PDA

View Full Version : Banjo minnow -- Who else uses it besides me and LOVES IT ?

awsomeears
06-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Who else uses it ?

Every time I went out this year, 3 times and soon alot more ) ive caught a 15 1/2 Bass and a 16" bass

And today I had Two 13" or so hooked but I set the hook to early and pulled it out of his mouth.

Ohh yea I was standing on the boat so I could see it, and it was 8 am and sunny out in 4" of water

Its funny when people ask me " what bait do you mainly use " First I start out with the Banjo minnow then " The Worm " then a rapala.

Everyones like Banjo minnow that thing dont work................. Im like " You ever use it " there like No but a buddy has

BS I say

There has been countless times where I drop the minnow feet away and jerk it and WAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hook line sinker

Anyone else have good feedback on this ?

Ohh yea and if you have it and hate it ill buy them off you

Al
06-20-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm thinking about getting a fishing license at Walmart.

I usually use worms, but mabey I'll try something different this time.

Cryptic
06-20-2005, 09:55 AM
buy it online here

https://wildlifelicense.com/wi/

Prince Valiant
06-20-2005, 10:25 AM
heh...I've used shiner's the size of most WI bass. Largest Largemouth to date is a 14 pounder, ~25 inches :thumbsup

jbiscuit
06-20-2005, 11:44 AM
I love plastic minnows in general. I caught 9 fish in an hour at Governor Dodge's Twin Valley lake out of a canoe! Couple small mouth, a couple crappie, couple blue gill....

PonyKiller87
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Ive used those banjo things, got them dirt cheep at walmart once. They worked pretty good for small fish, but I out grew that. Now the only fishing I do is for musky and northern. The bait I use now is bigger than some of the fish I used to catch :D

This weekend I had 3 decent size musky follow the bait right up to the boat but never bite. I would have had to throw them back anyways because the lake minimum is 40" Another guy in the boat almost had one that was in the 50" neighborhood, but it spit the bate before he could set the hook.

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 08:10 PM
i bought it and used it once. i let my friend try it and his first cast he caught a 21" bass. I normally stick to muskie fishing. But for bass i use spinners and zara spooks.

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Ive used those banjo things, got them dirt cheep at walmart once. They worked pretty good for small fish, but I out grew that. Now the only fishing I do is for musky and northern. The bait I use now is bigger than some of the fish I used to catch :D

This weekend I had 3 decent size musky follow the bait right up to the boat but never bite. I would have had to throw them back anyways because the lake minimum is 40" Another guy in the boat almost had one that was in the 50" neighborhood, but it spit the bate before he could set the hook.
where do you fish musky??? you go often?

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 08:14 PM
i go on pewaukee a lot.

Lash
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I had 2 Northern (at the same time) "follow up" last weeks on Okauchee, Caught a 16" bass too...on a yellow spinner.

I'll have to try this banjo minnow out.

Silver03SRT
06-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Okauchee has been hot latley. I guess there was a 56" muskie caught last weekend.

Lash
06-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah...but you gotta get to the public launch before 6:30 a.m. or good luck getting on the lake.

0TransAm0
06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
i dont fisj the inland lakes much got a 22 foot boat set up for trollin so im on the big pond most of the time..

Lash
06-20-2005, 10:11 PM
So are you gonna offer BCM charters then? :D

:thumbsup

awsomeears
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
I'll have to try this banjo minnow out.

Ebay and search on google for stores :thumbsup

Its not a cast and real in type, its a cast jerk-jerk real in and do that over and over :thumbsup

I love to fish in shallow water in the early morning so I can see stuff :thumbsup the lake I fish at has weed beds everywhere so I spend like 10-20 mins each then move on.

Anyone use " The Worm " ? I can remember going to some dudes house with my dad and buying these, now there in kmart and such. Orange and Brown are the best.

Funny thing is I havent fished in 2-3 years till this year, I got the bug to go out and im back at it :thumbsup

I dont keep them tho :wooo usually id keep them at eat them, now I feel bad keeping them :wow I have no clue why cuz im not PITA person but I dunno I just like catching them and letting them go.

Now if I go Bull Head fishing id keep them :headbang

Or if I wanted a Fish dinner that night id keep them :D

PonyKiller87
06-21-2005, 08:08 AM
I go when ever I get a chance to go up north, which isnt nearly enough. A good friend of my family has a cabin up on Archibald Lake in Townsend(about 1.5 hours north of Green Bay) We had to many people this last weekend so we took the pontoon boat out. 4 people fishing and the dog keepin watch, lol.

turboZ
06-21-2005, 11:11 AM
I go when ever I get a chance to go up north, which isnt nearly enough. A good friend of my family has a cabin up on Archibald Lake in Townsend(about 1.5 hours north of Green Bay) We had to many people this last weekend so we took the pontoon boat out. 4 people fishing and the dog keepin watch, lol.

I pass threw there every time I hit our lakehome its up about 30mins north of eagle river. Way out in the boonies, anyhow this pass weekend I was up there I use a littel rubber worm, anise sented, purple with a white strip best bait Ive ever used. Caught a 22in 5.5ib bass off our dock up there with that.

PonyKiller87
06-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Check out this web page, this is the bait most of us were using(the regular and the magnum size) One of the guys had another style bait from the same company, and we also had some bucktails, but nothing was hitting those.

http://www.muskyinnovations.com/bulldawgs.htm

These things seem to work great at getting the fishes attention but its tough to get them to bite.

Oh yeah, this year I finaly stopped using my 30yr old Zebco reel and got an Abu Garcia and a new 7' pole. Its so much nicer, especialy when your throwing that huge bait out there.

Silver03SRT
06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
The bulldawg is more of a spring/fall bait. Either that or when a cold front moves in when the fish are not moving that much. Ya i would agree the black and brown/orange is the best color. I troll down here, but when i go up north i use a lot of topwater and bucktails.

Silver03SRT
06-22-2005, 03:39 PM
If anyone is planning on going fishing this weekend do it. This friday should be awesome. We are supposed to get storms friday night.

PonyKiller87
06-23-2005, 01:01 AM
The bulldawg is more of a spring/fall bait. Either that or when a cold front moves in when the fish are not moving that much. Ya i would agree the black and brown/orange is the best color. I troll down here, but when i go up north i use a lot of topwater and bucktails.

Yeah I know, but if theres no action after awhile I try something different. 4 people for about an hour and no hits, sightings or anything on the bucktails and rapalas. 2 of us switched to the bulldawg and within 2 casts we both had fish following them up to the boat.

awsomeears
06-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Im telling ya man, Banjo Minnow kicks ass..................

Ive droped it in front of Bass and BAM they eat it up :alcoholic

Crazy Z28
06-23-2005, 11:43 AM
I have the banjo minnow but rarely use it. Any tips on using it.

Silver03SRT
06-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Its really simple. Just twitch your rod while reeling it in. Stop for a second and continue. Its a hard lure to screw up.

ScottyB14
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Theirs a pond that i got to in racine on occasion but when i do i can catch as many bass as i want. It a private pond that i have been going to since i can remember. its a lot of fun. i have brought a few of my buddies their and they have the times of theirs lives. the biggest bass i caught out of it was right around 5-6 pounds. I havent gone yet this year but all this talk has me thinkin about it.

lotsals1
06-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Bajo's kick azz --I got my 22 inch bass and my 13.6 lb walleye on those :thumbsup Small Mouths love them too -but i have not caught a big one on it yet

Silver03SRT
06-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Private ponds are fun as hell. Smallmouth fishing is always fun I went Memorial day weekend.

awsomeears
06-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I have the banjo minnow but rarely use it. Any tips on using it.

Twitch the rod a few times and real it in Twice........ Repeat :thumbsup

If you dont like it ill buy it off ya :banana for real :thumbsup

ScottyB14
06-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Im smelling a brew city fishing tourny. Everyone through in a few bucks biggest top three fish takes the money.

GTSLOW
06-24-2005, 03:34 AM
I Now the only fishing I do is for musky and northern. The bait I use now is bigger than some of the fish I used to catch :D

:thumbsup

lotsals1
06-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Im smelling a brew city fishing tourny. Everyone through in a few bucks biggest top three fish takes the money.id be in for a lil beer drinkin and fishin --someone pick a lake --i'd need a boat of course :goof

Lash
06-25-2005, 05:48 PM
A few party pontoons would be sweet!!!!

Al
06-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't miss something like that.

As for myself and fishing, the largest thing I ever caught was a small smallmouth. I'd say it was about 8 inches long. :rolleyes:

I want to catch a bigger fish.

Lash
06-25-2005, 09:38 PM
So I went to Walmart to get one of these Banjo Minnows...and they don't carry them anymore. I went to Dunhams a week ago to buy a new pole and din't see them there either (although I didn't look too hard).

Any other places that might still have them?

y2kws6
06-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I know when I used them the Banjo frog was the best for me on the lake, but they only gave you 4 and 2 of them ended up in trees from friends trying to fish :fire , lol. I might have to go to the bass pro shop again and pick me up a set when I get stateside again.

Dan

Cryptic
06-25-2005, 11:38 PM
am I the only one on the board surprised to see this thread go for 3 pages + :goof

Silver03SRT
06-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Ya my threads normally die with a day or two and i think that they are pretty intersting. I posted side exit pics of my car and pics of a Ford GT that i saw. By the way i would be down for a fishing get together. I dont have a boat i always go with someone else but i know how to fish. I think SportMart might have the Banjo minnow.

Silver03SRT
06-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I would like to go bass fishing on some lake. I just bought a new bass rod/reel and wanna test it out. It better be worth the $300 I spend on it.

awsomeears
06-26-2005, 02:46 AM
am I the only one on the board surprised to see this thread go for 3 pages + :goof

Ditto :rolf

Whats there to argue about its good O' Fishing :headbang

Silver03SRT
06-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Soo when we going to get this fishing/pontoon trip going. And where.

ScottyB14
06-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Im up for a fishing trip. pontoon boats would be the best but where to get a couple. if anyone wants to go and knows of one. let us know. And just to let you guys know, if we do go, prepare to get your a$$es handed to you.

Silver03SRT
06-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Hahaha. My car might not be as fast as some on here but when it comes to fishing in know my stuff. Sometime in July i think Pewaukee lake rents pontoons. I am sure there are other lakes around too.

ScottyB14
06-26-2005, 01:52 PM
I know on lake tichigan their is a guy who rents big party boats out and they have grills and tables on them. Its like a stretched pontoon boat. but tichigan is not that good of fishing now because it is a shallower lake with hella weeds by now. In early june its good bass fishing but a little to late now.

Cryptic
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Big party out on tichigan today... A Band was playing out on the barge was really good. rockin :headbang

Ohh yeah... my son out fished the hell out of me.

http://www.crypticvault.com/albums/fishing/IMG_1369.sized.jpg

Lash
06-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Damnit!!! Stores don't carry the banjo Minnow anymore.

Guess I gotta search the intraweb now :goof

awsomeears
06-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Damnit!!! Stores don't carry the banjo Minnow anymore.

Guess I gotta search the intraweb now :goof

http://search.ebay.com/banjo-minnow_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8 :thumbsup

ScottyB14
06-27-2005, 01:13 PM
I have the bionic minnow and frog that i rarely ever use. its like the newer model of the banjo minnow. i actually was not that big of a fan of it.

Crazy Z28
06-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Twitch the rod a few times and real it in Twice........ Repeat :thumbsup

If you dont like it ill buy it off ya :banana for real :thumbsup

Well I just kind of inheritted (sp) a boat so I'll have to try it more before I give it up. :)

awsomeears
06-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Well I just kind of inheritted (sp) a boat so I'll have to try it more before I give it up. :)

Just make sure you put a Black O' ring on then the hook then another O' ring :thumbsup

I just put the Hook on and then 1 O' ring.

IM not sure if it really matters but its somthing I noticed.

Then again im catching fish pretty quick so maybe im getting more action but who knows :rolf

Good luck :banana