PDA

View Full Version : Paying for a car show??

nismodave
06-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Im wondering what this town is coming to.

I heard from a freind that there was some cars in a lot north of Miller park today, what looked to be a car show.

Im like "Great, I need something to do after doing laundry and watching the F1 race."

So I hop in the Nissan down to Miller Park I go. I drive by and see a average smattering of cars in the lot north of freeway. I figure what the hell, I have some time before dinner with the Family, a good way to kill time.

I pull up and they tell me CARTUNES is holding the show and its $5 to get in, to help pay for the cost of renting lot.:eek:

I said no thanks turned around and enjoyed driving around Milwaukee for a couple hours. (Even had a freeway run vs a new Carrera 4, the guy was nuts weaving in and out of traffic and the side lane, so I backed off)

But anyway, I guess I dont understand why some of these places are charging $ to get into their car shows. I mean if a shop sponsers a show dont they write it off anyway?? I understand WOW and GLD charging, but i wont even pay a dollar to go to a local car show.

carkid0101
06-12-2005, 09:55 PM
i just thought thats what happened. That is, if they are giving out prizes and trophies. If not, then f them

Firefighter Z
06-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Kartunes just plain out sucks period. They are a bunch of theives.

Cryptic
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
I have the answer to your problem...

BCM / Stay Tuned Audio Car Show
June 18th
Franklin

check the sticky (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8074)

and register here (http://brewcitymuscle.com) and we'll put some brats and burgers in you too. :shades

fly5150
06-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Details.... I'd love to hear

TransAm12sec
06-13-2005, 01:13 AM
That was easy.

Weekly car shows like Waynes, Solid Gold, and others that don't have trophies are free. Mainly the brand specific car shows have a fee. Even if you don't register you can normally park.

Cryptic
06-13-2005, 01:33 AM
too add to that list...

Georgie Porgies, Oak Creek
Gus's Drive-In (http://gussdrivein.com), East Troy

ponyride00
06-13-2005, 01:34 AM

I would also like to hear why you think this. I have not made any huge purchases there but for the ones that I have made they seemed to do everything they can to match prices of other shops, plus Ive seen the quality work that comes out of there.

Firefighter Z
06-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Lets just say they are under investigation again.
A buddy of mine bought an amp at Kartunes and a week later he had his car broken into, he ended up getting his amp back cause he chased the mofo's for a block and a half before they dumped his amp cause it was slowing them down, they hopped into there get away car which was a civic that always hangs out at Kartunes, he has the plate number and so does the PD.

Another friend of mine bought one of them car starters and lets just say there customer service sucks really bad and they have idiots that work there. They lost 3 customers that were potenital car starter buyers cause Kartunes wouldn't help 1 customer out with his car starter and the problems he was having with it.

fly5150
06-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Lets just say they are under investigation again.
A buddy of mine bought an amp at Kartunes and a week later he had his car broken into, he ended up getting his amp back cause he chased the mofo's for a block and a half before they dumped his amp cause it was slowing them down, they hopped into there get away car which was a civic that always hangs out at Kartunes, he has the plate number and so does the PD.

Another friend of mine bought one of them car starters and lets just say there customer service sucks really bad and they have idiots that work there. They lost 3 customers that were potenital car starter buyers cause Kartunes wouldn't help 1 customer out with his car starter and the problems he was having with it.
Under Investigation again? If I remember correctly it was many years ago that you are referring to. And just because some car that looks like the same civic that is parked there, doesn't mean anything.
And if they are idiots that work there, why are they the only place that holds the MECP installer training..... you have the be qualified to do that.
you dont seem to be sharing all the facts.... we want to hear more.......
:)

Firefighter Z
06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
No I am not reffering to a few years ago, that investigation is closed. This is a new investigation.

"And if they are idiots that work there, why are they the only place that holds the MECP installer training..... you have the be qualified to do that. "

Doesnt matter to if there certified or not, any idiot can go pay about $200.00 take the class and say there certified installer... Do you really think Checker Auto or AutoZone has ASE certified personel?

Another thing is why do they ask for your address and phone number when you buy something from them?
Years before I knew any of this I went to purchase some wire for my system and they wanted my address, well I just walked out, nobody needs to know where I live just because I bought wire.

turbogarrett
06-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I stopped at that miller park show, drove right in and didn't pay anybody.

UnderPSI
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Funny how Project Two had only one car there and it took home FOUR trophies.
first place best Acura
first place best sound quality
second place interior
and BEST OF SHOW

pretty good for a place that has been called a hack shop by a member here.

SloFarmTruck
06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
... Do you really think Checker Auto or AutoZone has ASE certified personel?

Not to be a smart ass but Checker does have ASE "parts" personel working there as when I worked there I completed the certification process and was ASE certified. They push this fact very heavily so that they can service there customers better. NOW that does not mean that every one there is certified. You can take that for what it is.

pOrk
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Funny how Project Two had only one car there and it took home FOUR trophies.
first place best Acura
first place best sound quality
second place interior
and BEST OF SHOW

pretty good for a place that has been called a hack shop by a member here.

:rolleyes:

If oen car leaves a shop hacked, its a hack shop. When two leave, hack shop. Three? HACK shop. My opinion is my own, if you ever look upclose at their quality of fiberglass / paint work and you were a fiberglasser / painter you would see what I mean. So, shut up :loser

Crawlin
06-13-2005, 06:26 PM
not to butt into this thread, but pork....

you were behind me the other day driving down 894(i was in my dealer plated Chevy Malibu Maxx) and i went towards Beloit and you went north, but it looked like your passenger side front wheel was bent big time. just remembered that and wanted to make sure you got it checked out

Chris

nismodave
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
My Thread has been jacked..... :guns1

Firefighter Z
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry Nismodave, your thread may continue... Im done here :thumbsup

UnderPSI
06-13-2005, 11:07 PM
:rolleyes:

If oen car leaves a shop hacked, its a hack shop. When two leave, hack shop. Three? HACK shop. My opinion is my own, if you ever look upclose at their quality of fiberglass / paint work and you were a fiberglasser / painter you would see what I mean. So, shut up :loser

I didn't say you, Nice orange peel on that air tank you had painted. Should look good with a few hours of buffing. :thumbsup

UnderPSI
06-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Their $hitty work is still better than anything that comes out of shops like Stay Tuned or Kartunes or any of the other low class shops. Wait, they don't do shitty work.

Let the Hi-Jack continue.........

Cryptic
06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
without knowing how much someone paid for a service, I dont think its fair to say what's a hack job or not. If your budget is sh!t and you ask for the kitchen sink, corners are going to be cut and you'll get a half ass job.

Nobody who owns a business wants a bad reputation, but they do want to accomidate their customer anyway they can. A sale is better than no sale.

Personally I do the sh!t myself. There's more pride in that.

u_say_go
06-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Another thing is why do they ask for your address and phone number when you buy something from them?
Years before I knew any of this I went to purchase some wire for my system and they wanted my address, well I just walked out, nobody needs to know where I live just because I bought wire.

a little paranoid, dont ya think? They ask for your address (to put you on their mailing list) and you head for the hills? wtf

TransAm12sec
06-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Not really when lots of junk is sent to you.