PDA

View Full Version : Header Bolt Problem!

GHOSST
06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
So I've learned to tighten up my header bolts frequently the hard way, until they stay put. I have Hooker Super Comp Headers btw, well, my passenger side was loose as a goose. I got bolts number 2,3,5(from front to back) tightened, driverside was good btw, but how do I get to number 4!!!!! It sits right on the header...really hard to get to... And to my suprise... there was no number 6!! I dont know if it rattled out, or the shop just didn't put it on. Anyone else solve the Hooker Header bolt Problem with F-bods? Thanks.

0TransAm0
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
im not sure if they are the same but i got pacesetter headers and in order to get to the back one on the passanger side i went from undernieth the car took out the back spark plug first and you can get a wrench in thier..the rest of them i got from the top just gotta work at it for a bit and you can get your are in thier and have somebody slide down a wrench its harder to explain than it is to acctually do it...hope i help a little..

Crawlin
06-16-2005, 07:13 PM
No problems with my LS1. Must be an LT1 thing

-Brad, UnderPSI

A B4C Z
06-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Whyd you sell the jet hot long tubes? Shoulda kept them never had a problem with them getting loose cause you could actually tighten them. BTW HOOKERS SUCK ASS on lt1 cars. you cant tighten the bolts had shorties on my car and couldnt stand them just for that one reason.
GOOD luck tighting. Ditch the hookers.

HP ADDICT
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Ive run hooker lts on my lt1 for along time and never had that problem. They do not suck. If you want to solve your problem just get some stage 8 locking header bolts.

SlowStee
06-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Whyd you sell the jet hot long tubes? Shoulda kept them never had a problem with them getting loose cause you could actually tighten them. BTW HOOKERS SUCK ASS on lt1 cars. you cant tighten the bolts had shorties on my car and couldnt stand them just for that one reason.
GOOD luck tighting. Ditch the hookers.
Funny I havent had any problems...

GHOSST
06-17-2005, 04:47 AM
If you want to solve your problem just get some stage 8 locking header bolts. Seems like my next choice, seen them in Summit, and a guy I met with this badass LT1 T/A had some on his car. He said they were a hassle to put on... but worth it. Thanks guys

GHOSST
06-17-2005, 04:52 AM
No problems with my LS1. Must be an LT1 thing

-Brad, UnderPSI
What, do you guys share screen names? How am I supposed to know who I'm talking sh!t too....j/p:thumbsup

Scales
06-17-2005, 05:22 AM
BTW HOOKERS SUCK ASS

True, but that usually costs extra... :goof

SlowStee
06-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Seems like my next choice, seen them in Summit, and a guy I met with this badass LT1 T/A had some on his car. He said they were a hassle to put on... but worth it. Thanks guys
I have stage 8 lockers on my POS....But we obviously know your not talking about me :rolf

HP ADDICT
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
When I got mine they had them on the shelf at C&S. They were a pain to install. When I reinstalled them later, I didn't use the locks. The allen head bolt really helps in tight areas. So far no problems..

TransAm12sec
06-19-2005, 02:02 AM
My dad has locking bolts on the 90 formula, but he blows header gaskets every once in a while. It's got a ZZ4 motor, 1:6 rockers, and Edelbrock Nickel plated shorties(not well sought after). He blew them more frequently with regular bolts.

396LT1SS
06-20-2005, 01:46 AM
My dad has locking bolts on the 90 formula, but he blows header gaskets every once in a while. It's got a ZZ4 motor, 1:6 rockers, and Edelbrock Nickel plated shorties(not well sought after). He blew them more frequently with regular bolts.

Get him to try percy's aluminum header gaskets, they wont blow out and you can re use them

HP ADDICT
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Another good gasket is by a company called earls. They use replaceable graphite like inserts that can be replaced. The insert is thick to so it compresses and helps push the header against the bolt which helps keep them from loosening. You have to order the LT one for lt1s though if you have LT's on. Summit sells them for around $40pr

GHOSST
06-23-2005, 02:23 AM
I have stage 8 lockers on my POS....But we obviously know your not talking about me :rolf Well, now I know you have some so yea, I can refer to you!:thumbsup