PDA

View Full Version : Layton and pensalvania Fire car crash

awsomeears
06-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Anyone know what happend ?

I was coming home at 3:00 AM-ish from south milwuakee and took layton home as I was getting up to that bridge where the 894 on ramp is there were cop cars everywhere, and there was a hole in the side of the bridge, first thought to mind was a buddy that just left a party that had a few drinks so I pulled over and walked up there, there were two guys talking about they saw a mushroom cloud of smoke so they pulled over and the 4DR car was burning.

When I got there it was out, at least 30mins after and the cops were all walking around it, then they got out the White Sheets :crying yea there were people in there, how many I dont know.

I slept like **** cuz that sucks that someone died being burnt alive, my guess is the fall nocked the people out then the fire did them in.

I cant find anything on the news sites but if anyone knows anything let me know.

- Brad -

srt4eh
06-04-2005, 03:51 PM
yeah - apparently the car somehow crashed thru the wall.....i'm guessing they died on impact since they actually smashed through a cement wall.

MoreTorque
06-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Saw the video on channel 4. Crazy fire..

They said all 5 people in the car died.

ScottyB14
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I heard the guy was coming home drunk, im guessing from river splash, but he went to get off the off ramp for the layton exit, but he kept going instead of turning left or right so instead he went straight through the wall. the car started on fire from the impact and the five people burned to death.

Flight_740
06-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Im supprised the car could even punch through the wall like that. I thought they were stronger than that.

srt4eh
06-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Im supprised the car could even punch through the wall like that. I thought they were stronger than that.

the wall isn't actually damaged....they must have rolled over it because the fence is pretty mangled

97PontiacW68
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
that means their musta been some major hangtime : /

awsomeears
06-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Man to think 5 died in that is sad...............

Thats Five familys that will be greaving............

I hope when I died its in my sleep.

Buring alive or drowning is my worst fear in life :wooo

Even tho its there own fault its still sad, my guess is that yes they were drunk but I dont think they new it turned, I was there at 3 AM and saw no skid marks so I just think they kept on keeping on and went threw :confused

R.I.P.

DirtyMax
06-06-2005, 04:08 PM
All the info you need....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jun05/331547.asp

DirtyMax
06-06-2005, 04:09 PM
the wall isn't actually damaged....they must have rolled over it because the fence is pretty mangled

Check out the pics from the article above... they drove thru the wall too.

Al
06-06-2005, 04:41 PM
He must have been going pretty fast.

The report says that the engine and tranny were pushed back into the front seats. Burning to death must be really bad because you can have your skin completely charred, but you organs, brain and muscles are still in tack and fully conscious.

animal
06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
All the info you need....

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jun05/331547.asp

anyone wanna quote that article on here so I don't have to sign up for jsonline junkmail?

Pantera99GS
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
anyone wanna quote that article on here so I don't have to sign up for jsonline junkmail?

:(

Cudahy - Amanda Martinez wove red roses into the mesh fence Sunday night, one of several visits she made to the scene of a fiery car crash that killed five people.

She came because she believes her boyfriend, Juan Vega Franco, was in her car early Saturday when it crashed through the concrete wall of the bridge, fell 35 feet and burst into flames.

Vega also was the father of her 11-month-old son.

"He was a loving father," said Sylvia Gonzales of Waukesha, Amanda Martinez's maternal aunt, who also visited the scene of the crash Sunday.

While Martinez believes Vega was in the car, police said it might take weeks to positively identify the badly burned bodies of the five men who died after their car crashed at the southern end of the Lake Parkway on Layton Ave.

Police would not release the names of any of the five victims. The bodies were burned too badly for immediate identification, police said Sunday, and the victims' names will not be released until the State Crime Laboratory processes DNA samples for positive identification.

"Right now we have the names of more people who were believed to have been in the car than were actually there," Cudahy police Lt. David Aamodt said.

Martinez said police came to her south side Milwaukee home Saturday asking about her car, a 1996 Dodge Intrepid. Martinez said she first thought Vega had been involved in a hit and run accident, but police quickly told her that the accident was more serious.

Other flowers were brought by a steady stream of onlookers, including some parents with their children, who stopped to see the accident scene, which was at the southern end of the completed portion of the Lake Parkway. One of them was Gonzales.

"I'm just trying to understand what happened," Gonzales said.

Gonzales said her niece had come to her home just days earlier with an invitation to her son's first birthday party, which was going to be held June 18. The baby shares his father's name.

Martinez said she and Vega had been together for three years. The two had met through mutual friends and had talked of marriage from the beginning. She said Vega's father lives in Florida, three sisters live in Chicago and a brother in Milwaukee. His mother and two other sisters live in Mexico. Martinez said Vega sometimes worked with her father in his remodeling business.

Police were struggling Sunday to piece together exactly what happened, but based on several beer cans that were found in the wreckage and the nature of the accident, they think alcohol and speed may have been factors.

Police said the men they presume were in the car were ages 32, 27, 22, 20 and 17. All were Mexican nationals who, with the exception of Vega, lived in Chicago, Aamodt said.

But blue crosses that were painted on the concrete part of the bridge where the crash occurred were inscribed with the names of four of the men who were believed to have died - Vegas, Porfirio Rivera, Luis Jimenez and Tomás Rivera.

At the scene Sunday, bright orange barrels cordoned off the hole in the concrete where the car had crashed through. Seven religious candles - known as veladoras - were placed on what remained of the concrete wall.

Small pieces of the wreckage, including a piece of a CD of northern Mexico music and a shred of the car owner's manual, littered the ground. Blue crosses also were painted on chunks of concrete and a charred piece of wood at the spot where the car landed.

Police said the impact of the crash pushed the engine and the transmission into the passenger compartment and also broke the fuel line. A spark ignited the leaking gas causing the vehicle to burst into a ball of flames.

A witness called 911, and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department initially believed the accident was in St. Francis and dispatched that department to the scene. Aamodt, of the Cudahy police, said that his department was alerted, but that the St. Francis department was the first on the scene, which borders the two communities and is adjacent to Mitchell International Airport.

At least one of the presumed victims was seen in Chicago at about midnight, police said. Three hours later, the car was traveling south on the Lake Parkway when it reached the end of the freeway at Layton Ave.

The car crossed Layton at what a witness described as a high rate of speed instead of slowing to turn right or left. The car broke through a concrete wall, traveled under a chain link fence and nosedived to the dirt below, where an extension to the freeway is being constructed. No tire marks, which might have indicated that the driver was braking, were found.

The speed limit on the freeway is 40 mph. Police said they found the victims still strapped in their seat belts.

According to the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office, staff is prohibited from releasing the names of victims who have not been positively identified to a degree of medical certainty.

Members of the office staff said Sunday that dental or X-ray records are preferred as a means of identification over DNA testing because results from the latter take much longer to receive. Staff members were unsure which method would be used to confirm identities of Saturday's crash victims.

As Martinez mourned the loss of her boyfriend, she looked through the photographs the couple had taken and recollected their closeness, first as a couple and then as a family. Vega often took his son for car rides or to the park, Martinez said. She speculated that Vega may have been taking his friends to the Seven Bridges area of Grant Park, a place he loved.

"We took that route one week before the accident when we went to the Seven Bridges," Martinez said. "I'm thinking if I never would have taken him that way, maybe he wouldn't have been there."

srt4eh
06-06-2005, 09:03 PM
i was wrong.....when I drove past it looked like it was fine....oops

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/jun05/crashJ2060505.jpg

looks like they were trying to turn though.... :eek:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/jun05/crashG060505.gif

GTSLOW
06-06-2005, 09:40 PM
R.I.P.