PDA

View Full Version : 3" G-Body 78-87 Exhaust w/ 3.5" dump, Monte SS style exit

GinoRin
05-30-2005, 09:34 AM
This is a custom exhaust done by a place down in Illinois. It is to be used with a 78-87 G-body. Taken off my 87 Buick Turbo-T, it has the single 4-bolt cat flange on it, then splits to duals (just like the monte). It's a great exhaust that looks like it flows well, but it has 2 super turbo mufflers on it which aren't a good performer on a turbo Buick (work great on NA engines). I believe the intermediary pipes may be 2.5" after the cat collector, and go to 3" after the muffler, but I haven't looked that close yet. It also has a 3.5" dump pipe installed right at the cat collector that is a piece of cake to unbolt and run open (30 seconds tops.. dont ask how i know.. hehe). It's actually a real cool system, but the mufflers just don't suit a turbocharged car faster then low 12's becuase of the baffling in the mufflers. It would sound and look awesome on a V8 car! It has one crack in the weld by the dump that will need to be welded up, other than that, it should be a bolt-in affair (unless I have to cut the pipes over the axle to remove). It's still installed on the car right now. Tough looking out the back, too! I'm selling it to move up to a stainless ATR system. First $150 can have it! Local pick-up only. I'm in Brookfield.

GinoRin
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Bump :thumbsup

GinoRin
06-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised noone has jumped on this yet!

PB86MCSS
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Me too...would of myself but purchased a nice cat-back setup this spring for my SS already...