PDA

View Full Version : 05 Power Tour!

TransAm12sec
06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
I just got back, I will never see that many nice cars in one place again. I parked in front of lotsals1. There was an 06 Z06, endless amounts of LS1s, a dyno, year one with their toys, Imagine Motorsports. It was exciting to say the least.

I'm thinking about getting on top of the 35th street bridge to see all the cars leave in the morning.

Daytonapacecar959
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I just got back, I will never see that many nice cars in one place again. I parked in front of lotsals1. There was an 06 Z06, endless amounts of LS1s, a dyno, year one with their toys, Imagine Motorsports. It was exciting to say the least.

I'm thinking about getting on top of the 35th street bridge to see all the cars leave in the morning.
We're leaving the other way in the morning.The route say's we're heading west on I-94 leaving Miller Park.

Rocket Power
06-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah looks like you're heading out I-43

u_say_go
06-04-2005, 11:03 PM
what time are they heading out tomorrow morning?

y2kws6
06-04-2005, 11:14 PM
organizing between 7-7:30am and leaving at 9am.

Dan

Today was a blast, makes you wonder what the next 6-7 days will bring.

awsomeears
06-05-2005, 12:16 AM
:chair: dam it I should have made it out

My dads in there some where, prolly the cleanest GN in there :thumbsup He's all hyped up for this :banana

SLONOMA
06-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I only got there for that last hour, and I was still impressed with the amount of cars out there. Sooo many nice F-bodies and B-bodies. GM's booth had to be the nicest display of their cars that I've ever seen. There was an LS2 powered S-10 that was INSANE :wow , except for that fact that it wasn't really on display and was thrown behind the trailer.

nismodave
06-05-2005, 12:28 AM
ABSOLUTLY INCREDIBLE.......... :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I have never ever seen that many NICE CARS in one place.

There was HARDLY ANY JUNK THERE.

I took 146 pictures, I could of taken 200 more. :headbang

My car (one of maybe 2-3 Jap Imports there) was very well recieved. I met alot of great people from out of state. And made some new local friends.

I regret not being able to go on the tour. :(

I will be posting pictures as soon as I find a host that can produce clear pictures!!!!!

97PontiacW68
06-05-2005, 02:36 AM
yesterday was effine sweeeet.. me n my buddie jake went down for a good 3 or so hours .. and i got lots of video and some good pictures.. met a lot of nice out of towners.. gave me free stickers n stuff .. very cool people to say the least :thumbsup

Cryptic
06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
nismo check your PM's

anyone else need a place to host pics of this event, PM me.

Preferably looking for nice pics, no junk camera's please.

turbogarrett
06-05-2005, 10:45 AM
By far the coolest car show I've ever been to. Next year I hope to take the mazda.

Rocket Power
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Between yesterday and this morning I took about 200 pics :goof
We went up to the Racine Ave overpass and watched the cars and took some pics.

Definately cool, whenever the 64 gets done were going on the PT as a family vacation.

Junky Giorgio
06-05-2005, 12:33 PM
ABSOLUTLY INCREDIBLE.......... :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

There was HARDLY ANY JUNK THERE.

[/B]

thats because i wasn't there.... :thumbsup

pOrk
06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Power tour was awesome, no doubt. I had a blast, met some cool guys and even a BSM cat or two. Nice seeing you guys out and showing, anyone from here taking the long haul?

TransAm12sec
06-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Well, after we watched all the cars leave Miller Park, I said to my parents "Lets follow them". And we ended up driving all the way to JC Whitney. I got a taste of what driving through the Power tour was like.

pOrk
06-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, after we watched all the cars leave Miller Park, I said to my parents "Lets follow them". And we ended up driving all the way to JC Whitney. I got a taste of what driving through the Power tour was like.

JC Whitney, where is that located? Also, how was the drive? I bet it was a blast, I only wish I woulda had the money for tires on the caddy :fire

TransAm12sec
06-05-2005, 11:29 PM
100 miles south of Beloit. Beloit is 70 miles west of Milwaukee.

The drive didn't seem like we went far, mainly because of all the cars that I was distracted by. I slept in the car on the way back, so it was a win win suitation for me. It was so unexpected to drive all the way down there.

The GM Performance Parts Semi threw a belt, luckily that made it to JC Whitney.

I saw a C5 with aftermarket C6 ZO6 wheels. Some company in Texas makes them.

PB86MCSS
06-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Very cool show, took about 150 pictures....got there around 1pm Saturday and stayed until 3pm, I think I saw almost all of the cars give or take some by the time I left. Surely more showed up as the day went on but it seemed like some where leaving already too.

I slept in today, got to I-43/Moorland around 12noon and didn't see one car that would of came from Miller Park I reckon....people left too damn early! ;).

TransAm12sec
06-06-2005, 07:38 AM
We were 50 miles south of the border by that time.

Rocket Power
06-06-2005, 12:36 PM
You were Way late Paul :goof
We were @ Racine Ave @ 9am . Stayed till about 10am.
You were at Miller Park the same time as me
Supprised I didn't see you :goof
I was talking to Memphis and B4MYTM for a while.

y2kws6
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Power tour was awesome, no doubt. I had a blast, met some cool guys and even a BSM cat or two. Nice seeing you guys out and showing, anyone from here taking the long haul?

Jacki and I are on the Long Haul. Currently in Nashville. Posting when I can in the Events section.

Dan

FANAT1C
06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Dan! It was cool running into you and Jacki in Indy. :thumbsup
Hope you two are still having a blast and have a safe drive home!

b4mytm
06-10-2005, 08:36 AM
We went as far as Nashville.Definately a good time,and we will go again.This was my 6th Power Tour,and they are always alot of fun(well except for Green Bay last year,lol)