PDA

View Full Version : These guys got balls....

Crawlin
06-16-2005, 08:26 PM
check this out....

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the mail, I want you to Remove the Ad Posted from the Website that the (Car ) has been Sold and do not sell to anyone,in which iam been looking for the such Car for the past fews months ago,in which i will offer you $18,000 for the Car,I have Discussed with my Associate I Have a Associate that Owns me the Sum of $22,000 so i have Disscussed with me he told me that he will send you a Cashier Check of the Sum of $22,000 so you can deduct the $18,200 for the(Car ) and send the excess balance fund to my Shipper Via Western Union Money Transfer who will be coming for the Shippment they will be coming for the Shippment immediately they get the payment from you I want you to get back to me with your contact details of where my Associates will send you the check, where the check will be send to like this Below here

full name.........
full address...........
city..................
state.................
zipcode............
country................
home phone..............
cell phone..............
fax number..............
work phone number.......

Attn:-- i will like you to get back to me that you Understand that you
will send the Excess Balance funds to my Shipper Via Western Union money transfer immidiately you recieve the Check who will be Coming for the Shippment they will be coming for the shippment immediately they get the payment from you hope to see your contact details so that payment can be made out to you on time,my regards to you and your family,
thanks
Regards..
Remain Bless
Mathews

To MY DEALERSHIP!!!!!

Yooformula
06-16-2005, 08:28 PM
BUWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :rolf :tomato :crazyeyes

Crawlin
06-16-2005, 08:30 PM
my response:

1.) Write me back with a VALID phone number to reach you at that is NOT a 800 number. A house number will be needed for contract purposes as well as validation of name/address/shipping location.
2.) Visit www.braeger.com and fill out the finance application so that we have all your information to put down on the contract.

I will not remove ad until I have this information AND have personally talked to you.

Chris

his response:

Dear Chris,
Thanks for the mail, here is my phone #, (410) 246 5532, but it is faulty that is why i would have call yu and sorry for the incovienieces, i will like you to kindly forward me the neccessary info requested below here asap so that the payment can be made asap.

Mathews

My Response:

Well,

Just called up to the GSM and there is someone looking at it right now, so unless I have a perfectly working phone # that you can be personally reached at, I can't tell them it's sold. Never had a problem with the 5 Corvette's I've sold over the internet to customers in other states. I just like to talk to the person, you know.

Ricky Bobby
06-16-2005, 08:56 PM
LOL :goof

GTSLOW
06-16-2005, 09:51 PM
What a fawking idiot, I hate those stupid bastidz!!!

HP ADDICT
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry if this is old news...what exactly is the scam? I know that this is definitly a setup but can you fill me in on exactly how these guys pull this off? A co-worker had a very similar response to an ad she placed in the auto trader. Thanks,
Randy

JC70SS
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
It is the Nigerian Scam. I have sold 2 cars on the net in the past few years. One I sent an E-mail back saying I was the FBI and I knew where the e-mail was coming from and they would be arrested within 24 hrs :rolf

USMARINE1108
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
It is the Nigerian Scam. I have sold 2 cars on the net in the past few years. One I sent an E-mail back saying I was the FBI and I knew where the e-mail was coming from and they would be arrested within 24 hrs :rolf

Ha, that's great!

PureSound15
06-17-2005, 02:05 AM
The lack of punctuation made my brain hurt.(Period)

GTSLOW
06-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Sorry if this is old news...what exactly is the scam? I know that this is definitly a setup but can you fill me in on exactly how these guys pull this off? A co-worker had a very similar response to an ad she placed in the auto trader. Thanks,
Randy

They send you some fake check that never clears. I guess some people are dumb enough to give the person the car for the check without it clearing?

If you get any kind of email like this DO NOT go thru with it! WARN HER, so she doesnt get scammed!

Honestly who pays more for a car and then asks for the difference back? :(

jbiscuit
06-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Jim just got the same email 2 days ago with his DSM! :rolf

Flight_740
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
I get one or two of those a month :punch:

HP ADDICT
06-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah I had heard of this before so I told her to forget it. I just wanted to know how they actually pull it off.

GRM-REPR
06-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Only brain dead suckers fall for that one. My friend 2 years ago was selling his 99' Eclipse GSX on the net, some loser contacted him with the exact same scam.

The way it works is, they send you a phony cashiers check, you take it to your bank, cash it, and have another check made up for the difference and send it back to the scammer ( except if your that dumb you think it's legit) and your eventually scammed out of the difference and the check he/she sent you is found out more than likely the next day to be found fake.

I cant belive people fall for it. Whatever happened to doing business face to face? :confused :confused