PDA

View Full Version : Lt1 shortblock/longblock wanted.

OldSchoolSS
06-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for a virgin lt1 to rebuild. No spun bearings please.

Thanks,

Scott

FourEyedFord
06-06-2005, 10:45 PM
My brother has a 45,000 mile running lt1 and 4l60E complete combo he would sell for $1800. It ran perfectly before it was pulled out. Let me know if you are interested.

OldSchoolSS
06-07-2005, 04:30 PM
No thanks I'm just looking for a rebuildable core. I wanted to keep driving my car while I built the engine.

HP ADDICT
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I have a lt1 block that would be great for a rebuild. Right now its on the engine stand with 81,000k on it. It is a 94 block. I also have block only, that has been hot tanked and mag'd for cracks, so you know its good. I would like $300 for it.

OldSchoolSS
06-07-2005, 06:26 PM
So by this you mean you have two blocks? I'm looking for one that still has the rotating assembly in it.

Thanks,

Scott

HP ADDICT
06-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes I have 2 blocks, 1 I have to send in for a core though so its one or the other. If you want I could sell you the cleaned/tanked block with the rotating assembly out of my car. I paid a little over 3 for the block alone since it had $90 in labor done to it(magged/hot tanked etc)so I would want to get about that for it. The 94 rotating assembly I would let go cheap!!

OldSchoolSS
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
300 for a block is a little out of my range right now. I don't really want to try to talk you down either. I wish I would have picked up a long block from Andy for 250 when he had a crapload of them. I can't believe he trew them out. He said he didn't like having to deal with all the chevy guys haha. I'll think about it for a while. I thought I had a bunch of my parts sold then the buyers just disappeared. The car fund isn't as big as I would have hoped it would be. Looks like I need to buy a spot at Jefferson this fall.

HP ADDICT
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Well if you dont want the block that has been hot tanked, mag'd etc I could do $250 for it w/internals. I only want $300 for the other one since it was checked for cracks cleaned etc..So really its like buying a block for $210 since the labor on the block was $90 and tax. I just wanted to make sure the block was useable before I got into it, would really suck to buy a block and find out it can't be used for a hi po rebuild.

OldSchoolSS
06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
That doesn't sound to bad. Does it still have the oil pan and the timing chain cover? What was wrong with it when you pulled it? Did the car ever overheat badly? Any milky oil?

Thanks,

Scott

HP ADDICT
06-09-2005, 05:07 PM
No car was never badly overheated...It used to run hot like all lt1 fbodys until I had the pcm programmed, egr delete, and a electric wp. It is sitting on a stand in the garage if you are near milwaukee and want to check it out. I do have an extra oil pan, I dont have the timing cover, and yours could vary depending on yr 95-97 is different then 93-94. Car never had milky oil, and when I pulled the motor I drained the oil into a 2 liter and there was no antifreeze in it overnight. Let me know what you want to do. I also have some heads with full valvetrain and springs to .600, 1.6 gold race roller rockers.
If you want to see anything you can call me at 412-9300
Randy

OldSchoolSS
06-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Randy I might be able to come down sunday and look at it / buy it. PM me your address so I can do a mapquest. I'll put your number in my phone. I already have a set of extra heads but they don't have the goodies on them. PM me how much you are looking to get out of those.

Thanks!

Scott