PDA

View Full Version : need a paint scheme by monday

cj87gta
06-05-2005, 01:42 AM
hey everyone i've got my 87 gta in for paint right now and i need to give them what i want by monday.... right now i'm pretty set on putting the original gunmetal metallic color down for them.... with a little extra clearcoat for shine. but a new idea popped up... what if i ran 2 racing stripes down the hood and part of the bumper (stopping even witht he bottom of the badge). these stripes would probably be a jet black and would be outlined with pinstriping..... the rear hat would also be painted along with the spoiler.... no strips on the rear bumper...... the stripes would have to follow the angle of the louvers on my hood then smooth out and go straight back the hood. any comments on this? its a cruoisu idea and i've never seen the stripes on a 3rd gen trans am so i'm a little anxious about it...

also, possibly painting the door caps and rocker molding with black stripe and pinstripes on either side???

drop me some ideas!

cj

som2002
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm thinkin I'd have been making a major decision like that long before 1 day before it is to be painted. :confused

cj87gta
06-05-2005, 08:50 PM
ohhh lol,

no i've had aht idea in my head for a while here, they've been aking a while and i'm just trying to get any support or unsupport before she's done. ya know? jt some last minute opinions before i'm stuck with it, itts that last minute anxiety sort of thing going on.

cj87gta
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
not exactly the colors but you get the gist of what i'm thinkin

oscarmaier
06-06-2005, 10:21 AM
i would just leave it the original color, i also own a gunmetal gta (1988) and i know for a fact that was a rare color for that car. i owned a 89 camaro rs (black) years back and i put red stripes down the hood and the back hatch,it was really cool looking at first but after a while i wasnt thrilled about it and wished i had left it alone.

WilliamZ
06-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I would just leave it that stock clean gunmetal color. It is my favorite color on a GTA

BadAzzGTA89
06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I would also give a vote to stay stock :thumbsup

cj87gta
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
thanks guys

yeah its getting the original color... i'm throwing on the stripes for now to see how i like it... theya ren't much more at all after talking today and they are ordering the extra paint for me too... so if i don't like them my friends dad also paints and the stripes could be sanded and the car all the same color in no time. i'll post some pics once the car is done for ya'll to check out. :thumbsup