PDA

View Full Version : HotRod Power Tour Daily Update

y2kws6
06-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, sorry I didn't post for Saturdays, but we were out late since it was our home state. Saturday was huge. We fillled almost the entire baseball diamond with cars and activities. Got about 20 minutes of rain during the day, but then cleared up nicely. Had thunderstorms overnight, but the car was in the garage thankfully.

Sunday -- Left from the house and met up with the caravan along the way. Man, now that is a lot of cars. Drove to JcWhitney for lunch, overfilled that lot. Left there and the T-tops needed to go back on for another 20 minutes of rain. We made it all the way to springfield IL. and packed everyone into the fair grounds. Talked to some people and vendors and had a good time. Found the hotel and found out they had internet access. Till tomorrow.

Dan & Jacki

P.S. Still no prizes :( but there still time.

y2kws6
06-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Sorry for the delay, last night was stayed in a $hit hole Days Inn that did not have internet access. Many problems in the room, but we at least know that the people before us were safe :wooo .

No rain either day. Yesterday won a T-shirt and a $50 Gift Certificate for JCWhitney. Car is doing good, even after 3 passes down the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I don't think they had any VHD down to try to save brakage, but a big power car pulled a Chris (old Z28kid) and ripped all the studs of the left rim. :headbang I spun through the 60's almost everytime 2.1, 2.3, 2.0 so my best was a 13.403 at 102mph. I was running extremely rich, which made my O2 sensor give me an SES Light. A buddy down here used his autotap to clear it for me since I forgot mine at home.

Tuesday -- Still no rain and no SES Light. Got stuck in about 1 hour of backup on HWY 65 because of an accident. Not one of us thankfully. No prizes tonight, but still fun and enjoyable. Room tonight is so far really good. I am on dial-up but it works good.

Dan and Jacki

Yooformula
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Soudns like you guys are having fun. I wish I could have attneded this year. Be safe driving!

nismodave
06-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Im sooooo jealous. I wish I could of went.

Drive safe :thumbsup

Irish
06-08-2005, 04:40 PM
*sighs* in jealousy

y2kws6
06-08-2005, 09:31 PM
June 8th this was the second shortest amount of miles for us to drive but so far took us the longest to get here. Boy the traffic was bad when you get to the towns you sit forever at the lights. We took off from our hotel at 8:30 am and then stopped for breakfast, got out of the car and smelled something funny. Checked under the car and saw tranny fluid. My mind went to “oh no not another tranny…” Did some investigating and saw a crack in the tranny cooler line. I got out the trusty leatherman and cut the line and had enough to re-clamp it back on. Went into eat and came back out and the car looked okay but was a quart down. Went to a gas station and bought the last quart they had of fluid and put it in, we were good to go from there. Then we got back on route and had some rain showers off and on the whole rest of the way.
Saw a water truck (Like small gas truck) almost flip on its side today. There were two cars turning in the other lane coming at us and when the truck came over the hill and then he locked up the brakes. Knowing that he was not going to make it, turned a hard right throwing the truck up on its side wheels. He ran like that for a second or two and then put it back on all its wheels and slid some more. I am not sure the final end results because I was past him over the hill, but I know that he did not hit anyone which would have been horrible. If he did hit anyone, the oncoming cars would have had a head on collision with the oncoming traffic.
Got to the destination stop in Alabama at about 4:30 pm and walked about 20 minutes and then had to sit down for the long haulers giveaways. They started it early due to the weather. Left the parking lot and tried to follow the directions to our hotel. Tried was the key word what was 12.3 miles on the map took us over an hour to find. Our driving instructions we got off the internet sucked, but the atlas got us here in the end and a lot of turns all-in-all it was still more fun then a day at work. Now for some good old Pizza and a good night sleep for an early wake up. Tomorrow we leave at 8am instead of 9am.

Dan & Jacki

b4mytm
06-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Just got home from doing the tour through Nashville.We had a great time!!
We stopped in Lynchburg on the way home to visit the Jack Daniels distillery,and then headed home.

I will have a ton of photos soon. :thumbsup

Mssplayboybunie
06-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Power tour was Great!! Met soo many great people and lots of nice rides!..People that we talked to said Milwaukee was a great kick off and one of the editors from Hot Rod Magazine said they never has such a smooth take off & they'll be back sometime in the near future..it couldnt have been a better day for it. John will post some pics later; we just got back from Birmingham, Alabama weather was nice all the way through until alabama where it started to pour pretty bad Got to meet Vic Edelbrock and Stacey from Trucks got our pictures taken with them as well and autographs :) John also got his car signed as well, I would of liked to have met Chip Foose or Christopher Titus but I'll save that for next year ;) Got to see some drag racing too and lots of cool footage from the tower.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
We got back to Milwaukee this morning at 5:30 after driving nonstop 12+ hours home from the Birmingham, AL.
As Jess said, I got the car signed by Vic Edelbrock Jr, and we had pics taken with him and Stacey David from Trucks!
Since deciding to salvage what we could of the Tour middle of last week, we only planned to go only as far as Indy, but made our way 2 more stops further literaly spending every last $$ in my wallet to make it home from there.
It was an absolute blast and met very many cool people and a few Power Tour icons. Even saw a few faces I haven't seen in years. One of the neatest things was recognizing and being recognized by people from other states from past tours and doing some catching up.
The amount and variety of cars was stunning at every stop. We parked 2 cars over from the C6 Z06 at the Nashville stop in from of Edelbrock- from what I heard is the ONLY one out in public.
I took over 300 pics and will have them on my yahoo site in a bit.

As promised, the car would be ready for Power Tour.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/420aca39zde4f5cd/f78d/__sr_/f8d9.jpg?phYbKqCBvbojyOA2

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/420aca39zde4f5cd/f78d/__sr_/4122.jpg?phYbKqCB7O4m7y0u

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/420aca39zde4f5cd/f78d/__sr_/b3d8.jpg?phxkKqCBYIJ9dmE.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/420aca39zde4f5cd/f78d/__sr_/2167.jpg?phwkKqCBwAbb3b1C

Yooformula
06-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey, John, I did wave hi to you when you were leaving Miller Park. I was heading to work when I caught the Frankenstein-mobile. :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
06-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Saw you too in the left lane & waving at the Frankenstein-mobile on the way out- I thought that you were going to bust a U'ey and catch up to me. Sorry if I didnt wave back I had steering wheel in one hand, camera in the other.

y2kws6
06-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Power Tour Trip

Thursday – What a day. This was a great drive. Some rain but not bad for us. We made it to the destination with no incidences by us or anyone else that we seen. Had some light showers at the show, but it felt good at around 100 degrees. That night we won another $25 Gift Certificate from JC Whitney and a T-Shirt with also a chance to win many more prizes at an unscheduled bowling tournament from Year One. There was a very nice couple that Jacki and I have been talking to throughout the week that secretly took our information and had the announcers give Jacki and I a happy anniversary and a good luck for going back overseas right after the Power Tour Event.
I needed three other people for my team for the bowling tournament since Jacki is not allowed to bowl, so when I got to the bowling alley the staff set me up with another couple and a different gentleman. We had a great time and won a Detroit Locker jacket, and two Year One hats. We bowled three games to attempt to beat the Year One Team, we didn’t win, but had a great time playing. I got a 125, 204, and a 185.
We partied pretty late that night and then made it to the hotel. It was the best hotel that we stayed in. It had a King bed, refrigerator, microwave and even high speed internet, but we needed to get a good head start for the next day so we ended up getting to the hotel around 1:30 – 2:00 am and left at 6:00 am later on that morning . Jacki took the first lag for about two hours and I took the rest (2 – 3 hours).

Friday – WE made the long journey in good time. Again some rain on and off, but made it the same. Had a great experience at Denny’s or lack there of. Got in, was sat down by the owner and was neglected for 15-20 minutes and when the people that sat down after us we got up and left. The Waffle House was a great alternative. We got in early so we checked into the hotel. Not bad, better than some of the others but we needed an extra $1.13/night for security, lol.
The event that day was good. Had a drizzle all day and after setting up for the nightly activities they decide to take it inside. We pack everything up and head to there stadium building. We made it just in time before the major down pour. Nothing won but still a good time. We were beat that night and Jacki was shot after having to go up and down stairs at the stadium.

Saturday (Long Haulers Only) – Back to the stadium, this time we found the handicap area which worked out nice. Got the group picture and there were a lot of long haulers. We were moved out of the stadium before we heard the final number of Long Haulers, so I need to find that out on the Hot Rod website. The GTO, and the two Engines that were given away all had people present, which was a definite plus for everyone. Received a lot of goodies that day, some of which I might be able to share with people.

Overall – This adventure has been great and we are already thinking about doing it next year, hopefully with more friends. The people we met should be back next year also. There was a fair amount of F-body’s present on the tour along with many other models. There also was a lot of Wisconsin and Illinois people called for some really good prizes that were not present to receive them.

Sorry for the novel, but I needed a $10 deposit to have the phone turned on, more or less the $.50 a call. Will be back in about three days to chat, see you then.

Dan and Jacki