PDA

View Full Version : Well it's running better

Rocket Power
06-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Took my carb apart and found that whoever rebuilt it doesn't know how to put a float needle on.
Now I just need to switch over to an electric choke, (courtesy of the Parts GP).
Yeah I know, I am a sissy for needing a choke. ;)
I may snag the rear brake line off it too that goes from the junction block to the left rear wheel. My replacement is a little long and looks kinda redneck :alcoholic

How are the rest of you guy doing w/ your cars?

Prince Valiant
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
What kind of carb was it?

A couple of days and i'll be back up and going.

Rocket Power
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Q-jet :thumbsup
I was going to use a Holley I have but when I was taking it apart to clean it (got it used) the power valve decided to take the threads out of the metering block with it. So since I had this rebuilt Q-jet I decided to use it.

PB86MCSS
06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Not much new here, I got some new style ZQ8 wheels finally and put them on the LS, much better than the kinda beat up IROC's I had, an updated look. The LS made it do Decatur and back just fine, got 18mpg on the way down and 23 on the way back, don't ask me how. Speedo is pretty accurate and I kept the same speeds about, did a tad slower on the way back but 5mpg is a big difference.....

The SS's 383 should be done by the engine guy so the crank/balancer issue will be resolved I think. So hopefully it can be swapped in the next couple weekends and I have it finally, and in the July 4th show at Holz.

MY FYN 79
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
My car is doing pretty well..

Heres some results I have so far:

The dyno:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/438000-438999/438326_190_full.jpg

The burnout:

http://inet5.cmsinter.net/daryl/videos/compilations/NMCOA%20burnouts.wmv

:D

I gave up on my carbs lean bogs and white plugs, so it'll still be down for a few days until the carb comes back from Pro-Systems. Then its track time! :devil