PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Colorado Vid

BAD LS1
06-08-2005, 12:22 PM
This baby does some wicked burn outs! :wooo

This is the very first one of its kind, and with absolutley no tuning other than an FMU.

on 12PSI it made 430 RWHP :wow in 2nd gear! no use of 3rd gear because of the 97 mph speed governer.

http://mirradographics.com/ColoradoTurbo.wmv

UnderPSI
06-08-2005, 02:17 PM
You know you want to :devil

carbon04
06-08-2005, 05:11 PM
If it was dynoed in 2nd gear it isn't making anywhere near the 430rwhp. Unless you have a 1:1 ratio you are multiplying the output. I don't know the gear ratios in the 4L60E but it will make a huge difference.

BAD LS1
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
If it was dynoed in 2nd gear it isn't making anywhere near the 430rwhp. Unless you have a 1:1 ratio you are multiplying the output. I don't know the gear ratios in the 4L60E but it will make a huge difference.

Yeah 3rd gear is 1:1 on a 4l60E let me find the right up on it quick, they did dyno in 3rd gear for the 430 runs and some in 2nd however to try to get a longer pull. they can only get to about 5300 rpms (6200 red line) in 3rd gear till it hits the 97 mph speed governor.

Ok for a start heres the some pics of the setup.

http://www.coloradofans.com/album_personal.php?user_id=3414

Here is the link to the part of the site where the dyno talk starts, might have to wade through a few pages, and the guy names "coloradosporttruck" is the guy whos got the truck.

http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=8746&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=625

a 10 PSI dyno run where they started in 2nd and let it shift into 3rd

http://www.pfispeed.com/flash/images/carofthemonth/04-05/4_lg.jpg

GTSLOW
06-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Nice but I still think GM should have made a LS1 based 4.3L :headbang

carbon04
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
If it made 430rwhp in 3rd that is pretty damn good :wooo . It deffinately needs tuning. The factory torque management can't be helping any.

BAD LS1
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
If it made 430rwhp in 3rd that is pretty damn good :wooo . It deffinately needs tuning. The factory torque management can't be helping any.

Yeah, the TM totally messes mine up inconsistently with just a converter and shift kit.

Im hoping like hell this guy makes headway with HP tuners to get a tuning program on the market for the GMT inline 4-5-and 6's. They are being D-bags about it i guess.

slow90z
06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Damn, thats some sick power :headbang They need to work on a kit for the I6 trailblazers, make my mom's a heck of a sleeper. Yeah, their' torque managament really sucks. Wont let it do a burnout even though its got enough power to spin them a little, or even rev it over 3 grand.

STEALTHZR2
06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
SICK RIDE....I'd like to see the LS1 colorado from ill and the turbo one race.

Who would you think would win?

carbon04
06-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Whipple makes a twin screw supercharger kit for the I6 trailblazer, its been out for over a year. They have some sort of custom burned tuner that goes along with their kit. The I5/I6 ECM is the new style from GM with the higher processor speed and increased memory. From what I have heard it is a nightmare for tuners because of all the redundent info GM is programming in.

BAD LS1
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Whipple makes a twin screw supercharger kit for the I6 trailblazer, its been out for over a year. They have some sort of custom burned tuner that goes along with their kit. The I5/I6 ECM is the new style from GM with the higher processor speed and increased memory. From what I have heard it is a nightmare for tuners because of all the redundent info GM is programming in.

Exactly! its the new "E40" PCM thats a bout half the size of the old ones too. but tuners managed to get it to work on C6's, and other LSX stuff that uses that same exact computer design...

Its just a lack of demand/they dont see the need to take the time to develope the software for inlines because it wont return the coin like the LS1 stuff is the way i see the problem. Which is probably true :(