PDA

View Full Version : TurboProbe Pics

turboprobe
06-02-2005, 12:07 AM
ok, heres are a few pics....err a teaser more like...

FMIC (http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/561000-561999/561030_13_full.jpg)

Super 60 (http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/561000-561999/561030_15_full.jpg)

Under Hood (http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/561000-561999/561030_14_full.jpg)

more coming this weekend...

sidewayzbimmer
06-02-2005, 01:18 AM
300 whp? Hardly. Lucky to break 220! That is a big arse turbo for only 8lbs. Can you say LAG? Nice set up and good to see someone going through with something and not buying a kit like the others. Did u do all the work yourself? Dont set your goals to high.
bryan

GTSLOW
06-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Stock internals?

Teufelhunden
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Super 60

That is a big arse turbo for only 8lbs. Can you say LAG? Nice set up and good to see someone going through with something and not buying a kit like the others. Did u do all the work yourself? Dont set your goals to high.
bryan

ummmmm....when did a T3 Super 60 become a "big arse turbo"?

BAD LS1
06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
It was that pink at one time by the looks of the engine compt.

It is neat that it does have a turbo on it.... whats the tuning method? FMU?

Teufelhunden
06-02-2005, 01:59 PM
I see an Aeromotive AFPR in there...

turboprobe
06-02-2005, 05:40 PM
yeah, my turbo isnt that big. it spools at about 2500rpm, and boosts plenty till i shift at 7000rpm. redline it from 7000-8000. anyway, the secret is exhaust wrap. the better the hot side pipes retain the heat till it gets to the turbo, the better your turbo spools. there was a probe that had stock injectors, no lsd, and a smaller turbo, and on 6psi he made 267 whp. So, for me, with bigger injectors, lsd, and my super 60, 300 whp does not seem like to high of a goal. with the right tuning, i should be there. for fuel management, i have 280cc injectors, stock is 210, an aeromotive adjustable fpr, and a vortech 8:1 fmu. so i think it's plenty of fuel. thank you guys for the compliments, its nice that you guys appreciate the work i put into my car. oh and by the way, the car wasnt pink, it was a purple. why do u think it's black now. :)

nick

turboprobe
06-02-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah, it's also stock internals. but my friend matt has tested a probe motor, and it was even a high mileage motor. it can handle 15psi decently. but when you add a 50 shot of n20, then it goes boom. i will never get that high, the most my car will see is like 10psi.

GHOSST
06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I would like to see the results of all this, cause those are big goals man.

Cjburn
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
2.5 Liter 6 cylinder, and only a straight T3, it's actually quite small for that application, optimally a .82 a/r T31 with a 50 trim compressor would probably be best...but what the hell, you probably got that turbo for 50 bucks.

turboprobe
06-02-2005, 11:16 PM
hahahahaha. 50 bucks, well thank you for the great laugh. Its actually quite perfect for this application, as it was recommended by Precision Turbo. And it's not a straight t3. T3/t4 hybrid is what it is, and the turbo details are as follows:

Max. Rated HP: 580
Part No.: SC-6031E

Compressor Specs -

Wheel Dia.: 60mm
Wheel Inducer: 2.320"
Wheel Exducer: 3.000"
Wheel Trim: 60
T04E Inlet/Outlet: 3" / 2"
Bearing System: 360 Race
A/R Ratio.: 63

Turbine Specs -

Wheel Style: T31
Wheel Inducer: 2.559"
Wheel Exducer: 2.229"

The turbo came with the kit built by NCR Performance. And it only had 500 miles on it, as NCR tested it on their own Probe, but then decided to go with a bigger turbo, capable of more h.p. I believe it was an SC-61 from Precision Turbo. But again, thanks for the good laugh.

Nick

deciuss
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
ya the lag is not to bad on the t3 super 60 even when i had one on the civic.

jbiscuit
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
comparing how a 60 trim turbo spools on your Civic The Deciuss is like comparing your appetite to a normal sized guy....obviously you can out eat him

Teufelhunden
06-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey good luck with the car...I hope you do reach your goals.

But I hope you drop the attitude. Cjburn has probably forgotten more about turbo cars than you may ever know. Great first posts... :rolleyes:

From Nick's cardomian.com site (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561030/2)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/561000-561999/561030_11.jpg

Anyone else see a resemblance, or is it just me? :thumbsup :goof

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/5084/Dodge-Viper-Front1.jpg

STEALTHZR2
06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Like to see that run laps at GLD.

turboprobe
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
as soon as i run it, i will post the numbers. it will be run at gld soon though. maybe ill be on highway saturday night. we see how the dyno tune goes. later.

nick

Berettaspeed
06-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Thats cool. looks nice and neat too

Maybe i'll run into you when im done with mine. (maybe on HWY :headbang )
i don't know how much HP i'll put out, but i hope to be mid to low 13s.

Cjburn
06-04-2005, 05:42 PM
OH wow, you probably paid 500 dollars for it, maybe a little more. It's nice to hear that you don't have a straight T3, it would be awfully small for your application. What you called a "Super 60" is a STRAIGHT T3 compressor, you don't even know what you have. You have a T4 60 trim swinging on a stage 3 T3 wheel. Do you know what trim the turbine is? I'm too lazy right now to find it out for you, I would die laughing if it's not the 76 trim turbine, if it's the 69trim, that would be a speed mismatch. It's not a bad turbo, but it is quite a large compressor wheel and is better suited for the T350 or stage 5 turbine. Generally a 50 trim on a T31 turbine is the way to go, the 50 trim is a smaller, but very efficient (read: newer design) as compared to the 60 trim. The SC61 uses a GT40 (56 trim IIRC) with a stage V turbine.

deciuss
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
guy talks like me a year ago with his big hp numbers lol.

any ways good luck with the probe would be nice to see some non factory turboed cars get some nice numbers off of aftermarket kits for once

Cjburn
06-05-2005, 09:45 AM
So I got bored, yeah it's a 76 trim turbine. By the way a 50 trim compressor is more efficient at the lower boost levels you're looking at running, probably would make more power with less spool. You're probably getting boost onset at 2500 and not full spool, probably getting full spool by low 3's. Do you have a way to log map sensor output?

turboprobe
06-05-2005, 10:19 AM
no i dont. but i did dyno it. and im happy. check my thread.

nick

theavenger333
06-05-2005, 08:40 PM
i remember the purple probe, you used to hang around us at Revtek back in the day. you seemed to always get stuff thrown at your car or kicked etc. i had that goldish accord then.....

turboprobe
06-06-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah, thats because of the revtek stickers, and it was beeyond who did that ****. but whatever dude, dont be hating cause im faster than you.

nick

theavenger333
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
double post, great

theavenger333
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
okay well i wasn't aware that i was "hating" on you, i was just wondering if it was actually you, and unfortunatly you seemed to get your car beat up on a lot. it just happens to be something i remember. and lets see actual TIMES of you putting that power down before you talk smack about being faster than someone

turboprobe
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
dude, i beat gtps before turbo. and now i have 100 more hp than when i was n/a. and besides, i already raced a gtp, and won by a few car lengths. so i aint scared of you, and wouldnt waste my time with you.

nick

WilliamZ
06-06-2005, 09:18 PM
:wooo

nismodave
06-06-2005, 09:34 PM
This Thread is funny.

SupraMan
06-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Holly Sh*t, it just turned ugly :chair:

theavenger333
06-07-2005, 02:09 AM
sure did, all i do is ask if its someone that i used to BACK UP when folks were makin fun of him, etc, just finding out who he is, and the guy comes back with his little guns a blazin talkin out of his ass. congrats on being an E-Thug there slick, and i will PAY you to see your PURPLE PROBE beat a GTP N/A cause ive never seen one mid to high 14s stock.....

SlowStee
06-07-2005, 02:37 AM
oohhh Look at the new kid with the oh so fast probe...I want a shot ;)

BAD LS1
06-07-2005, 08:48 AM
im bored... how about a 4x4 colorado? stalled and bottled? from a dig. and SHHHHH! formula! :rolf

SlowStee
06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
im bored... how about a 4x4 colorado? stalled and bottled? from a dig. and SHHHHH! formula! :rolf
I need to see that thing in action :D

micro_machine
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
yeah, thats because of the revtek stickers, and it was beeyond who did that ****. but whatever dude, dont be hating cause im faster than you.

nick

HOLD ON A SECOND LITTLE BOY YOU DON'T KNOW BEEYOND AND BEEYOND DON'T KNOW YOU SO WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY BEEYOND KICK YOUR CAR, TREW **** AT YOUR CAR. DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHO THE F YOU ARE BEEYOND IS NOT THAT TYPE OF PEOPLE GOING AROUND TROWING SHIETZ AT PEOPLES RIDE OR KICKING IT LIKE YOU DESCRIBE THEM, YOUR REALY MISTAKING THEM FOR SOME ONE ELSE.

BTW- WHO AM I BEE'S BROTHER THATS HOW KNOW BEEYOND NEVER DID SHIET TO YOUR CAR. :fire

Bee
06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
dude, i beat gtps before turbo. and now i have 100 more hp than when i was n/a. and besides, i already raced a gtp, and won by a few car lengths. so i aint scared of you, and wouldnt waste my time with you.

nick

TURBoProbe: don't go on saying we did this and that... i did hear about your incident with the guys at the street races a few years back. the guys you conflicted with are NOT affiliated with Beeyond. They are not employees and are not part of the race team. Do not go on talking are sh1t kid. You guys got smacked by some crew there at the street races ok that's it...remember it wasn't Beeyond!!! Why the fuk do you think revtek, speedtech, hyperformance, etc etc went out of business because of their careless sh1t talk...<-----more then likely the main reason right??? We aren't here to start sh1t with your little crew..in fact we may be of some assistance some day!!! :thumbsup until then good luck on your 300whp goals... you should get that easily!!! tuning is the key!!! :thumbsup

Teufelhunden
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
My crüe can beat up your crew :chair:

freakin mashers :goof

Junky Giorgio
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :chair:

SupraMan
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
My crüe can beat up your crew :chair:

freakin mashers :goof

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa, HEY i wanna see Tommys Colorado race this probe :headbang

theavenger333
06-07-2005, 05:07 PM
TURBoProbe: don't go on saying we did this and that... i did hear about your incident with the guys at the street races a few years back. the guys you conflicted with are NOT affiliated with Beeyond. They are not employees and are not part of the race team. Do not go on talking are sh1t kid. You guys got smacked by some crew there at the street races ok that's it...remember it wasn't Beeyond!!! Why the fuk do you think revtek, speedtech, hyperformance, etc etc went out of business because of their careless sh1t talk...<-----more then likely the main reason right??? We aren't here to start sh1t with your little crew..in fact we may be of some assistance some day!!! :thumbsup until then good luck on your 300whp goals... you should get that easily!!! tuning is the key!!! :thumbsup
yah i was going to mention that, seeings how the whole Revtek vs Beeyond thing was stupid, it is funny, he always thought it was you guys, but none of the rest of our cars ever had anything done to them right?! old crap anyway, right bee?

GHOSST
06-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey, wait a minute, I seen a guy get punched out at one of the street races a few years back, when I first got my car. I had the top down sittin on the seat, and some guy walked passed a group of Latino's, and walked back and got punched from behind. I watched it from begining to end, if this is what your referring too, it wasn't Bee and crew.

theavenger333
06-07-2005, 06:59 PM
no, we had a few guys that hung around Revtek that talked WAYYY too much, and accordingly, with other shops, etc, at the races they yelled at Bee's crew, they yelled back, it just happens. this kid nick hung around us sometimes, and he got his car kicked, as well as had some garbage thrown on it on occasion. it was not bee's crew, and he was the only person to have anything happen to his car, so im pretty sure it was his own fault

turboprobe
06-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Ok, as far as this Beeyond thing, the only reason I thought it was Beeyond, was because one of my friends told me that he saw that it was Beeyond. And I always heard about the beef between Revtek and Beeyond. But yea, its done and over with. And about anything being my own fault, it was not. I was just at the races, pulling up to the line, and the person who kicked my car, saw the Revtek sticker, said something about it, and when I was on the line ready to go, he kicked it. And as far as yelling at Beeyond, I was not part of that group. Sorry.

So, Mr.Avenger, you obviously misinterpreted me. Here's my EXACT quote:

dude, i beat gtps before turbo. and now i have 100 more hp than when i was n/a.
I never said anything about a stock probe. When I beat the GTP, my car was N/A, not stock. So I obviously had something done to have 170hp at the wheels, considering a stock Probe has that at the flywheel. Hence the 100 more hp at the wheel after turbo. Now, to further prove my theory about a N/A Probe being able to beat Gtps, here are some timeslips to show that with the right mods, without boost or nitrous, a Probe can indeed beat a GTP.

StreetThisMX6
94 Mazda MX-6 LS
N/A
196.1 hp
13.516@99.65

SirMichael
1995 Ford Probe GT
N/A
189.0 hp
13.749@103.76

colonykid
1994 Probe GT
N/A
170.2 hp
14.824@94.75

The top two are the fastest all motor Probes/MX6's ever, and last time I was at the track is the last one. So, there is plenty of proof there. And why would I take my turbo kit off to race you? Like I said, your GTP is not worth my time. Another thing, my Probe is black now, get your s-h-i-t straight.

Now, you LS1 guys, I definitely want a shot at that. :) Give me a time and place at the track preferrably, and we can go for it. But I think the Colorado is probably pretty fast. What kinda shot, and or horsepower that thing got?

Nick

Prince Valiant
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
hmmm...I don't know. There's this "Ladder" thing here, and you'll have to step up to some of the "slow" GTP's before you get to go after the colorado, and then on to the LS1's for you. Don't blame me...that's just how the ladder works.

Maybe if your lucky, you'll also get a chance to run my valiant :thumbsup

SloFarmTruck
06-07-2005, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=turboprobe the right mods, without boost or nitrous, a Probe can indeed beat a GTP.

StreetThisMX6
94 Mazda MX-6 LS
N/A
196.1 hp
13.516@99.65

SirMichael
1995 Ford Probe GT
N/A
189.0 hp
13.749@103.76

colonykid
1994 Probe GT
N/A
170.2 hp
14.824@94.75

Nick[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to say anything but those times are pathetic. A GTP not stock since those probes are not stock...and by not stock I mean comparable mods like headers, intake, ecu. will and have run faster than all those times. I have a regal that I wouldn't mind running you with. Its just a 3.8 so you should have no problem winning. I'll even run on low boost. :rolleyes: My point is yes your car is different, is it fast? sure for what it is and for what it will always will be. An anal Probe. There is always let me type it again, always someone faster than you. Seems to me that people here just want to see what you have, You come back sounding like an idiot and the flaming begins. end point being. calm down have fun race the car and accept the criticism.

UnderPSI
06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
I am an LS1 guy you want to race for a little cash, otherwise I got my $ on the buick.

theavenger333
06-08-2005, 02:53 AM
blah blah blah?Nick
good lord, congratulations, we are now comparing apples to oranges. Tom comes walking up to me and goes, my colorado can beat your gtp, therefore all colorados are faster than GTPs. if you wanna go there, how much money did those boys throw into their anal probes to do that? the only way to race cars and see which is superior is stock versus stock. in which case, you are done. as for your fastest probes? the fastest N/A GP runs a mid 13, the fastest overall GP runs a low 10. i have less than 300 dollars invested into my car and run a 14.4, how much is invested into YOUR engine bay. i SO hate "my car is better than your car" so thats just facts. and don't try throwing anymore crap numbers at me, i drove an mx6 for a year, and still work on one on occasion for a buddy... check on probetalk.com.... i've been a lurker there for 3 years.... btw, as for your car being black? its still purple under the hood, way to go, did you have Solaris Spectrum paint it?

theavenger333
06-08-2005, 03:08 AM
StreetThisMX6
94 Mazda MX-6 LS
N/A
196.1 hp
13.516@99.65

SirMichael
1995 Ford Probe GT
N/A
189.0 hp
13.749@103.76

colonykid
1994 Probe GT
N/A
170.2 hp
14.824@94.75
Nick
and now wait here, what about Dan [sac] or whatever his name is, he went a 12.89 n/a, you don't even know stats on your own car

BAD LS1
06-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Eh the colorado is alright... with the 3.5L I5 they make right around 200hp 215 tq at the wheels with bolt ons through an auto but yet mine weighs over 4K. Now that with a 4x4 launch and 3500 stall,2.8STR and an extra 100 hp/125 ft lbs tq... Its a tough customer for some awd stuff on the street off lights on motor. Couple people seen it come out when the torque managment didnt intervien. Supraman seen a good launch as did a couple bolt on wrx's for the 60 ft. I ran tyler with his mustang off a light but TM pretty much killed it then and was back to a stock like launch.

Here is a pic in the upper left corner on Yanks website.

http://www.converter.cc/customercars/customer.htm

http://www.converter.cc/customercars/tom_billigen_large.jpg

SupraMan
06-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Eh the colorado is alright... with the 3.5L I5 they make right around 200hp 215 tq at the wheels with bolt ons through an auto but yet mine weighs over 4K. Now that with a 4x4 launch and 3500 stall,2.8STR and an extra 100 hp/125 ft lbs tq... Its a tough customer for some awd stuff on the street off lights on motor. Couple people seen it come out when the torque managment didnt intervien. Supraman seen a good launch as did a couple bolt on wrx's for the 60 ft. I ran tyler with his mustang off a light but TM pretty much killed it then and was back to a stock like launch.

Here is a pic in the upper left corner on Yanks website.

http://www.converter.cc/customercars/customer.htm

http://www.converter.cc/customercars/tom_billigen_large.jpg

Next time your out, im gonna video tape your launch, ud freak, it comes out like a bat out of hell...hey slofarmtruck, why dont u run this probe in ur truck, it think it would be a good race :headbang......hell that probe can run my evo if ud like, but dont say "i dont get any traction" when i launch past ur A**

SupraMan
06-08-2005, 10:13 AM
All in all, you have a very nice car and its different! Your numbers are very good. But for being a member for less than a month, and only having 16 posts, you really shouldnt come on here saying ur cars faster than who evers. These guys on here know so much about cars, and this isnt a "my cars faster than yours" forum. That's my opinion, but its not a good first impression others make on you.

SloFarmTruck
06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Next time your out, im gonna video tape your launch, ud freak, it comes out like a bat out of hell...hey slofarmtruck, why dont u run this probe in ur truck, it think it would be a good race :headbang......hell that probe can run my evo if ud like, but dont say "i dont get any traction" when i launch past ur A**

I thought I would offer the regal up for a race first since he got so cocky about GTP's. The truck is always available for a little action. :thumbsup

SupraMan
06-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I thought I would offer the regal up for a race first since he got so cocky about GTP's. The truck is always available for a little action. :thumbsup

That regal MOVES :wooo

UnderPSI
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I think probes are G A Y. ok thats all i got.

Pantera99GS
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
That regal MOVES :wooo

Thanks dude! But it clearly wasnt even close to your Evo! I was very impressed. :thumbsup

As for the turbo probe, slofarmtruck wants to borrow my car to race him- go for it. My car isnt even that quick or modded. If I wanted something fast I wouldn't have bought this car- but as a daily driver the S/C 3800 is great.

And I hope you know that there's a few GTP's around here that might be more than you bargained for. There's also another Regal around here thats quite a bit quicker than mine.

GHOSST
06-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Will he race a GTX?

Pantera99GS
06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Will he race a GTX?

GTX is nothing but a different hood and exhaust. There should be at least 3 GTP's that I know of in the low 12's or high 11's this year in the Milwaukee area.

Teufelhunden
06-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Three words: wrong wheel drive

theavenger333
06-08-2005, 02:03 PM
sure is.....

sidewayzbimmer
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Ill take my stab at the probe. I mean i have a heavier car and like prolly a good 50 hp less. I should lose right? Want to lock em in?
bryan

SloFarmTruck
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Looks like the turbo probe has a lot of challengers. Where is the owner? Step up
or stop talking sh<it. Name the time and place and I will be there with the regal. I shouldnt be a challenge to you, I just hope your trans holds together.

Neal Steffek
06-08-2005, 09:20 PM
GTX is nothing but a different hood and exhaust. There should be at least 3 GTP's that I know of in the low 12's or high 11's this year in the Milwaukee area.

Ok, I guess I need to bring my GTP out for the first time this summer then. :thumbsup

Any probe that wants some of me, I have $50 in hand right now ready to go. :headbang Name the place and time. :D

Pantera99GS
06-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Ok, I guess I need to bring my GTP out for the first time this summer then. :thumbsup

Any probe that wants some of me, I have $50 in hand right now ready to go. :headbang Name the place and time. :D

Here's one of those fast GTP's I was talking about. :thumbsup

turboprobe
06-08-2005, 09:34 PM
ok, well neal, what kinda times you putting down?

and what kinda regal we talking about? a newer supercharged one? or an older one? what kinda times does that run?

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove it. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick

Pantera99GS
06-08-2005, 09:53 PM

and what kinda regal we talking about? a newer supercharged one? or an older one? what kinda times does that run?

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove it. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick

A newer Regal. If you can whoop up a GTP so bad, the Regal should be no problem- its the same drivetrain. Its not quick- I need it to get me to work and back, not be fast.

And Neal, you haven't broken out of the 14's yet right? ;)

Neal Steffek
06-08-2005, 09:55 PM

nick

Sounds good to me. Any time after this weekend should work. I will even run on street tires since my DR's are all used up. :shades

SloFarmTruck
06-08-2005, 10:07 PM

if i were to race anyone, it would be at GLD, so there is a slip to prove how much I lost by. ill check the schedule and make a decision. then all who want some can come and get it.

nick

Shouldnt matter what times it runs. Since you have the mostest baddest assest probe around. A slip to prove how slow the probe is? I dont get it. You need to prove yourself first young one before YOU pick a day for challengers to come. After the first car beats you its gonna be a gang rape on the black,purple,pink probe. I really hope that your car is all that you want it to be, otherwise its going to be a long summer for you.

theavenger333
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
exactly, talkin out of your ass, then start asking questions, bad move. shouldn't matter what kind of regal it is, you say you can whomp it there it is. you seem to have a pretty good list of takers. only reason i can figure of you talking **** to me and not to anyone else is i posted my last PB in another thread last week. Neal, if you want you can use my DRs

fireguyrick
06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I should be done fixing my clutch issue shortly. As soon as I am you want to run my little 4cyl for some cash? I mean your probe is most likely 800lbs lighter than mine. I will even let you run slicks against my stock summer tires. Don't bother asking what my best time is. I could only tell you before my couple of bolt ons, when I was 100% stock.

Rick

UnderPSI
06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I am an LS1 guy you want to race for a little cash?

What day at Great Lakes? I'll let you name the purse, I will race your buddy too. The one with the 500hp probe. We will make that one an even $200

Al
06-09-2005, 02:26 AM
I have just read the last 4 1/2 pages of posts since I last got here and this is what I have to say...

If that probe makes more than 200 hp, it will be able to keep up with or walk (not run) a STOCK GTP. I know this because my Prelude, which had 200 hp and weighed a bit more, could inch past a gtp from a roll (5 mph or more). I will give them credit on the launch and find it easily explaind by the Weight distribution: F/R: 63.2/36.8% (see link). Once I added the intake, I was able to keep up with this one guy in a black GTP who had a pulley, chip, and intake (dark brown haired guy, about 23 at the time). I wouldn't call him a bad driver because we all know that the car is an automatic. He was also surprised that my honda did that.

So, that turbo probe should be able to walk on a stock or mildly tuned GTP even if it only produces 200-220 hp. If it makes 250, it will be no contest. 300 hp... fast, but the 60 ft willl suck. Probes have a better weight distribution, but "better" is in reguards to handeling turns, not 60-foots.

Turbo Probe:
As for your LS1 comment, don't bite off more than you can chew (for now). I have no doubts that you will be able to run from a stock LS1 once you get your engine in good tuning.
First f*** with the LT1's, because we all know that they are very slow :D , liike old men in the fast lane on the freeway! :goof

^ yes, I know, I'm sooooooooo bad-ass!

The link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6746&page_number=3

My dollar is on the fster GTP's from the board. All of that weigth up front is like cheating. If the probe goes up against a more mildly tuned GTP, it will be a good race.

Hey Bee, try to copy the GTP's with their weight distribution advantage. Put 300 lbs of weight in front of the engine on your civic and run a low 9!!!

SlowStee
06-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Bring it Don't sing it :)

Irish
06-09-2005, 08:29 AM
I will race ya......my car is a 4cylinder car. It's even carb'd. It's an old oil pump breaking 86 mustang. C'mon race me for money I am poor and I could use the extra cash.

theavenger333
06-09-2005, 10:29 AM
I have just read the last 4 1/2 pages of posts since I last got here and this is what I have to say...If that probe makes more than 200 hp, it will be able to keep up with or walk (not run) a STOCK GTP. I know this because my Prelude, which had 200 hp and weighed a bit more, could inch past a gtp from a roll (5 mph or more). I will give them credit on the launch and find it easily explaind by the Weight distribution: F/R: 63.2/36.8% (see link). Once I added the intake, I was able to keep up with this one guy in a black GTP who had a pulley, chip, and intake (dark brown haired guy, about 23 at the time). I wouldn't call him a bad driver because we all know that the car is an automatic. He was also surprised that my honda did that.
So, that turbo probe should be able to walk on a stock or mildly tuned GTP even if it only produces 200-220 hp. If it makes 250, it will be no contest. 300 hp... fast, but the 60 ft willl suck. Probes have a better weight distribution, but "better" is in reguards to handeling turns, not 60-foots.
Turbo Probe:
As for your LS1 comment, don't bite off more than you can chew (for now). I have no doubts that you will be able to run from a stock LS1 once you get your engine in good tuning.
First f*** with the LT1's, because we all know that they are very slow :D , liike old men in the fast lane on the freeway! :goof
^ yes, I know, I'm sooooooooo bad-ass!
The link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6746&page_number=3
My dollar is on the fster GTP's from the board. All of that weigth up front is like cheating. If the probe goes up against a more mildly tuned GTP, it will be a good race.Hey Bee, try to copy the GTP's with their weight distribution advantage. Put 300 lbs of weight in front of the engine on your civic and run a low 9!!!
GTPs don't have "Chips" available to them...... but you're close

Teufelhunden
06-09-2005, 10:37 AM
I should be done fixing my clutch issue shortly. As soon as I am you want to run my little 4cyl for some cash? I mean your probe is most likely 800lbs lighter than mine. I will even let you run slicks against my stock summer tires. Don't bother asking what my best time is. I could only tell you before my couple of bolt ons, when I was 100% stock.

Rick

Where do you race your sti Rick? Ever been up too Oscars?

Lash
06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I've seen this probe a few times in waukesha. I just wanna see what kind of track # it puts down.

Is this a $$ RSD race in the making?

fireguyrick
06-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Only had the STi to GLD stock. I have not been up to Oscars yet. I plan on it though. I just have had near 0 time for any fun. Heck, I just took my winter tires off the middle of May lol. As soon as I get my clutch, or actually flywheel issue fixed, I should be making some appearences.

Hey Turboprobe, this is pretty much all just in good fun I hope you know. Hopefully you can drive your car well though, torque steer and all.

Rick

Al
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
GTPs don't have "Chips" available to them...... but you're close

I could be wrong on that one. He might have said something different in reguards to the electrical system and I thought of it as a chip of some sort.

Neal Steffek
06-09-2005, 12:32 PM
PCM/chip, to me it is the same thing.

theavenger333
06-09-2005, 02:36 PM
thats why i said close! im just being a nit-picky whore thats all

Neal Steffek
06-09-2005, 02:51 PM
thats why i said close! im just being a nit-picky whore thats all

It's ok. We can all whore it up once in a while. :banana

sidewayzbimmer
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
My offer still stands i am maybe pushing 220hp to the rear wheels but hey i got some money. Want to run em? My car is heavier also! More hp and less weight equals you win right?
bryan

turboprobe
06-09-2005, 06:43 PM
no torque steer here, ive got lsd. the tranny is built as well, so i dont think ill have a problem there either. and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe. when i go to gld, ill let you all know. finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick

fireguyrick
06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick

Sure.

Rick

Teufelhunden
06-09-2005, 07:34 PM
my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??nickCould this be the "11 second" Probe that Tri/CDW81 ate for a snack?

Lash
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
hmmmmm....interesting.

sidewayzbimmer
06-09-2005, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=turboprobe] finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??nick[/QUOTE=turboprobe]

Are we talking about qaurter mile here? And seconds? :D

Crawlin
06-09-2005, 08:27 PM
no torque steer here, ive got lsd. the tranny is built as well, so i dont think ill have a problem there either. and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe. when i go to gld, ill let you all know. finally, my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??

nick

Apparantly you have not been around this internet thing that long. since an 11 second car is not the fastest thing around. In fact I could find a few cars that would love to play with that thing. But thats not my point here. You would think that after reading all of the posts about racing your car you would get some common sense. No one here hates you...well I dont think so anyway, yet you still have this cocky-ass attitude. I am not gong to lecture you but I will strongly suggest a change and maybe you will learn some things from some of these people and maybe just maybe they will learn something from you. It is not often that you see a turbo probe and i know that you have been planning this build for a long time now. I have known you for quite some time now and have never seen this attitude. Maybe you do deserve to get beat up on and have your a$$ kicked up and down GLD. Well see how far your attitude gets you. I am done with this topic.

Chris
slofarmtruck

Neal Steffek
06-09-2005, 09:06 PM
I got no hate for this kid. I just want to go to GLD with him so I can make $50.

turboprobe
06-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I have known you for quite some time now and have never seen this attitude.

What kind of car you have? Also, from where do you know me?

Overall, Im just simply stating that I put all this work into my car, to make it a 13 second car. And 13's are great in my opinion for a daily driven street car. Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car. I do not know if he has raced Tri, isnt Tri the one with the Red integra? Otherwise, what does he drive? Matt has really only raced at GLD. So, I couldnt tell you who won or lost. But Matt like any Probe, has had clutch issues and tranny issues. Especially him with 500 hp at the flywheel. Sorry for the attitude, I jsut hate being cut down. Yes I admit Probes arent the greatest cars, but to what I have done, or what Matt has done is pretty cool. And considering I have only had slow cars before this, I am pretty proud of myself. I think the racing for money is getting a little out of hand, and I would love to race all you guys. I mean some of them would be a good race, but obviously I would not be able to beat a modified STI, or a supercharged boss mustang, or a 500+ horsepower LS1. I would pick and choose my races as I see fit. I just know that alot of GTPs would be a win for me, or a close race. Considering I beat GTP's N/A. So again, sorry if I have had an attitude, I jsut wanted to show off my project. And maybe have a few fun races here and there. And like I said, I would be open for some of the races, but not a car I'd get my ass handed to me. So the minute I go to GLD, I will post my timeslips, and then we can plan the fun racing accordingly. Thank you, and sorry again.

Nick

Neal Steffek
06-09-2005, 10:50 PM
What kind of car you have? Also, from where do you know me?

Overall, Im just simply stating that I put all this work into my car, to make it a 13 second car. And 13's are great in my opinion for a daily driven street car. Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car. I do not know if he has raced Tri, isnt Tri the one with the Red integra? Otherwise, what does he drive? Matt has really only raced at GLD. So, I couldnt tell you who won or lost. But Matt like any Probe, has had clutch issues and tranny issues. Especially him with 500 hp at the flywheel. Sorry for the attitude, I jsut hate being cut down. Yes I admit Probes arent the greatest cars, but to what I have done, or what Matt has done is pretty cool. And considering I have only had slow cars before this, I am pretty proud of myself. I think the racing for money is getting a little out of hand, and I would love to race all you guys. I mean some of them would be a good race, but obviously I would not be able to beat a modified STI, or a supercharged boss mustang, or a 500+ horsepower LS1. I would pick and choose my races as I see fit. I just know that alot of GTPs would be a win for me, or a close race. Considering I beat GTP's N/A. So again, sorry if I have had an attitude, I jsut wanted to show off my project. And maybe have a few fun races here and there. And like I said, I would be open for some of the races, but not a car I'd get my ass handed to me. So the minute I go to GLD, I will post my timeslips, and then we can plan the fun racing accordingly. Thank you, and sorry again.

Nick

I don't want to be a jerk, or start pissing you off but how can you not beat a sti but can "kill" a GTP? I really have to wonder on that. I am thinking either the person in the GTP was not racing you, or you were not racing a GTP, maybe a SE. Also, if you think being in the 13's is fast for your car, you probably don't want to race me. Again, not being a jerk, but I don't want to just take your $.

Though, I would still love to see your car on hwy some night or see you run at GLD.

fireguyrick
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Neal, putting down my STi? :goof I think he was refering to racing stock GTP's vs. Stock STi's (even though he commented about not wanting to race a modified one). What does a stock GTP run (I mean off the showroom floor stock)? As far as I can see from magazine racing 15.0@93mph for a 04-05 GTP. Again, bench racing a STi 13.2@104mph....and that is actually about what I ran stock with mine.

Probe, I respect that you are doing something different, but honestly 11's are not that impressive, and 13's are as common as 6cyl Mustangs being driven by women.

The main thing is to have fun with your crap talking, but don't take anything seriously. I am sure that there are some Civic's with asstesas, wings, and stickers that you can cash in on.

Rick

Neal Steffek
06-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey Neal, putting down my STi? :goof I think he was refering to racing stock GTP's vs. Stock STi's (even though he commented about not wanting to race a modified one). What does a stock GTP run (I mean off the showroom floor stock)? As far as I can see from magazine racing 15.0@93mph for a 04-05 GTP. Again, bench racing a STi 13.2@104mph....and that is actually about what I ran stock with mine.

Probe, I respect that you are doing something different, but honestly 11's are not that impressive, and 13's are as common as 6cyl Mustangs being driven by women.

The main thing is to have fun with your crap talking, but don't take anything seriously. I am sure that there are some Civic's with asstesas, wings, and stickers that you can cash in on.

Rick

Most STOCK GTP's do mid 14's. Some freaks will do low 14's. A GTP with under $1000 done to it can do mid to low 13's. And do STOCK STI's do 13.2's or yours does. I know a few times I went to GLD and saw some heavly moddeed ones that could not get into the mids 13's. I am talking no interior or anything.

fireguyrick
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
True, it comes down to the driver with an STi. It is pretty challenging if you have no clue about AWD cars.

I ran 13.2 completely showroom stock. Most STi drivers that can infact drive their STi correctly are around the same times. THere have been one or two GREAT drivers that ran 12.9s 100% stock.

Most of the STi drivers that CAN drive, do not 1/4 mile their STi (since it is not a drag car). Most AutoX. God, if I run 13.2 with my mods I will hand over the pink slip to the first person I see.

Rick

theavenger333
06-09-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't want to be a jerk, or start pissing you off but how can you not beat a sti but can "kill" a GTP? I really have to wonder on that. I am thinking either the person in the GTP was not racing you, or you were not racing a GTP, maybe a SE. Also, if you think being in the 13's is fast for your car, you probably don't want to race me. Again, not being a jerk, but I don't want to just take your $.
Though, I would still love to see your car on hwy some night or see you run at GLD.
exactly, nick you trying to say your probe ran a mid to high 14

Al
06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
I am going to be an asshole to both sides of this thread in this post:

-Well, you GTP and STi guys spent alot more than turbo probe did to go the same speed.

-I sometimes refer to Ford Probes as "Anal Probes."

It's fun to say stuff like "that anal probe owned you!!!"

UnderPSI
06-10-2005, 12:54 AM
my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??
nick

Should be an easy $200 for you then, but yea, I will give it a try, Let me know what day. :thumbsup

UnderPSI
06-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Now, my friend Matt's car, that is a race car.
Nick

A race car besides? I am talking about racing my daily driver. you should REALLY have no problem taking my money then, I would still try anyway even though i have so much running against me right now.

ponyride00
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
I am going to be an asshole to both sides of this thread in this post:

-Well, you GTP and STi guys spent alot more than turbo probe did to go the same speed.

-I sometimes refer to Ford Probes as "Anal Probes."

It's fun to say stuff like "that anal probe owned you!!!"

I agree with you . I may have put alot of money into the mustang the last couple of years but not nearly as much as the STI, Evo, or Cobra guys paid for their cars off the showroom floor. Dont get me wrong, I love all of the cars listed above but it makes me laugh when guys beat my car and rub it in, because even with the mods that are done to my car, plus what I got the car for, I would still have to spend another ten grand to get to the amount that they paid for their cars from the factory.

fireguyrick
06-10-2005, 04:00 AM
To many people get into pissing matches about how fast they can go and how much it cost them. Honestly, the amount of money I have spent on my car is stupid. Sometimes, I wish I would not have. But, driving is what brings me alot of pleasure. It is all about the sport, and people need to BE good sports. A little joking or playfully rubbing a lose in is all fine and good. If a person gets beat, they should take it as it is, they lost to a faster car (which there is always one). If we all had cars that ran the same times it would not be any fun to race.

I could care less if turboprobe guy spent $100 or $100K on mods. I could care less if he ran 8's or 18's. As long as the person is not an asshat it is all good. We all have our limits, and we should respect them.

Rick

Lash
06-10-2005, 06:28 AM
300 w.h.p. and you only hoping for 13's?????

Sheesh....I know a turbo'd cavalier with stock internals/bolt-on's that pushed around 270 whp and ran a 12.8....on all season street tires.

Irish
06-10-2005, 07:42 AM
my friends 500 hp probe runs 11's, do you really want a piece of that??
nick

I do. - Irish

ponyride00
06-10-2005, 07:56 AM
To many people get into pissing matches about how fast they can go and how much it cost them. Honestly, the amount of money I have spent on my car is stupid. Sometimes, I wish I would not have. But, driving is what brings me alot of pleasure. It is all about the sport, and people need to BE good sports. A little joking or playfully rubbing a lose in is all fine and good. If a person gets beat, they should take it as it is, they lost to a faster car (which there is always one). If we all had cars that ran the same times it would not be any fun to race.

I could care less if turboprobe guy spent $100 or $100K on mods. I could care less if he ran 8's or 18's. As long as the person is not an asshat it is all good. We all have our limits, and we should respect them.

Rick

:thumbsup

turboprobe
06-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I am hoping for 13's cause I dont want to think I am faster than that. So Im not disappointed if I dont break 13's. I could MAYBE run 12's, but I dont want to set anything to high. I still need to get used to launching and racing from a stop with the turbo. AS far as before turbo, I ran 14.8-14.9. So thats why I am saying I beat a GTP. Cause I did, at a light, on highway. And It said GTP on it, and I heard the whine. So thats the only reason I say I can run faster than alot of GTP's with my turbo. As far as the 11 sec probe being a race car, its jsut that he runs slicks, and no rear seat, and its just fast like a race car. But he doesnt drive it on the street much cause he has a Ranger for a daily driver. And 11-13's for a Probe is actually really good, considering they are wrong wheel drive, weigh 2700-2900 punds, and bone stock run high 15's or 16's.

Nick

UnderPSI
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM
As far as the 11 sec probe being a race car, its jsut that he runs slicks, and no rear seat, and its just fast like a race car.
Nick

I didn't say that it wasn't a race car. I said that i wanted to race for a little cash. Still no answer though.

Irish
06-10-2005, 02:33 PM
no me first!

Teufelhunden
06-10-2005, 02:45 PM
:D
http://www.foto-art.co.uk/safari%20images/Whitebacked%20Vultures.JPG

Lash
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
lol

Irish
06-10-2005, 03:26 PM
yesssss!!!!!!!

MY4RCDGSX
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM

nick

From Mequon, eh? So this car is local? :goof

I'd be willing to check this car out. Meet somewhere, sometime? :confused

turbogarrett
06-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Can my N/A rx7 have a piece of this race probe as well?

Lash
06-10-2005, 10:13 PM
and i have never had my probe in waukesha. im from mequon, so its probably a different probe.

I saw a black probe with the EXACT same hood scoupe that you have....so I dunno.

It was at the gas station across from Waukesha Motors (old Mitsubishi dealer) on hwy 18.

turboprobe
06-11-2005, 10:12 AM
yeah, there is this other guy that has a hood scoop, and his probe is black. the difference is he lives in waukesha, has rims, fog lights and its an automatic. so that prolly who that is.

Nick

UnderPSI
06-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Still no answer on the race??????

twicks69
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I didn't say that it wasn't a race car. I said that i wanted to race for a little cash. Still no answer though. -> I am in too.

Question??? Why are you (turbo probe guy) endorsing your friend's "500whp" turbo probe into races. Who cares if he runs 11's. If he wants to race us, why doesn't he post on this page. Be at the track (GLD) on Saturday July 30th. I'll call you and him out; and I know alot of other people that aren't threatened by your friend's car even if he only runs 11's.

This way, you will have lots of time to tune your car and learn how to race, so that when my car is back together (DSM--what do you expect--they always break), I can race him untuned and beat him.

and yes, this is SMACK TALK. Bring IT! :thumbsup

WilliamZ
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I remember being up on hwy hearing about some 11sec Probe last year. I was driving around a turbo'd Integra and we pulled up next to this 11sec Probe. They seemed to be a bit cocky. I asked them what that car ran. They said something and just looked forward. I told them they should run me on the freeway. They said sure and they whipped out the videocamera. The Integra made it look like it was standing still from a freeway roll.. Where is that footage?!? :thumbsup

Irish
06-13-2005, 10:33 AM
speaking of footage.......

UnderPSI
06-13-2005, 12:07 PM
:wooo

theavenger333
06-15-2005, 02:59 AM
I remember being up on hwy hearing about some 11sec Probe last year. I was driving around a turbo'd Integra and we pulled up next to this 11sec Probe. They seemed to be a bit cocky. I asked them what that car ran. They said something and just looked forward. I told them they should run me on the freeway. They said sure and they whipped out the videocamera. The Integra made it look like it was standing still from a freeway roll.. Where is that footage?!? :thumbsup
rrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll that beautiful bean footage.....

turboprobe
06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
what color was this probe u saw??

nick

WilliamZ
06-16-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't know it was last year. They all are the same to me..

Berettaspeed
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
so is this thing still running or did it blow up??LOL just messing PM me man

number1
11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm quessing you are talking about Matt mass's Probe Gt 464 WHP. 11.64 is pretty good for a probe. I beleive you should be right around 300 WHP at 10 lbs and should be able to run a low 13 on street tires. After that you WILL start having tranny problems. We are turbocharging my buddies 93 GT this winter with MSnS and Mine should be done in summer, I'm just a lil 4 banger.