PDA

View Full Version : Emissions laws

GinoRin
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Do vehicles in the entire state have to go through emissions now? I just registered my new 87 Turbo Regal up in Minocqua and I just got a f*ckin smog notification in the mail.... THIS BLOWS! I registered my Typhoon up there about 3 years ago and never had to worry about this crap, so I know they must have changed something. bastards. :fire

Prince Valiant
06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
unless they started building testing stations all over, I doubt it. It was likely an error, or they added a station up there...

I registered my valiant up north and I didn't get a testing notice this year...

Rocket Power
06-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Same as Prince Valiant here, we have one at our friends house up north.

Flight_740
06-07-2005, 12:11 PM
I dont think you have to register a car up north, You just have to list up north as the location the car is kept. You don't even need an adress, just your own.

Prince Valiant
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I dont think you have to register a car up north, You just have to list up north as the location the car is kept. You don't even need an adress, just your own.
true that...just where the location of "where is the vehicle kept" write the proper county. Otherwise all the mailings are sent to the owners home locations.

Nix
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM

This is true and correct. :thumbsup

BAD LS1
06-07-2005, 12:49 PM
All i did when i ordered my personalized plates i changed the county kept in from Village of Slinger, county of washington to Villiage of neosho, county of dodge on a seperate piece of paper and when the registration paper work came back it was all changed, no more emissions testing for me.

T-Bag
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
email the dmv. i just got the notice for myb lazer too when i put neosho, dodge county (i've used neosho forever). They always send the notices to try and skimp people if you MAILED in and have your home address listed. I always just email them at bur-veh-services.dmv@dot.state.wi.us, with your vin number, just say that your vehicle is kept in whatever county in whatever village/city.

SlowStee
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I need to get a jump on things and re-register my car, up north..heh

Cleveland Dave
06-07-2005, 03:52 PM
or madison ive never had to have my emissions tested.

wikked
06-07-2005, 04:36 PM
what if you've failed emissions already... can you just change the county kept in and have it waived?

Nix
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Walworth county is good too. ;)

chargedformula
06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
if you have failed, or have suspended plates ( due to failing or just not going through) you have to take it through first before they allow you to change it. my plates were suspended because i didnt take it through, when the time came around again to re-register the car i was able to change it. another way to chage it is to sell it to a relative, like a parent, keep the car in their name, but its your car.

MoreTorque
06-08-2005, 04:49 PM
It probablly was an error.

I got an emission test notification when I had my 2001 F350 DIESEL. (WI does not test diesels in any county) They said it was an error and to ignore the notice.