nope, with 320hp in a cobra nope. But once again they are slow. Now GTPS walk them, along with the dsms, and anything else on this board. WTF get real.[/QUOTE]

Well I have a slow 5.0, I am running 14's, and I have beat 2 LT1's.
One was supercharged, which I beat on motor with a passenger in the car and the second was a bolt on lt1. LT1's are outdated compared to the LS1.
I'd put an LT1 in a Farm Truck...... wait a minute no I wouldn't I'd put a caddy motor in........HAHAHAHAHAHA

SlowStee
06-20-2005, 04:48 PM

One was supercharged, which I beat on motor with a passenger in the car and the second was a bolt on lt1. LT1's are outdated compared to the LS1.
I'd put an LT1 in a Farm Truck...... wait a minute no I wouldn't I'd put a caddy motor in........HAHAHAHAHAHA
I was running only bolt-ons with KR on street tires...your win against me was a close win for you...you barely won and you were spraying a 100 shot of nitrous and On Drag Radials....

Dont say something you will regret :thumbsup

Crawlin
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Don't worry, mine isn't even done yet and i still talk ****. well, i'm too lazy to have it be done. that should change tonight though.

There is always exceptions to the rules. You cited Rick(or is it rich?) car. But i can point out MightyMouse's car on ls1.com that is a 9.90's car, daily driven, and a 6speed to boot. Then there was Mike Brown's car that went 9.80's on a stock shortblock. Like I said, always exceptions to the rules. Hell Matt Harlan had a twin turbo LS1 car running identical numbers to the RKrause car. How about 9.60's on a stock shortblock with only a cam and spray and the other bolt ons. Not gonna see that on an LT1. But the list goes on and on both ways with awesome cars, but very limited numbers of people actually doing it. Plus the LS1 crowd has always been faster than the LT1 crowd to date AROUND HERE so that's where the **** talking usually starts :)

Hell I even had thoughts of my winter project USING an LT1 instead of my LS1 just because I know what they are capable of. But because bolt on for bolt on the LS1 has run quicker times. That's why you hear alot of the guys talking ****.

I really do hope that you get something tossed together for the KOTH. Who are you looking to for a built motor. Obviously HPE is a name to trust with how well Rick's setup has come together. Seems there are a number of people around that can still build a great motor.

Crawlin
06-20-2005, 04:57 PM
I was running only bolt-ons with KR on street tires...your win against me was a close win for you...you barely won and you were spraying a 100 shot of nitrous and On Drag Radials....

Two cars and pulling at the 1000' mark is alot more than a "close win"

GET THAT KR FIXED!!!

That 100hp shot should make up for the blowby, stock gearing, shifting his own car, 48cubic inch less setup :) haha *see, all in fun*

and i doubt it actually does 100 hp. look at what happened with the Horsepower TV LS1 car, jetted for 80, the idiots only got 40rwhp our of it. 125 shot got them 80rwhp!!! hahaha

WilliamZ
06-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Think of how much HP he has with Nitrous and you with your bolt on setup. I am sure it's probably very close. He didn't have a big advantage on you like you make it seem. I don't put up with excuses. If I lose I take the loss, say nice race and I am sure I will run into you again. You both agreed to race. The finish line only matters. Do some more work and race him again someday. Until then Irish was the winnAr of that drag race no matter what the situation was.

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Rich it is I am almost positive...very smart guy. He is running a F1 blower which shouldn't produce the numbers that a twin turbo setup does. Check with some of the guys running ptk kits and t-88's on lt1's to see some 1000hp cars. Anything is possible. There was that camaro on scandelous racing running 10's on a stock lt1 shortblock with like a 350 shot! But hey those arent around here. I like the LS1 only cam and spray 9.60s..Some people will build a nasty DP setup and spray it until it explodes. Yeah you may hit it with a huge dual stage run 9.60s and brag but it will blow up.
Don't worry, mine isn't even done yet and i still talk ****. well, i'm too lazy to have it be done. that should change tonight though.

There is always exceptions to the rules. You cited Rick(or is it rich?) car. But i can point out MightyMouse's car on ls1.com that is a 9.90's car, daily driven, and a 6speed to boot. Then there was Mike Brown's car that went 9.80's on a stock shortblock. Like I said, always exceptions to the rules. Hell Matt Harlan had a twin turbo LS1 car running identical numbers to the RKrause car. How about 9.60's on a stock shortblock with only a cam and spray and the other bolt ons. Not gonna see that on an LT1. But the list goes on and on both ways with awesome cars, but very limited numbers of people actually doing it. Plus the LS1 crowd has always been faster than the LT1 crowd to date AROUND HERE so that's where the **** talking usually starts :)

Hell I even had thoughts of my winter project USING an LT1 instead of my LS1 just because I know what they are capable of. But because bolt on for bolt on the LS1 has run quicker times. That's why you hear alot of the guys talking ****.

I really do hope that you get something tossed together for the KOTH. Who are you looking to for a built motor. Obviously HPE is a name to trust with how well Rick's setup has come together. Seems there are a number of people around that can still build a great motor.

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
You beat a supercharged lt1 with a 14sec car huh? Well those damn superchargers actually slow down the old lt1 I guess....You also beat formula which is a bolt on auto lt1 with problems. Great job! Even better if you really did spray a 100shot to do it.. :wooo Also I just noticed I said 93. It was actually 92 when the lt1 was released.

I'd put an LT1 in a Farm Truck...... wait a minute no I wouldn't I'd put a caddy motor in........HAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Prince Valiant
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
In all fairness, the LT-1 certianly don't suck. Their very very very direct ancestor for which the LT-1's are certainly nearly identical to in many respects (the classic small block chevy) can be made to make phenominal amounts of power....and to this date, the fastest NA SBC still would make any LS motor cry for mercy in a heads up race.

Their opti-spark blows though...it would be nice to see an easily replaceable and ignition system come out and easily retrofitted to the LT's.

However, the LS's will still eat any LT's lunch, bolt-on for bolt-on, stock for stock...and yes, it's all in the heads in how they'll allow for superior air-flow, and how the combustion shape and quench will allow for increased compression tolerance. The rest of the ways the LS engines are superior are less pronounced individually, but they do add up in many little ways.

USMARINE1108
06-20-2005, 08:16 PM
The LS1 vs LT1 battle will continue as long as people still mod their cars. Until then, here's my vote.

http://img81.echo.cx/img81/4018/ls1touchedbygod6zd.png (http://www.imageshack.us)

Stock for stock, there is no comparison. However in our local F+Y body club, the fastest on the track is an LT1.

Kory 88Iroc lt1
06-20-2005, 09:46 PM
I hope to beat Brandon's old record by a few tenths by the end of the season. I keep chipping away at it every time at the track. The hot weather last week didn't help my cause though I was 3mph off my best run.
I understand the smack talking as well, I am just sick of hearing every ls1 owner thinking that their car is capable of numbers like Tom or Chris. They are running their mouths and some have never been to a track. If there is one thing I have learned in the last few years, It's that getting legit numbers that match what everyone and their brother is running on the internet isn't as easy as most people think. If it was my car would be a 9 second daily driver :D. I've spent so much time around people who have cars that should run a certain number, but never have, That I don't take much stock in talk without time slips. I don't belong to the it should and it could club. I belong to the It will and it does .. regularly. As of right now my car has run a best of 12.74 at 111 a week ago wednsday night. So If you have an Ls1 that has never seen a track shut your pie hole :D
Just my .02
Kory

Poncho
06-20-2005, 09:47 PM
L67/L32 all the way. go sleeper, go w-body.

GTSLOW
06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Nobody dislikes lt1's its just that formula_diva gave it a bad name, and he talks all this trash and how he's gonna show us this and that. Then runs a 19.5 @ 29mph :goof

SlowStee
06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Think of how much HP he has with Nitrous and you with your bolt on setup. I am sure it's probably very close. He didn't have a big advantage on you like you make it seem. I don't put up with excuses. If I lose I take the loss, say nice race and I am sure I will run into you again. You both agreed to race. The finish line only matters. Do some more work and race him again someday. Until then Irish was the winnAr of that drag race no matter what the situation was.
Im putting down at the MOST 310RWHP at FULL weight..I feel the need to say something when someone is so proud of beating a measly bolt on car :)..Im not an excuse maker- I tell the truth :goof

Irish is a cool guy, not trying to start any **** here

SlowStee
06-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Nobody dislikes lt1's its just that formula_diva gave it a bad name, and he talks all this trash and how he's gonna show us this and that. Then runs a 19.5 @ 29mph :goof
******* clown..dont even get me started with you

396LT1SS
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Any ls1 wanna run me? im new to the area! :thumbsup
My LT1 is slow :D

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Sure, I will. I have a bolt on LS1. Is it unfair that I have a stall convertor? I could give you a spot and the hit.

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=FoRmuLa_DriVa]Im putting down at the MOST 310RWHP at FULL weight..I feel the need to say something when someone is so proud of beating a measly bolt on car :)..Im not an excuse maker- I tell the truth :goof

I am a carb'd 302, you have fuel injection. I have junk heads. You at least have Vortec heads. I have 1.78 Intake valves. You have 1.94. I can keep going like this forever. You talk about Drag Radials. Their Nitto's, the worst drag radial there is. I am going to rebuild a STOCK bore 302 with STOCK rods, STOCK crank, with STOCK non GT-40 heads with a real mild cam. When this motor is done....before the end of summer I will race you on motor. Then you can't say.......yada,yada "he's got a 100 shot" yada yada. Or I can race you again with my smokin turbo diesel mustang. :D

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Sure, I will. I have a bolt on LS1. Is it unfair that I have a stall convertor? I could give you a spot and the hit.

Its fair I have a 4800 stall :thumbsup

I dont accept spots and you have the hit! how much?

TraNs_aM
06-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I get my car back soon maybe tomrorow, any that want to see it, i'll have it at oscars most likely tomorrow night no racing so dont come and try ****, i have decided to break my motor in, also to keep my warranty

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=FoRmuLa_DriVa]Im putting down at the MOST 310RWHP at FULL weight..I feel the need to say something when someone is so proud of beating a measly bolt on car :)..Im not an excuse maker- I tell the truth :goof

I am a carb'd 302, you have fuel injection. I have junk heads. You at least have Vortec heads. I have 1.78 Intake valves. You have 1.94. I can keep going like this forever. You talk about Drag Radials. Their Nitto's, the worst drag radial there is. I am going to rebuild a STOCK bore 302 with STOCK rods, STOCK crank, with STOCK non GT-40 heads with a real mild cam. When this motor is done....before the end of summer I will race you on motor. Then you can't say.......yada,yada "he's got a 100 shot" yada yada. Or I can race you again with my smokin turbo diesel mustang. :D
Dont bite off more than you can chew...thats all im gonna say

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 12:12 AM

Drew saw you drive by today...Guess the secrets out :devil

SloFarmTruck
06-21-2005, 12:12 AM

Doesn't seem right the 4800 stall with the spray?!? Sure must flash to like 6000 with the nitrous. just being inquisitive.

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I shift around 7200

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=IRISH]
Dont bite off more than you can chew...thats all im gonna say

Are you talking about you or the other guy. I am talking to you. The other guy will have to wait till next year. I could do a LT1 swap but I want to be fast so I chose the LS1. I am buying a bone stock LS1 off a buddy of mine. I will come after him when the LS1 swap is done. A guy I know has a carb'd small block windsor, low compression fox body mustang, that would prob. race the new guy.

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=FoRmuLa_DriVa]

Are you talking about you or the other guy. I am talking to you. The other guy will have to wait till next year. I could do a LT1 swap but I want to be fast so I choes the LS1. I am buying a bone stock LS1 off a buddy of mine. I will come after him when the LS1 swap is done. A guy I know has a carb'd small block windsor, low compression fox body mustang, that would prob. race the new guy.
I was speaking to you

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:28 AM
You want to race again, is that what you are saying???

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
You want to race again, is that what you are saying???
Im saying dont act like your gonna dish something out at the end of the summer

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Im saying dont act like your gonna dish something out at the end of the summer

m-kay :thumbsup

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Their Nitto's, the worst drag radial there is.
uh..that was a joke right?

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 12:41 AM

Fine, I will take the Hit $100 sound fair?

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Fine, I will take the Hit $100 sound fair?

Only if my hoosiers can come :thumbsup :headbang

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:51 AM
uh..that was a joke right?
Here is a lession for you junior. In order of best to worst when it comes to drag radials.
1. MT's DRs or ET Streets.
2. BFG's
3. Nitto's

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Great, hope all the tires on your trailer have air in them too. Now you need new tires too??? I havent even changed my oil for the last 7,000 miles.

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:52 AM
"LT1's Have to Bore Stroke And Spray their $hit to keep up with Low Compression stock bottom end LS1's. "

:rolf

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Irish, how nice of you to give the Formula the distinct advantage by putting the worst tires on your list on, Now if only i could have beat you with the supercharged LT1. Damn those cars are slow.

Irish
06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
There you go Formy, go race the supercharged Lt1.

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:08 AM
" LT1's Have to Bore Stroke And Spray their $hit to keep up with Low Compression stock bottom end LS1's."

yeah...to KEEP UP....more like to not blow after spraying a 350 shot :thumbsup

but wait..LS1's can handle it right...Like toms LS1?

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Underpsi nice sig :thumbsup

I will reach back like a pimp and ***** slap that ls1

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Here is a lession for you junior. In order of best to worst when it comes to drag radials.
1. MT's DRs or ET Streets.
2. BFG's
3. Nitto's
So thats why so many people have nittos....for their short life and shitty quality :thumbsup

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:10 AM
More like reach a few car lengths ahead of you and dream.

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:11 AM
So thats why so many people have nittos....for their short life and shitty quality :thumbsup

No, it's because they are from Japan and learned secret racing tricks from the V-TEC gods.

Irish
06-21-2005, 01:13 AM
The reason (like most people) I have Nitto's is because I got them used really cheap. That's why most people have them because they got them used from someone that bought a better Drag Radial!

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:14 AM
The reason (like most people) I have Nitto's is because I got them used really cheap. That's why most people have them because they got them used from someone that bought a better Drag Radial!
yeah, you're completely done

SloFarmTruck
06-21-2005, 01:15 AM

actually, the nittos are the worst hooking out of all the DR's from my experience, but yes they do last the longest and the only ones available in a 17-18" size so that makes them the most purchased.

Let's see some pics of this LT1 car. I want to see how your cage is run. And is it a real anniversary edition white/orange striped car or just a general '97 SS that has the 30th anniversary seats and emblems or whatever. I always wanted a white/orange LT1 style SS drag car. So come on, post the pics or email them to me at Stage1GSX@aol.com

i'm always interested in meeting someone that's like me, a full out drag type person with their 4th gen! i wanna see some pics!

CrawlinZ

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:15 AM
hi chris :shades

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:16 AM
hi chris :shades
damn that was a quick edit

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Wait, I don't have a cage, but I do race with my Air conditioning running :thumbsup

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
heck yes it was chris stole my post spot.

SloFarmTruck
06-21-2005, 01:19 AM

you on a QTP or full slick?

If you are on a full slick, i'll take one for the tire, two for the cubic inches, and two and the hit for the spray vs. my cam only N/A LS1 Z. I need to get some more mods, DAMN!!

CrawlinZ

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:20 AM
I said you could have my K and or N filter.

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:22 AM
More like reach a few car lengths ahead of you and dream.

My time slip says different

I was runner up in the fastest street car shootout :headbang

Bring that little ls1 :devil

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't know, that looks alot like my hand.

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Does the trap speed say 101 mph or is that just me?

Irish
yeah, you're completely done

done with what??? :confused

UnderPSI
I will bring the torch so you can heat up your bottle.

Irish
06-21-2005, 01:25 AM
My time slip says different

I was runner up in the fastest street car shootout :headbang

Bring that little ls1 :devil

hey that looks like william'z time slip????

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:25 AM
HAHa :D

I will take it easy on ya since your an f body ;)

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:26 AM
done with what??? :confused
talking, butt hole!!!

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:27 AM
The reason I love my LT1 is because of the amount of spray she can hold reliably. Oh 350 is the small shot thats why my na numbers are so low :mad:

Irish
06-21-2005, 01:28 AM
talking, butt hole!!!

Okay A.C. Slater....... :rolf

UnderPSI
HAHa :D

I will take it easy on ya since your an f body ;)

Thanks :thumbsup Just wondering, how much does your car weigh?

SlowStee
Okay A.C. Slater....... :rolf
oh no! :chair: :chair:

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:29 AM
ehh that was 123mph thru the 1/8

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Just messing with you.

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:30 AM
2908 without me :mad: heavy ass cage

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Does it still have doors and things like that???

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Does it still have doors and things like that???

It still has ac that works

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I wonder what mine weighs?

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 01:33 AM
:thumbsup t top car too

GTSLOW
06-21-2005, 02:50 AM
******* clown..dont even get me started with you

Is it julian or julie :thumbsup

:rolf Oh you know im only messing with you! :rolf

BAD LS1
06-21-2005, 09:29 AM
" LT1's Have to Bore Stroke And Spray their $hit to keep up with Low Compression stock bottom end LS1's."

yeah...to KEEP UP....more like to not blow after spraying a 350 shot :thumbsup

but wait..LS1's can handle it right...Like toms LS1?

BWAHAHAAH ok tough guy! :rolf do you not realize my engine had 40,000 miles and litterally has been pounded for just about every one of them? it saw a 7100 reviliter all last season w/o a problem... and now that i was working a big shot through it (250) at motor for the 31st race and it oh so commonly lost a piston crown on a stock piston(see signature)...

yeah it wont blow after a 350shot... that ONLYgets used once in a while... im a whack job though i enjoy using my bottle and emptied that 250 shot through it and half of the 2 qt methanol injection injection tank in the course of 6 hours and less than 10 sprayed runs on the 15 lb bottle

I emptied 15 lbs through the truck sat night... so what?? it wasnt doing anything stupid kr or afr wise....

Ill wait to start **** after my car is set. but formy you had several oppertunities against the truck to show me/us wat you got... i had 3 people, me, kyle (a b4c z), and a chick in the back that goes 110 lbs dripping wet... and a 35 lb bottle with ONLY 550 psi in it and no heater ... what does that mean? my 75 shot would be lucky to be making 40-50 hp.... That will be changed by this weekend though.

Crawlin
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm still waiting for the 30th Anniversary car to answer if it's white/orange or just a regular color. That and i'm waiting for pics of the cage cause i'm having mine done soon and want to see how it's ran!!! Help me out man!

Chris

MoreTorque
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Heh I love hearing my old car pop up from time to time.

It sure didnt take a lot of cash to make it run a decent number. Stall, hotcam, and exhaust... sure not a big list.
Heck, the tune/program was so messed up that it died at the starting line quite often and nailed the rev limited half the time :)

I think it died at the line before the 12.45 run too :goof

I really would have liked to see what it could have done with some good heads and a dyno tune.

Hopefully my new LS1 won't be slow for too long. :(

Crawlin
06-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Heh I love hearing my old car pop up from time to time.

It sure didnt take a lot of cash to make it run a decent number. Stall, hotcam, and exhaust... sure not a big list.
Heck, the tune/program was so messed up that it died at the starting line quite often and nailed the rev limited half the time :)

I think it died at the line before the 12.45 run too :goof

I really would have liked to see what it could have done with some good heads and a dyno tune.

Hopefully my new LS1 won't be slow for too long. :(

I know it yanked those front C5 rims though :)

Irish
06-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I wish I could yank rims :mad:

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I emptied 15 lbs through the truck sat night... so what?? it wasnt doing anything stupid kr or afr wise....

Ill wait to start **** after my car is set. but formy you had several oppertunities against the truck to show me/us wat you got... i had 3 people, me, kyle (a b4c z), and a chick in the back that goes 110 lbs dripping wet... and a 35 lb bottle with ONLY 550 psi in it and no heater ... what does that mean? my 75 shot would be lucky to be making 40-50 hp.... That will be changed by this weekend though.

Does this mean I have something to prove to you? Ive raced many cars to see how mines running, and Im pretty sure its dead set at low 13's, but obviously It is still a 14 second car until I get to the track..:)...I could give a sh!t to race your truck tom :rolf

And anyways...40mph is the START of my 2nd gear......Not exactly the best place to start a race :)

BAD LS1
06-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Does this mean I have something to prove to you? Ive raced many cars to see how mines running, and Im pretty sure its dead set at low 13's, but obviously It is still a 14 second car until I get to the track..:)...I could give a sh!t to race your truck tom :rolf

And anyways...40mph is the START of my 2nd gear......Not exactly the best place to start a race :)

Well you did start the call out thread :goof so that open invitation and the truck is the only thing i have close to offer...

Who said anything about starting at 40? i prefer 38 or less so i can get 1st gear if it HAS to be from a roll... I really prefer from a stop with the truck.

well go to the track then like pronto... or better still race a bone stock ls1 f body stick or auto from a stop once... that will prove or dismis the low 13 sec theory in short order.

And once again! THIS IS ALL IN FUN! LIGHTEN UP!!! :durr

SlowStee
06-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Well you did start the call out thread :goof so that open invitation and the truck is the only thing i have close to offer...

Who said anything about starting at 40? i prefer 38 or less so i can get 1st gear if it HAS to be from a roll... I really prefer from a stop with the truck.

well go to the track then like pronto... or better still race a bone stock ls1 f body stick or auto from a stop once... that will prove or dismis the low 13 sec theory in short order.

And once again! THIS IS ALL IN FUN! LIGHTEN UP!!! :durr
Ive already Had my LS1 runs :)

HP ADDICT
06-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Could you tell me how you got rid of 500+ pounds and managed to keep the AC? I mean that is alot of weight out of a lt1 f-body......I really want to see that car out on the street.
2908 without me :mad: heavy ass cage

BAD LS1
06-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Ive already Had my LS1 runs :)

OK? then what were the HONEST results? ( this answer is too easy to fudge, if it even happend)

BAD LS1
06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Could you tell me how you got rid of 500+ pounds and managed to keep the AC? I mean that is alot of weight out of a lt1 f-body......I really want to see that car out on the street.

I think some pictures need to be produced at this point... starting to sound like a fairy tale race car... say im making judgment calls.. . but weve all been read this act on here before.

UnderPSI
06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Yea, must have got rid of more that 500 lbs with that cage in there. What did you get rid of

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Yea, must have got rid of more that 500 lbs with that cage in there. What did you get rid of

Prostars with skinneys up front, no rear seats, no rear seat belt assemblys, no front sway bar, no front and rear bumper supports, light weight cowl hood, Aftermarket k member 80 lbs lighter then stock, aftermarket torque arm, panhard, drilled axles, egr delete, no smog, no cats, all of my exhaust is lighter then the stock components, my tranny is lighter then your 4l60e's and a few more misc. things. BTW the cage is chromeoly its not to heavy

396LT1SS
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
street trim of my fake car :rolleyes:

SloFarmTruck
06-21-2005, 11:53 PM
1.) what aftermarket k-member? mine was only a 40lb drop using chromemoly.

2.) i'd be hard pressed to believe that the 4L60E is heavier than the TH400. But i've forgotten specifics.

PS - let's see pics of the cage like i said before. let's see pics of the car! i need some more pics to see how your cage is run. i need ideas!!!

CrawlinZ

396LT1SS
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
This site needs the image size upped

396LT1SS
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
street shoes were on let me find some more that are SMALL

396LT1SS
06-22-2005, 12:17 AM
1.) what aftermarket k-member? mine was only a 40lb drop using chromemoly.

2.) i'd be hard pressed to believe that the 4L60E is heavier than the TH400. But i've forgotten specifics.

PS - let's see pics of the cage like i said before. let's see pics of the car! i need some more pics to see how your cage is run. i need ideas!!!

CrawlinZ

1 . mine is a chromeoly k memeber also. Did you weigh yours?

2. look up the specs on rosslers th400

3 let me find some small pics :D

Firefighter Z
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Nice Car 396LT1SS :thumbsup :headbang

396LT1SS
06-22-2005, 12:20 AM
whitethunder thanks :thumbsup

396LT1SS
06-22-2005, 12:30 AM
well Im off to bed guys! work in the am :mad:

I will post more tomorrow c yaaaa

Firefighter Z
06-22-2005, 12:35 AM
396 Sounds sweet, I'm thinking of going with a 396 when my motor goes, just the other day it hit 180,000 miles and theres not a thing wrong with it. (knocks on wood)

Keep up the good work :thumbsup

Irish
06-22-2005, 07:06 AM
396 Sounds sweet, I'm thinking of going with a 396 when my motor goes, just the other day it hit 180,000 miles and theres not a thing wrong with it. (knocks on wood)

Keep up the good work :thumbsup

No do an LS1 swap. Then you will be fast.

97z2801ss
06-22-2005, 08:07 AM
sweet car 396! :thumbsup

Crawlin
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
never checked rossler's site. like i said i didn't remember how it weighed exactly.

and i never weighed my own k-member, i just took what has been weighed by a number of different other LS1 owners and went with that number.

believe me, read my posts, i'm not doubting you or the car, i just want to see mroe of it. are you now living around here? cause like i said, it'd be cool to have someone with a car like that running around. i need another fellow full out drag car guy, there's too many mustangs around here.

Chris

pics of the cage!!!

Firefighter Z
06-22-2005, 12:46 PM
No do an LS1 swap. Then you will be fast.

Why? Then my car wouldn't sound like a waste management truck then. :thumbsup

T-Bag
06-22-2005, 01:04 PM

So that's why your neighbors always have the garbage out :D

My mom always has it out too....we have a LT1 in our neighborhood.

Firefighter Z
06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Why is your mom trying to throw away your car? :goof j/k

Irish
06-22-2005, 02:17 PM

I think I overheard someone at power tour that works for waste management talking about how they raced an Lt1 with their garbage truck and beat the LT1 up to third gear. Oh yeah the garbage truck had 100 shot on it I guess. :rolf

Crawlin
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
I think I overheard someone at power tour that works for waste management talking about how they raced an Lt1 with their garbage truck and beat the LT1 up to third gear. Oh yeah the garbage truck had 100 shot on it I guess. :rolf

garbage/farm? same thing.....

Irish
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
It was a little recycle truck!

HP ADDICT
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Prostars with skinneys up front, no rear seats, no rear seat belt assemblys, no front sway bar, no front and rear bumper supports, light weight cowl hood, Aftermarket k member 80 lbs lighter then stock, aftermarket torque arm, panhard, drilled axles, egr delete, no smog, no cats, all of my exhaust is lighter then the stock components, my tranny is lighter then your 4l60e's and a few more misc. things. BTW the cage is chromeoly its not to heavy
80#s lighter then stock on the k member? What is it plastic or somthing? Biggest drops I have heard there are 40#s and maybe 55 if you change out the a-arms etc. I still dont see anywhere close to saving 500 pounds, and the 500 is from a low 3400 pd weight car to get to 2900#s. I really dont want to call BS but I am having a hard time seeing a sub 3000# t-top lt1 car.(with a cage) and AC. Most aftermarket tq arms weight more then stock, seats and brackets in rear what 30#s max? I guess you could teach me some things.....Get that thing out. I want to see a NA street car running 9's around here. I know its possible but I have never seen it around here.

BAD LS1
06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
OK im going to give my facts on my cars weight for comparison here... something dont add up...

2001 SS 6 speed T Top car, no a/c compressor, condensor or lines. Speed inc lightweight carpet, Wolfe racecraft 6 pt blt in mild steel cage, front and rear crash beams removed, all heat shielding removed underneath, no front swaybar, moser 12 bolt w/ spool. Centerline convo pros at all 4 corners with M/T fronts and 28"x11.50 E/T drags on the rear, HAL stocker R shocks at all 4 corners, BMR tubular k member, BMR tubular subframes, SPOHN adj torque arm, no spare or jack Still has rear seats....

This with 1/2 tanks of gas (gas only 7lbs a gallon) weighed 3280 w/o me in it.

Break down of stuff i weighed on mine.

Stock 17x9 zr1 wheels and tires 45 lbs each
Convo pro front wheels and tires- 23 lbs each
Convo Pro rear wheels and tires- 33 lbs each

a/c loss 20 lbs
Rear seat, belts, ass doughnuts = 20 lbs
spare and jack 40 lbs

Wolfe mild steel cage- 85 lbs complete
bmr tubular k member 34 lbs (36 lbs shipweight)
stock k member 45 lbs
Stock 10 bolt rear w/o brakes 115 lbs
Moser 12 bolt w/ spool w/brakes 244 lbs

Front and rear crash beams 18 lbs each
Light weight carpeting 35 lbs
stock carpeting 56lbs

Stainless cat back exh system- 48 lbs

Stock Torque arm 15lbs
Spohn torque arm 34 lbs

You people can be the judge... its pretty hard to make one these cars weigh under 3,000 lbs ESPECIALLY considering an LT1 car is going to be heavier with its cast iron block. It takes just about a tin can car to weigh under 3,000 lbs technically....

T-Bag
06-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Why is your mom trying to throw away your car? :goof j/k

Not yet, i was thinking of buying my friend's moms 93 z28, and spray it with a 100 shot. I might be able to take on a bolt-on 5.0 then. :goof

BAD LS1
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Not yet, i was thinking of buying my friend's moms 93 z28, and spray it with a 100 shot. I might be able to take on a bolt-on 5.0 then. :goof

:rolf wow we are hard on the lt-1 guys

Al
06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Would that Z have the LT1 in the trunk with an LS1 under the hood? I thought you were actually talking about an LT1 powered car for a minute! :goof

Yes, I am an :asshole and I don't know what I am talking about!

SloFarmTruck
06-22-2005, 08:15 PM
if i ever had an LT1, it'd get a TH400 and i'd spray it with a 350 shot and hope it hits 10's, haha :) talk about budget cheap street!! i mean, LT1's are like $500 a piece now right?

Chris/CrawlinZ

HP ADDICT
06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
OK im going to give my facts on my cars weight for comparison here... something dont add up...

2001 SS 6 speed T Top car, no a/c compressor, condensor or lines. Speed inc lightweight carpet, Wolfe racecraft 6 pt blt in mild steel cage, front and rear crash beams removed, all heat shielding removed underneath, no front swaybar, moser 12 bolt w/ spool. Centerline convo pros at all 4 corners with M/T fronts and 28"x11.50 E/T drags on the rear, HAL stocker R shocks at all 4 corners, BMR tubular k member, BMR tubular subframes, SPOHN adj torque arm, no spare or jack Still has rear seats....

This with 1/2 tanks of gas (gas only 7lbs a gallon) weighed 3280 w/o me in it.

Break down of stuff i weighed on mine.

Stock 17x9 zr1 wheels and tires 45 lbs each
Convo pro front wheels and tires- 23 lbs each
Convo Pro rear wheels and tires- 33 lbs each

a/c loss 20 lbs
Rear seat, belts, ass doughnuts = 20 lbs
spare and jack 40 lbs

Wolfe mild steel cage- 85 lbs complete
bmr tubular k member 34 lbs (36 lbs shipweight)
stock k member 45 lbs
Stock 10 bolt rear w/o brakes 115 lbs
Moser 12 bolt w/ spool w/brakes 244 lbs

Front and rear crash beams 18 lbs each
Light weight carpeting 35 lbs
stock carpeting 56lbs

Stainless cat back exh system- 48 lbs

Stock Torque arm 15lbs
Spohn torque arm 34 lbs

You people can be the judge... its pretty hard to make one these cars weigh under 3,000 lbs ESPECIALLY considering an LT1 car is going to be heavier with its cast iron block. It takes just about a tin can car to weigh under 3,000 lbs technically....
Thats what I'm saying....Lets see this car. I have troubles believing the weight. Mines not even running and I want to see this thing.

Firefighter Z
06-22-2005, 10:34 PM
if i ever had an LT1, it'd get a TH400 and i'd spray it with a 350 shot and hope it hits 10's, haha :) talk about budget cheap street!! i mean, LT1's are like $500 a piece now right?

Chris/CrawlinZ

Your close Chris, the junkyard sells them LT1's for $550-1000 and thats only the high mileage ones. :wooo
LT1 enigines for sale in Wisconsin (http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi)

Josh

GHOSST
06-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Well, last year if you would have put a Mustang 5.0 with Intake/Exhaust/Chip against my LT1 with the same mods only, I would have walked all over it. Thats all I had last year and I was runnin over stangs all the time. Ask Brian, he knows. Mike gave me the best race I ever had against a modded or not stang, within our speed range of course. Maybe this salvaged vert right off the recycle line has some secrets.. I doubt it though.

T-Bag
06-23-2005, 07:37 AM
:rolf wow we are hard on the lt-1 guys

I don't see it ending until several of them break through....so basically this won't end :D

WilliamZ
06-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Well, last year if you would have put a Mustang 5.0 with Intake/Exhaust/Chip against my LT1 with the same mods only, I would have walked all over it. Thats all I had last year and I was runnin over stangs all the time. Ask Brian, he knows. Mike gave me the best race I ever had against a modded or not stang, within our speed range of course. Maybe this salvaged vert right off the recycle line has some secrets.. I doubt it though.

Depends on what year 5.0. A 94-95 maybe. If you take a 89 LX 5.0 5-speed with a great driver with intake, header, exhaust vs an LT-1 with the same mods the 5.0 should win. A drag race from a stop that is. Not a speed range, lol

97z2801ss
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
its kool make fun... dont bother me at all..

I guess its cuz i get to drive an Ls1 and lt1 :banana

SlowStee
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Depends on what year 5.0. A 94-95 maybe. If you take a 89 LX 5.0 5-speed with a great driver with intake, header, exhaust vs an LT-1 with the same mods the 5.0 should win. A drag race from a stop that is. Not a speed range, lol
The only way this is true is if the LT1 is stock...Still not a for sure win for the 5.0

UnderPSI
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Mabey his cage and K member and seat brackets are made out of PVC or something.???

STKMACH
06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I think I overheard someone at power tour that works for waste management talking about how they raced an Lt1 with their garbage truck and beat the LT1 up to third gear. Oh yeah the garbage truck had 100 shot on it I guess. :rolf Your too funny man LMFAO, Also the W/M truck weighed more than your car, I think they sprayed a 200 shot :goof

ScottyB14
06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I was trying to stay out of this cause i own a LT1 and i will let the a$$ ripping begin now that i said that but i have an honest question, i see more guys going to the 383 stroker kit or the 355 stroker for the LT1's and i was thinking about goin with the 383 this winter. Opinions? Suggestions?Keep them to a simple roar please. And WHITETHUNDER, saw ya today, nice sounding car, i was in the red Z28, what kind of exhaust do you have, im thinking about going to borla or something.

TransAm12sec
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Michaels built a 396 LT1. AFR heads(they owner didn't know the ccs), SLP loudmouth; I didn't ask what the specs were on the cam, Spec 3, stock rear for now, 5xx hp. 11 something was put into the motor. He showed me a vid on his cell phone of him racing an LS1 with a 150 shot, and the LS1 dissapeared from the side view. He also had a bunch of suspension mods, except for subframe connectors and relocation brackets; I explained to him what the relocation brackets do.

GHOSST
06-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Depends on what year 5.0. A 94-95 maybe. If you take a 89 LX 5.0 5-speed with a great driver with intake, header, exhaust vs an LT-1 with the same mods the 5.0 should win. A drag race from a stop that is. Not a speed range, lol I dont beleive it, put a good driver behind the LT1 with the same mods, and its no question. Like I said, I never had a prob beating 5.0's when I was slighty moded, and I know they were too, from a roll or dig, don't tell me all were bad drivers? Now, my old 84' Camaro 5.0 H/O 5-speed would be a good race for a 89 LX slighty moded, my first muscle, and it was a carbed dream... I want it back:(. But yeah, I wanna see this stock LT1 vs. The desired year stock 5.0 race, both with good drivers behind the wheels...

ScottyB14
06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
then i dont see why everyone rips on them so bad. out of the box yes they arent the fastest but they are capable of being fast with not all to much money put into them. just my opinion im sure their will be amny others so let them come.

BAD LS1
06-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Michaels built a 396 LT1. AFR heads(they owner didn't know the ccs), SLP loudmouth; I didn't ask what the specs were on the cam, Spec 3, stock rear for now, 5xx hp. 11 something was put into the motor. He showed me a vid on his cell phone of him racing an LS1 with a 150 shot, and the LS1 dissapeared from the side view. He also had a bunch of suspension mods, except for subframe connectors and relocation brackets; I explained to him what the relocation brackets do.

Aww why does this crap crawl out of the wood work after my motor took a dump :confused

At the time it was running.... i would have had a stock long blocked LS1 with a 100 shot he should have tried at the time... the new motor should be set by mid july, ($1200) short block not 11,000... and still just barely over stock cubes... but i cant gaurentee wit will only havea 100 shot on it then, since i doubled that and then some when it launched a piston crown.

T-Bag
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
I dont beleive it, put a good driver behind the LT1 with the same mods, and its no question. Like I said, I never had a prob beating 5.0's when I was slighty moded, and I know they were too, from a roll or dig, don't tell me all were bad drivers? Now, my old 84' Camaro 5.0 H/O 5-speed would be a good race for a 89 LX slighty moded, my first muscle, and it was a carbed dream... I want it back:(. But yeah, I wanna see this stock LT1 vs. The desired year stock 5.0 race, both with good drivers behind the wheels...

That 84....was it modded? I know those HO motors were pretty laughable for their claimed 190 or so hp (give or take a few). I remember a guy in my autos class in school had a trans am with the HO and it's goofy dual intake tubes, 5 speed etc. That thing barely beat the ol' 3.1 v6 crap am, the many times we raced down the private drive before they put the speed bumps in. I don't think it would quite stand a chance against 5.0, unless it was a beat automatic.

Firefighter Z
06-23-2005, 10:46 PM
then i dont see why everyone rips on them so bad. out of the box yes they arent the fastest but they are capable of being fast with not all to much money put into them. just my opinion im sure their will be amny others so let them come.

Did you happen to be on Howell Ave today and happen to see a white camaro behind you? If it was you I tried catching up but kept getting cut off by every mofo known to man... I was looking to line up with ya. :shades

ScottyB14
06-24-2005, 01:29 AM
that would be me. I like your car. I see you a lot but never heard it. What kind of exhaust is that you have?i like how it sounds.sounds clean. i have SLP Loudmouth and it sounds nice when i get on it but when i let off it back fires a bit. I dont like it. Im gonna go with something else. Dont know what yet do you have any other mods? Where do you live? we may have to cruise it up sometime. Rum them perhaps. :D

WilliamZ
06-24-2005, 06:05 AM

LS1 dissapeared? I was told by the guy that he has never had anyone hang/pull on him like that before. All 3 guys had big grins on their faces. Nice guys. Would have stayed and talked but we had to get off of highway at the time. I was shocked how close it was. It did sound very nice when it was in front of me at a light.

SloFarmTruck
06-24-2005, 06:58 AM
most people go 383 because in an lt1, the price difference between the 355 and the 383 seems to be nonexistant, compared to an LS1 that at bare minimum it's a $1500 (crankshaft difference). look at what he wrote though....

$11,000 for that 396 :wow

My old fully built LS1 motor was ALOT less than that. Enough that you could buy the suspension pieces and a rear end! But of course you could go HIGHER with either motor.

To go fast cheap, the LS1 will be ahead of the game at the beginning of the modding process. But once you get up into that territory that i had been, that Tom is going, that this 396 guy is, you are going to be spending alot of money either way. You can set yourself a goal and it's gonna take pretty close to the same amount of $ to get there between the two motors. Depending on what parts were used, $11,000 into an LT1 is ALOT of money.

CrawlinZ

SloFarmTruck
06-24-2005, 06:59 AM
LS1 dissapeared? I was told by the guy that he has never had anyone hang/pull on him like that before. All 3 guys had big grins on their faces. Nice guys. Would have stayed and talked but we had to get off of highway at the time. I was shocked how close it was. It did sound very nice when it was in front of me at a light.

Come on, you know better than that.... at the time of the race it's always nice and friendly. But when they get back to their friends, they figure they'll never hear from you again and embelish the story a little bit :rolleyes: Especially after dropping $18g's on the setup and have a stock LS1 with exhaust and a nitrous kit putting out probably 100 ACTUAL RWHP keep up. Couldn't imagine it if CDW had a converter :eek:

Irish
06-24-2005, 07:35 AM
I had to use spray on a LT1 cause they are so damn fast........ :rolleyes:

BAD LS1
06-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Williams, throw up a pic so he can become aquainted with ur car again how about that plate shot? :goof

Here is my 3300 lbs with weight reduction slug small cube LS1 to look for in a couple weeks...

any pics of the 396 car?

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=170

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=173

WilliamZ
06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Williams, throw up a pic so he can become aquainted with ur car again how about that plate shot? :goof

Here is my 3300 lbs with weight reduction slug small cube LS1 to look for in a couple weeks...

any pics of the 396 car?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/792000-792999/792084_33_full.jpg

TransAm12sec
06-24-2005, 10:25 AM
The passenger was getting a side shot with the phone, and I was watching it on a small screen. Was the LS1 right by his rear quarter?

I don't have any pics of the car, everything was factory besides the SLP tailpipes. Cowl hood, ZR1 look alikes(what's the proper name for them?), I think the shifter was a hurst.

What speed did you guys start to go? When I saw him last week, a friend of his said he has "homemade slicks", so it couldn't have been to low.

Oh, I'm pretty sure 11 included the labor.

Crawlin
06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
i heard 18g's total ;)

but that's not the point.

cool to see another built up f-body. i'll try him with my lowly 390rwhp cam only LS1 car! might have to spot me out some :)

UnderPSI
06-24-2005, 11:23 AM
You wish you had 390hp. I told you to keep the old motor. :chair: The car still sounds good with your old exhaust.

Crawlin
06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
A man can dream can't he? atleast it doesn't idle as rough as it once did. i can keep low profile now.

Chris

UnderPSI
06-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Yea, it does idle alot better, but it is still really loud with the dumps. I mean cat back.

Firefighter Z
06-24-2005, 02:34 PM
SCOTTYB14...that would be me. I like your car. I see you a lot but never heard it. What kind of exhaust is that you have?i like how it sounds.sounds clean. i have SLP Loudmouth and it sounds nice when i get on it but when i let off it back fires a bit. I dont like it. Im gonna go with something else. Dont know what yet do you have any other mods? Where do you live? we may have to cruise it up sometime. Rum them perhaps.

The exhaust setup I have is Hooker LT Headers, Hooker ORYP and SLP Loudmouth... Some say it sounds like a garbage truck some say it sounds badazz.... Mine back fires alot since im running no cat so I have to re-tune it again.
I have quite a few mods you just have to check out my car domain site cause i dont feel like going through the list. So heres my site~~~>WHITE THUNDERS CAR PICS (http://www.cardomain.com/id/arcticwhitez28)
I live in South Milwaukee right by Rawson Ave with in walking distance of the PIG.
Yeah we could cruise sometime and hopefully my engine will last this summer before it goes under the knife to something a little bit better.

Josh

GHOSST
06-25-2005, 09:19 AM
That 84....was it modded? I know those HO motors were pretty laughable for their claimed 190 or so hp (give or take a few). I remember a guy in my autos class in school had a trans am with the HO and it's goofy dual intake tubes, 5 speed etc. That thing barely beat the ol' 3.1 v6 crap am, the many times we raced down the private drive before they put the speed bumps in. I don't think it would quite stand a chance against 5.0, unless it was a beat automatic.

Tyler? I been talking to you this whole time? With beef and all?? Hahahahahah, thats funny. Where's the Talon? Got somethin new? A$$, did you know it was me? Mike and Brians guy with the Vert Z? Anyways, that 5.0 wasn't too moded, flowmaster and chip. Ask Brian, he went for a ride in it, no V6 would have kept up in that car. Your buddy wasn't doin somethin right.

T-Bag
06-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Tyler? I been talking to you this whole time? With beef and all?? Hahahahahah, thats funny. Where's the Talon? Got somethin new? A$$, did you know it was me? Mike and Brians guy with the Vert Z? Anyways, that 5.0 wasn't too moded, flowmaster and chip. Ask Brian, he went for a ride in it, no V6 would have kept up in that car. Your buddy wasn't doin somethin right.

haha, dude I knew it was your since last summer. You didn't know this was me? I never talk with beef, I just love givin shiyat :D I'm not sayin you are bullshitting by any means, i'm just sayin my experiences with the H.O motor.

I got rid of the talon a in december, got my white mustang, sold it and got a bike. You would know this stuff if you were ever out :thumbsup Where have you been? I suppose working third shift kinda limits your night fun.

GHOSST
06-25-2005, 09:56 PM
You bet ya, only get to be out on Wed/Thur nights... and thats if I'm not out and about at the club or somethin. Bike???? What made you go there? I'm thinking of getting one next year...

T-Bag
06-26-2005, 01:17 AM
You bet ya, only get to be out on Wed/Thur nights... and thats if I'm not out and about at the club or somethin. Bike???? What made you go there? I'm thinking of getting one next year...

All my friends have bikes, it's nice to go out riding with people you know. I think it's a lot more fun than having a quick car, although it is completely different. More of a thrill to me personally.

WilliamZ
06-30-2005, 07:54 AM

Well I ran this red SS again last night a few times from a roll. It was just him in the car last night. It was me and the gf in my car. She was trying to study for her final today.. Anyway, each time I clearly was ahead of his car. He didn't seem to remember me from when we got on it a little bit the other week. Maybe it was the new wheels :confused He seemed very anxious to ask what I had done to my car. This time I didn't have my drag radials on either.

BAD LS1
06-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Well I ran this red SS again last night a few times from a roll. It was just him in the car last night. It was me and the gf in my car. She was trying to study for her final today.. Anyway, each time I clearly was ahead of his car. He didn't seem to remember me from when we got on it a little bit the other week. Maybe it was the new wheels :confused He seemed very anxious to ask what I had done to my car. This time I didn't have my drag radials on either.

:headbang Has the GF out of shear lust for the LS1 wanted you to pop the hood yet and fondle the LS1 like the sig pic? :goof That would be fukkin bad ass!

Im sure my LS1 wouldnt say no :rolf Heres a teaser pic for the lady :goof
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9458/197553300vqskjeph3xv.jpg

WilliamZ
06-30-2005, 10:05 AM
:headbang Has the GF out of shear lust for the LS1 wanted you to pop the hood yet and fondle the LS1 like the sig pic? :goof That would be fukkin bad ass!

:rolf Yea right! She isn't into cars that much. When we are around a group of F-Bodies she does say LT-1's are slow and LS1's are fast ;) She can tell the difference of years of TA's by the tail lights.

BAD LS1
06-30-2005, 10:11 AM
:rolf Yea right! She isn't into cars that much. When we are around a group of F-Bodies she does say LT-1's are slow and LS1's are fast ;) She can tell the difference of years of TA's by the tail lights.

Excellent! thats a good start! next thing youll know shes gonna want her own LS1 drag car at this rate :wow

SloFarmTruck
06-30-2005, 11:37 AM
LS1 drag car??? is there such a thing?

UnderPSI
06-30-2005, 11:41 AM
nope its a myth like ligers.

Junky Giorgio
06-30-2005, 11:43 AM
nope its a myth like ligers.
LIGERS ARE REAL GOSH! i swear i seen one like the other day.... :rolf

BAD LS1
06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
She'll be making him try to buy ronnie dukes T/A or matt harlans Firehawk yet just for her self and will have decals for license plates that say "NOT CDWS" :wooo :rolf Or you guys could get them both and have His and Hers :goof

Now there would be a girl with some GOOD but EXPENSIVE tastes! :alcoholic

Prince Valiant
06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
LIGERS ARE REAL GOSH! i swear i seen one like the other day.... :rolf
true:

http://www.tigers-animal-actors.com/about/liger/ligerkrf.JPG

http://www.tigers-animal-actors.com/about/liger/ligerstand.JPG

and no, those aren't midgets either.