PDA

View Full Version : Just...WOW....3 seperate complaints from neighbors

SlowStee
06-12-2005, 02:03 PM
So I get home A little while ago and the cops are waiting for me again in the alley...This is the third time they've been to the house for me for complaints of me "speeding through the alley".(throughout the last 2-3months)..which is complete horseshit...How the **** would I hit 20MPH in my alley? Are you shitting me?? :rolleyes:

One of the neighbors just plain out doesnt like us even before I had the car he used to call the cops on us for our dog barking all the time (during the day!), the other is an old couple who HATE the sound of my car...the third Im just guessing they are old people...But the thing is Im NOT actually speeding through the alley!!! At the most I get on it for a second not going over 10mph...This IS A COMPLETE ******* JOKE... :chair: :chair:

On this 3rd visit they finally wrote me a Citation... $114 and 4 POINTS.... :eek: "unreasonable and imprudent speed"

The best part of this 3rd visit from them was them mentioning that "I have no front license plate", and that the neighbor said I had "glass packs on my car"....bwaahahahhaa :rolf I told him straight out " I wouldnt put that **** on my car, I have a muffler take a look ;)"...good thing I had the cut-out closed huh?....He also said that this neighbor is "willing to testify"... :yawn: I cant wait to find out who It is..

You guys think I should Go to court myself or call a Lawyer?

3 seperate complaints, Nothing the cops actually saw...Either way Im fighting this sh!t

:flipoff2:

Yooformula
06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Dont go to court alone! I would have a lawyer next to me to phuck them up. Thats horsesh|t!!! How can the cops give you a ticket if he didnt see you speed?

Lash
06-12-2005, 03:31 PM
You should easily be able to get that droped....I would think. The cop didn't even see you in the act....he's just takin g other people word for it.

How do the old people know you were speeding....do they have a radar gun???? Hell...they go 10 under the limit and they feel like they are going Mach 1.

SlowStee
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
I wanna get this ticket dropped COMPLETELY

STKMACH
06-12-2005, 04:28 PM
You should easily be able to get that droped....I would think. The cop didn't even see you in the act....he's just takin g other people word for it.

How do the old people know you were speeding....do they have a radar gun???? Hell...they go 10 under the limit and they feel like they are going Mach 1. Good point LMAO theres a old lady in my area when I drive past her house driving normal she points her finger at me like im doing 60 must be my exhaust she needs to turn down the hearing aid

pOrk
06-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I'd fight it, find some others in the neighbor hood that would be willing to help your side if possible. The sound of your car makes it sound alot faster then it is through the alley, I'm sure.

97z2801ss
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
theres a couple in my neighborhood to that have there kids yell at me to slow down when im goin 15mph :chair: Julian fight that ****!

USMARINE1108
06-12-2005, 05:37 PM
stupid question here, but won't a lawyer cost more than $114? Not that you shouldn't fight it, hell I wouldn't let them take me alive!

SloFarmTruck
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
sure it would cost more, but the difference in insurance from the 4pts and the type of ticket it is would be WAAAY more than that.

Step one, get a lawyer
Step two, be prepared for court

Ask if he has any evidence. The cops sure don't, they didn't catch you in the act so i can't believe they give you a ticket. but i guess it's to cover their asses. so anyways, when you get to court, it should be easily dropped because he has no proof. and if he said he's willing to testify, you can just talk about how he's making it up just based on the fact he calls the cops on you for anything. and you can reference the other dates/times he has and how his "opinion" can't be justified as law breaking.

but who knows, they tend to not like car enthusiasts.

that or a few of us will paintball up the person's property FREE of charge :)

Prince Valiant
06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Personally, I hope they throw you in the slammer with a cell mate named "Big Gay Bubba" :goof

SmokinRAM114
06-12-2005, 07:22 PM
wow horseshit there... :chair: id make sure im as loud as possible from now on.. unless the cops there of coarse. :punch:

slowasscutlass
06-12-2005, 07:22 PM
If your neighbor's opinion counts, than so should yours... Weren't you just telling us how you always see him beating his wife? I think that the cops should know about this, be a good citizen and report it right away! :devil

turbogarrett
06-12-2005, 09:11 PM
If your neighbor's opinion counts, than so should yours... Weren't you just telling us how you always see him beating his wife? I think that the cops should know about this, be a good citizen and report it right away! :devil

^ :rolf

I doubt you'll have a problem in court with this citation, but it may cost you a good chunck of change. I had a guy down the street from me who would motion for me to slow down whenever I drove by, you know the kind with 10 "slow down" signs out in front of the house and let their kids run all over the place. One day I'm cruising home, doing a whopping 15mph and he yells at me, so I lock the brakes up, get out of the car and give him a piece of my mind- haven't heard from him since :D Meanwhile every Tom, **** and Harry whip down the street in their lexus's and saab's at 35+ with no complaints, go figure. Good luck!

SlowStee
06-12-2005, 09:13 PM
^ :rolf

I doubt you'll have a problem in court with this citation, but it may cost you a good chunck of change. I had a guy down the street from me who would motion for me to slow down whenever I drove by, you know the kind with 10 "slow down" signs out in front of the house and let their kids run all over the place. One day I'm cruising home, doing a whopping 15mph and he yells at me, so I lock the brakes up, get out of the car and give him a piece of my mind- haven't heard from him since :D Meanwhile every Tom, **** and Harry whip down the street in their lexus's and saab's at 35+ with no complaints, go figure. Good luck!
same **** that happens to me in the alley...SOOOO many people come whipping through and Im the only one who gets sh!t because of the car I drive

Car Guy
06-13-2005, 12:24 AM
I hate to say it but welcome to the world of owning a 'hot rod'. That's thanks to anyone that is old enough to get social security and others who don't have a life, SO DIE OR GET ONE (but that doesn't include older relatives that you like). My particular experience that just gets me going doesn't involve neighbors (although I probably have more 'neighbor nagging' than you, so I feel your pain....hang in there!). However, I was pulled over in my 'hot rod' for 'excessive exhaust noise', according the officer. As I was hearing the BS from the cop on why he pulled me over, a Harley comes roaring by (MUCH louder than stock) and I had to ask the cop to repeat himself because of the noise. He looked at me and thought I was being a smart a**, which I wasn't! I just said I couldn't hear him, so I get the ticket because of his assumption to the reason for my question, which he admitted! I tried explaining myself but I would have been better off talking to the tree. All this and not to mention that for the amount of 'motor' I have in my car it sounds about the same as a new Mustang GT/Corvette. All I can say is fight it; you SHOULD win and just just try to deal with the BS that comes with the territory as it will NEVER change.....but it's all worth it to me!!!

Good Luck!!!

sidewayzbimmer
06-13-2005, 03:13 AM
that or a few of us will paintball up the person's property FREE of charge :)

I am down for sure! which gun? Mine a friends? 13 balls a second or 19? Either way the houses can be covered very fast!

black84z28-4spd
06-13-2005, 03:56 AM
borrow mine...it would be sure to make them old ****s fall over dead from being scared of an assualt weapon look alike :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/bluecamaro/wg652.jpg

think they would like the lazer pointed at their chest?.. :rolf

Nix
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
snt there a thing called "hear say" that the courts wont take into consideration and they cant admit into the case? I always hear them say that they cant admit this evidence or that part of this persons testimiony because its "hear say". So tell your neighbors to drop dead. :devil

HP ADDICT
06-13-2005, 04:06 PM
hear say is if Julian would say or his neighbor would say that someone told them such and such or whatever pertaining to the case, but wasnt in court. If the neighbor testifys it is not hear say as he is there and was part of the trial, and is testifying as to what they themselves witnessed. If that makes any sense.

Silver03SRT
06-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow i guess i feel lucky then. None of my neighbors care about my loud exhaust. Except for the one that i set his alarm off every time i drive by. :rolf
Oh well go to court and fight it. Just ask to see the radar gun. A ranger in Devils Lake tried to give me a ticket because she "heard" me speeding.

carkid0101
06-13-2005, 06:50 PM
i had the cops called on me two days ago. Guy said i was going 50 in a court. :wooo I wish i woulda gone that fast. Got off with a warning.

Silver03SRT
06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Old people get all paranoid. They hear a loud car and think its going 100mph. when they can see the car rolling slowly. no when they dont see the car and only hear it well then maybe call the cops.